Fulci Trifecta

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jun 21, 2004.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I think it may have something to do with one of Andrew BBD's old avatars. ;)

2. Smartt

Smartt Guest

BTW, what the fuck is a "trifecta"?

3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

A trifecta is when you win a bet by picking the first three winners of a race in their exact order.

4. Bigrob

Bigrob Guest

this is a first! two separate companies releasing different versions of a classic film (Zombi) ON THE SAME DAY!

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Haha I think that was after he left. I think his departure was due to one of his drunken ramblings in the Euro forum ;).

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

That's a shame, cuz we'd have already known instead of just speculating. Oh well, maybe he'll make a return some day.

7. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

The first Zombie is the International version of Romero's Dawn Of the Dead, which Anchor Bay will be releasing this version, along with The Theatrical Cut, and Director's Cut, along with a 4th Disc of documentaries, including Document of the Dead, and several new documentaries on September 7th. It will be called Dawn Of The Dead: The Unltimate Edition. I will be purchasing it when it comes out Sept 7th. Concerning Lucio Fulci's Zombie, AKA Zombi 2, AKA Zombie Flesh Eaters, I will be buying Media Blasters/Shriek Show 2 Disc DVD 25th Anniversary Edition on July 27th, which was to originally have been released last September, about 10 months ago. I am a fan of Fulci, and I have several of his movies on DVD, including the Limited Edition DVD of The Beyond, which was one of Fulci's best movies.

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

long quote but i will be getting the shriek show 2 disc dvd edition as well goona be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

9. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

Today Is The Day

Well today is JULY 27, 2004 so both of these discs (the SHRIEK SHOW and BLUE UNDERGROUND) should be out right?

Figures I am damn broke at the moment.

Well hope to hear what people think about the quality specifically a comparison of the two transfers i.e., SHRIEK SHOW vs BLUE UNDERGROUND.

I'm leaning towards the SHRIEK SHOW release becauase of the extras but if the BLUE UNDERGROUND release has a better image then I might get both.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

*** EDIT ***
    Like ummm DUH I'm stupid because today is July 26, 2004 and TOMORROW is July 27 so ummm duhhhhhhhh hehehe

10. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Now that's a bunch of stuff I didn't know.

11. joot29

joot29 Guest

I bought the BU "Zombie" release

I actually bought the Blue Underground "Zombie" release on 7/23 (here in Washington DC). Believe all the hype. The transfer is AWESOME. It's like a new movie. Just you guys (and gals I guess) wait till you see it. Of course, I'm going to have to buy the SS double disc today also. We'll just have to see if their transfer is as good.

12. fceurich39

is the shriek show version out 7-27-04 or has it been delayed again

13. tim

tim Guest

FWIW, Amazon.ca has the release date as August 3.

14. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Thanks for another great history lesson.

15. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

The SS 2 disc dvd DID NOT come out today, as promised. According to Best Buy.com, and DVD Empire.com, it will be out August 3rd, but on Amazon.com, it said that no release date has been set, so we will see if it comes out 8/3. I went ahead and bought the Blue Underground version today, and there was only one copy at Best Buy. I don't think I am going to buy the 2 disc for now. I bet it won't be out next Tuesday, either.

16. fceurich39

blue undergrounds version rocks very happy

17. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Why someone from SS's camp doesn't step up and self promote their stuff seems odd to me. No reviews, no hyping, no stills...just a bunch of specs and a pushed back date.

I'm beginning to doubt SS has much to offer.

18. joot29

joot29 Guest

yeah....I'm tired of this. I feel like a six year old kid.

I WANT MY 2 DISC VERSION NOW. I WANT THE 2 HOURS OF EXTRAS! I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT MAKING OF THIS MOVIE. AND IT BETTER BE GOOD. I WANT IT NOW!

There. Now I feel better....

19. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

My feelings exactly. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2004