Fright Night 2

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by vidjunkie, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Franco

Franco Weekender

Hey, vidjunkie! I totally LOVED your release of FRIGHT NIGHT PART TWO! It's one of my most beloved 80's movies ever! Thanks for it! You're great doin' this!

2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Absolutely - it is my favorite of the series and I am tired of waiting for it as well

3. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Well we should start on this soon, I now have all the files I need to get things underway and we are planning on possibly porting over all\most DVD extras, I know it is a long shot but it sure would be cool if these 2 got together again for some more movies, they make a great comical pair lol.

4. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Here is an updated teaser pic for RH2 and another title we are thinking on doing,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Oooooo Private School, nice!! :eek1:

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's a really solid release. Good HD picture with nice grain structure, lossless 2.0 audio option ported over from the laserdisc, as well as standard Dolby 5.1 & 2.0 options. And even optional English subtitles!

In the extras department there's several different trailers for the film including a true HD remaster of the original theatrical trailer; the entire comic book adaptation presented as a gallery; some full-color Fangoria article scans regarding the film...and these scans are so crisp and clear that you can easily read the articles. There's also the Full Screen version of the film included in the extras, which is the same as the Artisan DVD...and you can easily tell just how the overwhelmingly superior HD widescreen presentation simply tears it to pieces.

Some pics of the release (and lobby cards):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Thank you so much for the kind words, we really appreciate it very much and we are glad you enjoy the BD, many, many more are in the works.

Thanks again

8. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

I just have to show what my friend and I are working on, a 2-disc for these titles, so if you have both titles this is a pretty good option to have.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside art
    [​IMG]

not bad huh? I like it:D

I know some of you here got FN2 so if you are interested in this cover when it is final let me know, it may even have inside art to go with it(showing chapters and specs) we are deciding this now.

*edit, there will be inside art, I will post a sample when we have one.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  9. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

I added the inside art to the post.

10. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

I am thinking of selling sealed Twilight Time copy of Fright Night w\magnet and throwing in our Fright Night Part II as a freebie, but I wonder if there will even be any interest.

also we are finishing up these 2 titles along with Maximum Overdrive, I know, I know, who the hell want Lake Placid 3 & 4 lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. HorrorFan24

HorrorFan24 New Member

If this WIP is still in the works. Do you have any idea when we could expect to see it.

12. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

Yeah , me too if anyone can help me out PM me and let me know if it's possible, and maybe we can work something out.

13. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Finally got a hold of a copy of this and had the pleasure of watching it last night. It's a very impressive package (I got the dark cover) that looks just like something that you would see in a store. Besides not having a barcode, nothing looks off and the print of the cover is super clear. Little fuzzy on one back screenshot is all my OCD could find even slightly off, and at a glance it's not fuzzy!

The movie does look a bit better than the HD broadcast I had on my dvr, although I don't have the best eyes and can't explain how exactly. It just seemed like the colors popped, and bright daylight scenes have that 3d effect. It's a better transfer than many budget BD's I own.

I only had time to skim through the extras. It's fun switching back and forth with the FS version so I'm glad it was included (first thought was "why?", now I see why). If you have a FS loving friend or family member, this could offer a good education.:D

Somehow I missed the comic adaptation, so that is great to see and the Fangoria pieces are brilliant. With so little existing as for extras for this film, that's about as good as you can get right now, and as close to a making of as there is. Plus I was worried I might not be able to read text on the scans (my bd player's zoom don't work, never has), but that isn't an issue. I do have to get up close to read the comic scans, but the Fango ones are great and readable from the couch. Kinda reminds me of laserdisc, except better cuz it's scans of the articles, not plain text of the articles reprinted in boring font and without pictures.

All in all this is one great overall package. It proves how shitty some real studios are (I'm looking at you Echo Bridge) by doing everything they don't do. Best scan possible, check. Audio options, you got it. Subtitles? We got those too. The lobby cards are a nice touch that just sends it over the edge of awesome. So happy I have this and looking forward to checking out more of your crew's offerings. You guys put many studios to shame, keep up the great work!:banana::banana:

14. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Thank god. I thought I was the only one without the equipment and/or know-how. :D

15. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

@ bigdaddyhorse, thank you so much for the great review and very kind words, 1 of my Team members has also read what you wrote and thanks you very much as well, it is always very nice to read these, this is what keeps us doing what we do, as I have said several times over and over, we are just normal movie fans like everyone else here trying to share what we do, so thank you again for this nice little write up.

By the way, just wait till you see Maximum Overdrive, it is now finished!

16. evileye

evileye Member

Great review. How do we get it?

17. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Well I am trying to figure out now how to do this, the file share site we used in the past really sucks, I was giving out the links only to find out files were deleted when I was assured this would not happen, and some people still do not like or know how to use the newsgroups, but it will be upped real soon, or I do trades.

Thanks for the interest

18. NewNightmare

NewNightmare New Member

How on earth do you go about creating such amazing works of art? Whoever did this and however they did it need more than a thank you. They need a world-wide distribution deal. Amazing :D

19. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Our projects now have a home, if you like torrents that is what we are doing now, it is invite only and the site is great! so if interested let me know in the thread and I will contact you.

Thanks

20. Franco

Franco Weekender

Hey, vidjunkie! Please let me in... Torrents are definitely my stuff. Sometimes as a previous step to buy titles now or in a future.