Fulci & The Beyond

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by The Joker, Oct 15, 2003.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm a big Fulci fan. Great atmosphere and beautifully shot, but the scripts are an empty bore. All style, no substance.

And the bonus features on these new blu-rays make him out to be a real scumbag, especially in regards to how he treated his actresses on set. Plus, didn't he slap the kid from City Of The Living Dead for accidentally saying "cut" after he blew a take? He seems like a real piece of trash, and I can't say I have any respect for him.

2. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

And that's exactly what's so wrong with so many other movies. The need to explain it all.

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. I especially hate it when directors go back and make director's cuts of their films solely for the purpose to make them easier to understand. Richard Kelly's director's cut of Donnie Darko comes to mind.

Not everything needs to be explained in movies. Is everything always explained in life? I think that's the point. Just suspend your disbelief for an hour and a half and enjoy the movie.

~Matt

4. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Just got a refund for this - looks like the Hardcover special edition is dead. Bummer.

5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate. I was hoping to get a copy of the "ultra" limited edition print. Guess that gives me $137.00 to spend on other things.