Friday the 13th: The Video Game (PS4/XBone/PC)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Looks like I need to start pricing PS4s, damnit. I still haven't played most of the games I bought for my PS3 (I use it to play movies and to stream) but this could be amazing.

othervoice1 and Steel76 like this.
  2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I bought this during the kickstarter campaign - I am sure I will really enjoy it - I just wish/hope they surprise us with some sort of solo campaign even if its small or just scenarios. But last I have heard it is still multiplayer only. Ill still play it - but would just enjoy an offline solo more.

3. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Wait until the Playstation Neo is announced in a couple of days. It may appeal to you more. At the very least the price of the PS4 will drop.

4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Holy shit, that is a violent game. Wow.

5. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I wonder how this will rate "M" or the "AO." Let's get it back to full 80's nostalgia and have a parents campaign against violent video games. Get banned in 80 countries on the box. Hell lets get Tipper to dig up Nancy and have some hay day fun.

The game looks sweet!

6. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Oi. Being an AC/DC fan, I did not appreciate Tipper in the '80's.

soxfan666 likes this.
  7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Now here's the question: Go Digital Code($30) or Physical Copy($60) I really would like a actual copy with cover art. But dam, $30 more. Also I really wish this was a single player game with a multiplayer in the future instead of the other way around. Head scratcher for sure. I stated before in thread on what could happen in multiplayer. Plus your relying on people playing AND they keeping severs open for this game to be played. No server activity, no game.

Strange as this might sound, but digital codes are usually the same price as physical copies. Especially on new releases. In fact video deals are usually for physical copies, almost never on digital codes. Take BF 1 pre orders. Deals are on physical, zero on digital.

On a side note, the latest video I only watched like 10 seconds of it. I figure why ruin the game? It will be more of a surprise when you play it, no?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  8. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Is it being released on Sega Genesis? Cuz that's the only console that rides in my house, son.

9. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

Some of those kills are too much. I'm reminded of what I think an AintitCool reviewer noticed about the Friday the 13th remake. Which is that Jason doesn't torture.

10. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as too much, in a slasher movie/game :D
    The more brutal and gruesome, the better ;)

That's why I prefer The Burning, The Prowler, My Bloody Valentine, etc.

11. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Yeah, but all those sentiments are garbage. If one tries to make any sense out of the Friday the 13th series, it's always a moot point. There's zero logic in the entire series and even less logic in a lot "Jason doesn't do x" fan theories. I've never understood horror fan logic where rape was so offensive, but it's ok to laugh at murder or Jason just killing is fine, but torturing is somehow over the line. It just doesn't make any sense. Plus, Jason chasing down victims is mental torture, anyways. A newsflash to horror fans; you're not supposed to like Jason. He's not supposed to be on your good side. The only reason we cheer Jason on is because we're desensitized to him and we don't take these wacky films seriously and he is pretty much the lone entertainment in all of them.

They can't make a horror movie today with the tame kills of the 80s. It's just not gonna happen, and they especially can't take the violence out of a horror video game where it's animation. All the kills I saw in the F13 game trailer look like hack fluff compared to stuff like Mortal Kombat X.

Workshed, othervoice1, Natas and 2 others like this.
  12. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

That depends on the horror movie you are making. If we are talking Friday the 13th, then yes, there are some things that Jason shouldn't do. Things that would go against the character. I've seen The Burning twice. I can't remember much of the kills or the movie, except a nude outdoor shower scene and I think a raft kill of a bunch of people. I haven't seen the 3D My Bloody Valentine but I like the original. I haven't seen The Prowler yet.

I don't think they are garbage. It's about the character. I think he's been fairly consistent in what he does in most of the good Friday the 13th movies. The remake was the one that did the torture in the form of lengthening out some of the deaths. The sleeping bag one and the axe throw are the two that I remember. Jason is mostly about quick kills. You have some fun and then boom he has you. He's not going to kill like a Freddy or Pinhead. I can't speak to Part 9 as I still haven't seen that one completely. I've seen so many parts of the movie but never sat down and watched the whole movie in one sitting. I'm always amazed at how bad it is just from parts.

I don't know about rape horror movies as I don't watch stuff like I Spit on Your Grave. I'm not into that sort of thing. With Friday the 13th, it's about breaking the rules. At least to me. You break the rules of ignoring the kids and drink / have underage sex on the camp grounds then Jason shows up. I've posted about it before related to Jason and other horror movie villains that the killer isn't supposed to be the hero. But when movies continue to have stupid kids that you don't like or can't relate to, then you do want them to get it.

Mortal Kombat kills were always over the top from the beginning. I watched some of the Mortal Kombat X fatalities back when it was released and I didn't think anything of it because that was in line with Mortal Kombat's universe. I see Jason curb stomping and stepping on someone while they are in a fire and think that's not a Jason type kill. When Jason does have a torture type kill it seems to be for a reason or because of what a character did. Take the Jason X face smash kill. The girl is shown before that kill joking and dissecting Jason. That was a bit of revenge.

13. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

So there is no release date yet for this game?

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Searching Google I found:

"Friday the 13th: The Game is expected to release sometime in October 2016 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One."

Dobby likes this.
  15. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info much appreciated.

I hope they make a single player option. I don't want someone rude yelling in my ear. Having played several online multiplayer games I have had enough! Too many times I get players that wont shut up. It's very very difficult to find a core group of players you would call genuine friends. But after reading this topic seems we are 50/50.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

All good!

Yeah a single player option would be nice. It'll be interesting to see what the reviews are like too.

Dobby likes this.
  17. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

What gaming system do you have?

18. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Yeah, I've been impressed by everything I've seen so far, but no singleplayer, no buy.

Still think that the multiplayer lobbies are gonna be a fuckin ghost town after this has been out for a few months.

19. Steel76

If Jason can turn into a Zombie, a demon slug, a cyborg etc.
    Then he can do whatever he fucking want mate ;)

Why can't a character evolve and do things differently?
    Why do Jason have to do the same thing, he did 30 years ago?
    Quite boring to limiting him, by some "rules".

20. Steel76

Also, the kills in the original movies were cut down by the MPAA, loosing some of that extended brutality.

Think of this, part 4 is one of the more violent of the originals.
    The opening at the morgue is pretty damn violent, even in the R-rated version.
    Were he slowly lifts the nurse of the floor, and then split her open with the scalpel. No quick kill there.
    Same with a lot of the rest of the murders in the uncut form, many that would fit perfectly in the game.

Also, when one of the main guys get killed of screen in the cellar, and you hear him scream "He's killing me", no quick kill, just brutality.

Btw, I wonder why they never bothered with releasing part 4 uncut, since that footage looks just as good as the rest of the film.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Zombie Dude likes this.