From Beyond the Grave

Discussion in 'Classic' started by dwatts, Feb 1, 2008.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Well, I watched this tonight - from the R1 release. This is one of the better anthology films, imo. Whereas some strike a balance of humor and horror ever so slightly on the side of the humor, with others going the other way, this one walks the line quite well. Cushing was getting on a bit, but that never held him back.

The episodes include one with a mirror that's very effective, another with Diana Dors and Donald Pleasance which has a nice ending, a demon (well, elemetnal) that sits on shoulders, a mysterious door bathed in blood.... All very nice indeed.

The frmaing device isn't all that, but so what. I thoroughly enjoyed this, and if you're in the right frame of mind you can even catch a chill from it. Excellent.

2. jefff

jefff Guest

This was one of the only Amicus anthologies I hadnt seen, and I loved it. I'm so glad WB released it with good A/V quality. Getting that and Tales From The Crypt at the same time was a godsend I didnt think would ever happen.

3. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

My girlfriend and I are just discovering the Amicus horror anthologies, and I thought that one was really good just like all the rest we've seen.

Plus, it's the first flick directed by Kevin Connor (Land That Time Forgot and People That Time forgot are two favorites of mine, plus he also did At The Earth's Core and Motel Hell among others).

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

A pretty fun film with a great cast of old pros.These stories were all based on the works of R. Chetwynd Hayes,his stories were also adapted for the anthology film THE MONSTER CLUB.

5. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I liked this one a lot.