Fulci Trifecta

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jun 21, 2004.

1. abattoir17

abattoir17 Guest

That's actually Shreik Show's Zombie 2 DVD, not the original Zombie.

2. Smartt

Smartt Guest

Is CONQUEST any good? Let´s hear from an expert...

3. dapigg

dapigg Member

Is not the original Zombie aka Zombie 2?

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I'll be getting zombie, and maybe Conquest. i'm not sure. I've found that besides that little time period between 1979 and 1982, that many of Fulci's efforts have been pretty mediocre. But i'm willing to give them a shot, so bring it on.

5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

If BU's Zombie disc doesn't include the English dub then my decision is made for me, Shriek Show it is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2004
  6. dapigg

dapigg Member

I believe that it is BUs Zombie that does not include the Enlish dub. :banana:

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Oops you're right dapigg.

8. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

Whichever includes the English dub is the version I'll buy. Zombie is the same as Zombi 2 as far as I'm concerned, I never call Dawn of the Dead "Zombie".

9. Dr. Rot

Dr. Rot Guest

Quote:
    Originally Posted by abattoir17
    That's actually Shreik Show's Zombie 2 DVD, not the original Zombie.

Is not the original Zombie aka Zombie 2?

Just to clear things up for you guys. Zombi 2 is Zombie, they are one and the same. Dawn of the Dead was released in Italy as Zombi so when Fulci made Zombie they released it as Zombi 2 to cash in on the success of Dawn. They tried to make people think it was a sequel to Dawn.

10. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Well for such a "fan" as yourself, wouldn't you be buying the Shriek Show version anyway?

I think it is silly if they don't at least just include the old 5.1 remix on the AB DVD. I know people had some problems with it but I thought it was a great track. The Italian would not be ideal in this case IMO, as the three main actors are all English-speaking. Dwatts, do you really want to sacrifice Ian McCulloch's distinctive voice so that you can hear the extras' dialogue as it was originally spoken?

Personally I don't care, as unless there is some sort of problem I see no reason not to buy Shriek Show's version.

11. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Well for such a "fan" as yourself, wouldn't you be buying the Shriek Show version anyway?

I think it is silly if they don't at least just include the old 5.1 remix on the AB DVD. I know people had some problems with it but I thought it was a great track. The Italian would not be ideal in this case IMO, as the three main actors are all English-speaking. Dwatts, do you really want to sacrifice Ian McCulloch's distinctive voice so that you can hear the extras' dialogue as it was originally spoken?

Personally I don't care, since, assuming there aren't any problems with it, I see no reason not to buy Shriek Show's version. There shouldn't be more than a $5 difference of prices if you know where to shop, so unless you're really strapped for cash I'm not sure why people are so sure that BU's disc will be better.

12. Smartt

Smartt Guest

I´ll be buying both, AND keeping the Anchor Bay version.

13. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I had no gripes with the AB disc's sound quality, it was quite swell and did the job, it was just the abysmal pic quality.

14. abattoir17

abattoir17 Guest

Well, there you go. Now I can say I learned something today and go back to bed.

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

But why? Having been told they are using the same transfer, why would you buy both? It has been argued that BU's may look better due to a higher bit rate, but if they include this 5.1 track as well as the 2.0 and monotracks, that's more than what SS will have with (presumably, since SS rarely offers multiple audio mixes on their discs beyond a commentary) a 5.1 and a mono commentary. So why do you want both versions? A lot of people have said this and I don't understand. Does it just come down to being a collector and needing it all?

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

From Blue Underground:

"There will be English & Italian: 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround, Dolby Surround 2.0, Original Mono with Optional English Subtitles."

So its the best of both worlds.

17. Smartt

Smartt Guest

That´s pretty much it. :glasses:

18. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

Well this is SO confusing!

So what is being said now is that the BU disc will be including both English and Italian language options with optional English subs.

Correct?

What about the Shriek Show version? This is actually the version I am most interested due to the "extras" it will have.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

19. Vinman6

Vinman6 Guest

Totally love early 80's FULCI! Cannot wait for Conquest!! I've been wanting to see it since hearing about it years ago... looks very "Sword and the Sorcerer" - ish....

20. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

What ever happened to the guy that posted here who worked for SS? Why doesn't he come on and give us a scoop or something.