Friday the 13th: The Video Game (PS4/XBone/PC)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Oct 13, 2015.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I've been watching some of the prerelease, live gameplay streams on YouTube the past couple days, and honestly, this game looks like it will get really boring, really quickly.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. Dave

Dave Pimp

Agreed. Ordered it for pc but mostly want single player.

3. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I played it a bit today and I think it is fun - although I sucked. It has a lot of bugs right now that should get patched in the future. The single player is what I most look forward too but that wont be out until late summer. The video graphics are so-so - but I found them decent enough. As a big fan of Friday the 13th it is awesome just to have this game at all.

Zombie Dude and baggio like this.
  4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Was watching some Twitch. Seems like people were having fun playing the game. Look pretty decent.

othervoice1 likes this.
  5. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I have been playing the game for about 20 hours now. The livestreams looked fun, but possibly draining with potential to get boring. Playing it, however, is amazing. Every game is tense and I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a game.

othervoice1 and fceurich39 like this.
  6. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

A fun Killer montage/Music Video featuring a new song by Crazy Lixx :)

Love the axe dismemberment and the spear through the head :D
    I wanna see a new movie with kills just as brutal.

7. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I've been reading some of the comments, reviews, and problems so far with the game. I'm bet it's a lot of fun with people you know or people who play correctly. But if not, there should always be a single player mode. That's what I'm still waiting for this summer. For what it is right now, it seems like it was overpriced.

Zombie Dude and Workshed like this.
  8. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Definitely not overpriced. But I see the issue as a lot of non-multiplayer gamers trying out the game, not understanding that there are communities and networks very easily found on the PS4 for matchmaking, and having a bad time without really 'getting' the rules. I have seen plenty of people play with little hiccups here and there. So I cannot see a good reason for all of these screwups, glitches excluded of course, other than bad internet connections or fear of using social skills.

I've played 40 bucks worth already.

9. ImmortalSlasher

I think with all the problems it's not a finished product yet. That's why I think it's overpriced. And with multiplayer you still need people to understand the rules of the game. That's what a good single player mode will do. There are posts about people killing each other and I think that has happened very rarely in Friday the 13th movies. Right now I only remember Part 8 and the remake where characters mistakenly killed someone instead of Jason.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  10. Dave

Dave Pimp

I'm enjoying the game more than I expected. I was thinking I wouldn't be playing much until single player comes out. But it's pretty fun. I suck as Jason, though. I only played him twice. First time I killed one person and then literally like a group of 3 or 4 escaped in the car. I enjoy spectating too...after I get killed. It's too bad you can't spectate Jason.

othervoice1 likes this.
  11. killit

killit Active Member

Am I missing something? There is like never any sessions going?

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I remember reading that if you pre order the game you will get single player(when it comes out) for free. I wonder what the charge for the full game will be when the single player comes out. Or will it be free to anyone who buys the multiplayer game now.(not pre order) Imho it should be just a free download update for anyone that owns the games regardless if they pre ordered it or not. Considering all the "system crashes" they are reporting.

13. ImmortalSlasher

I thought they were going to announce updates at the videogame convention. I haven't read anything yet. I did see a story that linked to a video about how to kill Jason. It is obvious to fans of the series but good that they put it in.

14. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

Is this only available as a download for PS4? My wife is the gamer, not me. I don't have the attention span. But I might give this one a try.

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

PS4, PC, and Xbox One.

The Joker likes this.
  16. The Joker

I mean...for PS4, can you only get a download, or can you get a physical disc?

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

There will be at some point. But they did have a way at their site to buy the disc version. Also it was more expensive than the digital download. $20 more than the digital copy.

"Hey guys. As some have noticed, we took down physical copies of the game from our pre-order page. There’s a couple reasons why we did this. I’ll do my best now to explain those.

First and foremost, we have some good news and we have some bad news. The bad news is that manufacturing won’t be finished by launch day, more details on this below. However, in an effort to make it right with all of you supporting us, we're going to give you an additional digital key free-of-charge for the game. This way you can join in on the fun, Day One.

Now let’s talk details. We need to stop taking orders so we can fulfill them. Bigger publishers can place large orders, however we don’t have the cash laying around to order 50K+ physical copies of the game, so we have to do these in smaller batches.

Next, we underestimated how long it would take for the print companies to manufacture and ship these to you. We have to pass certification with both MS/Sony and then send that code to the manufacturer so they can create the disc. Then they print and create the boxes, put the discs in the cases, so on and so forth. We thought this could be done relatively quickly, but we were wrong.

I know what you’re thinking; “Wait, I ordered a physical copy of the game...do I not get to play on launch day?” - At least, that’s what I would be thinking. And the answer is, yes you’ll still get to play on launch day. As mentioned above, we will be sending out digital keys to everyone that bought a physical copy of the game. You’ll get your physical copy in the mail later. How much later? We’re working with the manufacturer now to get some dates. We’re also investigating ways to expedite international shipping and customs which takes time depending on the country you live in. I didn’t want to wait on them, and not get you guys some form of an update. We strive to be honest and transparent with everything we do.

I know this isn’t the greatest news, and I take full responsibility for this and I wholeheartedly apologize. And while not a perfect consolation, at least with a digital key you still get to play the game day one, at no additional charge. There are a lot of luxuries to being a small team. We’re nimble, we’re passionate and being small allows to be close to you guys and not a faceless mega company. But there are some limitations to being a small fish in a big pond and we’re feeling that with physical copies of the game.

If anyone feels wronged or that our solution is unacceptable, we will refund your physical copy pre-order no questions asked. Again, I apologize and once I get an update on manufacturing, you will be the first to know. If you have any additional questions about this feel free to reply directly to this email and we will answer you.

Warmest Regards,

-Wes Keltner
    "

The Joker likes this.
  18. The Joker

Makes total sense. Thanks man!

baggio likes this.
  19. ImmortalSlasher

These game Kickstarters always seem to have problems. I hope the Bloodstained one goes ok. I contributed to that one. It was delayed but from the recent video I saw it's looking really good. I don't doubt the people involved so I'm looking forward to the delayed release early next year.

I'll get Friday the 13th when it's complete at retail. Perhaps they will have it ready for October.

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Free DLC for server problems.

othervoice1 likes this.