Friday the 13th: The Video Game (PS4/XBone/PC)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Oct 13, 2015.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I scoffed at Playstation Plus as well, but it really isn’t that expensive. The cost of Netflix or less a month, actually. I signed up for $24/three months but you can try it for free for a few days.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  2. maybrick

I enjoy playing against the bots, too. It’s very relaxing after the stress filled world of playing Jason against real people. But as of yet they really aren’t a permanent substitute and once you become accustomed to being Jason you’ll notice the seams showing (if you haven’t already) in bot behavior.

Mutilated Prey and buck135 like this.
  3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Many people here playing on Xbox? All these positive remarks are making me want to get this.

4. maybrick

The new Pinehurst map with Jason Part 5 (Roy) drops tomorrow and I can’t wait because it also is supposed to dial back on health sprays and pocket knives that have been giving an advantage to councilors for far too long. Awesome! :)

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Sweet - love new maps.

6. Mutilated Prey

The new Pinehurst map is pretty impressive - lots of landmarks very reminiscent of the film.

Cool new kills too with the shears. What's everyone's favorite kill so far? I think mine is death by birdbath - lol.

maybrick likes this.
  7. Mutilated Prey

othervoice1 and buck135 like this.
  8. maybrick

The birdbath is a good one. I also love the fireplace kill.

9. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Just fyi:

Single Player Challenge Teaser
    In case you missed it, we have a First Look at the Single Player Challenge Mode, with this overview of the initial tutorial mission. Enjoy!!!

https://youtu.be/pqH4xOBBxQ4

baggio likes this.
  10. Mutilated Prey

That looks awesome! I saw a lot of people were requesting a story mode of sorts - this must be it.

Anyone notice double experience points this past weekend?

11. maybrick

They have those every few months, usually coinciding with an update but not always. This one was particularly good because it helped get me to level 100.

I have to mention that I really hate their message board. Maybe I am spoiled for being here so long, but they run it like a goddamned police state. They routinely shut down topics and delete posts like mad but won’t do a damned thing in regards to people posting racist memes. Not to mention that the good guy to asshole ratio is high. Screw that place.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  12. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I thought the single player would be play as a counselor. Perhaps that's still in the works. But I still want a story mode. The idea of small challenges just doesn't sound that great. I wonder if this will be complete by October this year?

I think a lot of forums or places where you can comment are out of control these days. I don't know how it happened. I know bots are on many forums. But you also have crude comments from people just because they can. Youtube, Instagram, and other places have terrible comments when I've checked out of curiosity. And of course forum moderators will delete anything that's negative against their product. I used to see stuff like that on gaming forums in the past. Even people who weren't moderators or perhaps secret "community managers" would try to stop negative posts and change the flow of the discussion.

13. maybrick

They don’t delete the negative stuff about the game. The board is actually overrun with people constantly bitching about how the game is “dying”, etc. The problem is the intense micromanagement that takes place constantly, deleting minor off topic comments while simultaneously ignoring bigoted posts that instigate arguments. (They’ll delete the entire discussion but leave the original offensive post intact.)

14. Mutilated Prey

Level 100?! I'm only at level 25, and I feel I play quite a bit. What's your average points per game? I range anywhere from 950-1250.

Oh, and who's buying kills? What's up with that? I saw you could buy like 3 Part IV kills or something. Shouldn't these all just be part of leveling up?

15. maybrick

You have to remember that I have been playing online matches since I bought the game in October. 950-1250 sounds about right if you’re playing as a councilor and survive the night or escape, hit Jason once and complete at least one of the objectives during online play. Just partipating in an online match will give you an automatic 500 xp that you can’t earn offline against bots. Playing as Jason can net you twice as much if you have a good match. To get to level 100 though I didn’t want to fiddle with online matches and their temperamental hosts and fickle server connections so I played as Jason in offline matches Monday morning for about 90 minutes before the double XP expired. Tried to do it properly Saturday night/Sunday morning but only got to 98. Midnight to dawn on the weekends is generally the time I play the most because I work third shift during the week so that’s when I am most awake (and likely drunk if I’m being honest. Not much else to do when everybody else in the house is asleep).

Oh, and I've thought about buying the extra kills and Halloween costumes just to support the developers and give them a few extra bucks to keep going, but haven't yet. Jason IV is a Jason that I rarely use and the costumes aren't very essential.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  16. Mutilated Prey

Ah right - I forgot that you had been playing for a while. I've strictly done offline/Jason, so I guess I've been gaining points decently.

I'll probably buy the kills one day just for fun, but I don't see myself buying the different clothes.

17. maybrick

There isn’t any point for you yet in buying the kills since you haven’t unlocked Part IV, or the clothes since you don’t play online. But when you do, prepare to be frustrated. It’s a whole different experience. Much harder against real people.