Friday the 13th: The Video Game (PS4/XBone/PC)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Oct 13, 2015.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Physical copy of game coming October 13th 2017

$39.99 for Xbox One or Playstation 4

"Press Release: Lexington, KY -- August 2nd, 2017 -- Friday the 13th: The Game has surpassed 1.8M unit sales since launch to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam, it can be announced. Gun Media and IllFonic are also happy to reveal that Friday the 13th: The Game will launch on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to most major retailers as a physical disc on Friday the 13th, this October.

"It's been a long two months from our team here at Gun and IllFonic,' says Wes Keltner, Gun Media studio head. 'We have had an incredibly supportive and dedicated community since we launched, and while things haven't been completely smooth we definitely feel confident moving forward. The team has grown and we are committed as we work to add more content, more kills, more to do and of course the single player component to the game.'

'This game started as a dream and was supported by over 55,000 backers and has since become something larger. We have increased our staff, we're squashing bugs and working with two third party teams to ensure the future of this game in all of it's gory glory. Jason definitely lives, and it's been an honor bringing him to fans, new and old."

The long-awaited physical retail version will launch on Friday the 13th, this October at most major retailers. It will feature an exclusive free Bloody Jason skin variant for all playable Jason versions in the game, as well as a free clothing pack for all playable camp counselors.

The game retails for $39.99USD both for digital and physical versions."

https://dailydead.com/friday-the-13...dition-to-be-released-on-friday-october-13th/

2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I saw a post about the single player that said it's going to be a mission mode and not a story mode. That could be ok if it's long missions. But if it's short, find item and get here sort of stuff. I'll wait on a discount.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Anybody play?

4. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

So, is the one player option just supposed to be an software update if you've already purchased the hard copy?

5. maybrick

Is there a one player option? If there is I haven’t found it out.

If anybody wants to play a game with me, my username is CountYorgaVampir.

6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

No one player option yet - I think they are shooting for end of the year. Also I got an email yesterday that my physical copy (from kickstarter campaign) is delayed again but hopefully will be here in a week or two

7. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

yes- but it may be a bit yet before it comes out

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game/posts

scroll down a bit and youll see a map for releases they plan on

I should correct my post above too - I see offline bots listed on the map as supposedly shortly after Halloween- and Single Player challenges will be coming later after that.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Mutilated Prey likes this.
  8. maybrick

Gotta say I’m getting irritated. Whats the point of a hard copy if you still have to connect? It was working fine a few hours ago but now I’m just getting a “Failed to host game session” memo. $37 well spent.

9. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Not sure what game system you have but I used to have a ps4. I had both digital downloads and hard copies. When my internet provider shit the bed. I lost internet access for 3 days. My ps4 refused to let me play any of my games without an internet connection. The only game I was still able to play with no internet was broforce. The rest of my games 49 downloaded with dlc. Were completely turned into bricks. I was also unable to play even my own hard copies. So eventually I just sold off my ps4. I'm not sure if this problem is also existent on xbox one. The final nail in the coffen for me was their game servers constantly down.

10. maybrick

I’m new to the whole online gaming thing. This is my first real experience with it. I bought the PS4 a month ago and the connection is fine. I can connect to the Playstation site no prob. And my download speed maxes at 70mb/s so I don’t think the problem lies there. But then my son is also playing Roblox, so maybe that’s it? I think my daughter is also Facetiming with a friend.

11. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Member

I just cancelled my Amazon order. No one-player campaign, no dice. And having to have an Xblox Live account to play? No thanks. I'll wait for things to get sorted out.

rxfiend likes this.