Friday the 13th

Discussion in 'High Def' started by rhett, Feb 3, 2009.

1. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

The cropping isn't what bothers me, it's the fact that the color timing is poorly done. The whites look annoyingly blown out and for me, obscures detail in both brightly-lit and darker scenes.

At least the mono track isn't a "downmix" of a new 5.1 remix, a la the NOES Platinum Series disc.

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I dunno, there's something strange about rhett's blu-ray captures. They always look as if someone turned the brightness on the television all the way up. My blu-rays of the films he's reviewed never look the way they do on my television the way they look on here.

3. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

One thing I need to add to the discussion about the standard disc is how nice the new 5.1 mix was. Remember Brenda going outside after hearing the "HELP ME!" yells? I barely noticed those before and now it sounded like my daughter was calling out from another room. The sound is a big improvement from the old mono disc with a lot of separation and clarity.

4. anonymous

anonymous New Member

The movie looks amazing and I'm glad they zoomed a bit cause some of the night scenes were shot in a really far off and wide space and you can barely tell what's goin on. Everything is more noticeable and cleaner, and closer. It just looks much better to me. I love this transfer and this disc. Especially after seeing the VHS version the other night :/

5. anonymous

anonymous New Member

Hey Rhett, Give it to my straight about Jason how much of the uncut is needless dialogue? I already own the previous release from paramount... and I wanted to know how much of the DvD's uncut is cut-violence as opposed to cut-dialogue cause If i shell the coin out to pick this up I'd like to know beforehand. I'd really like to know if the guy in the yellow rainslicker got stabbed where i think he got stabbed, cause if he did... that makes it so much more effective.

6. anonymous

anonymous New Member

I just finished watching the deluxe DVD and I have to say that the zooming in of the image did not bother me, I didn't notice it despite knowing it was there. The 5.1 mix sounds great. I wonder though, if some of the mix was achieved by adding to the existing audio elements. During the end right before Jason jumps out of the water, that calm, serene song sounds like it has had more drums added it it when I switch back and forth from 5.1 to mono, or maybe it is just that the new mix brought out things that were not heard very well before.