fulcis seven notes in black

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by blood vamp, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

Mine arrived today from DVD Planet. Looking forward to watching this for the first time.

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I saw this tonight (damn it's nice to have a local video store that actually carries titles like this), and dug it a lot. I really wish Fulci made more movies like Seven Notes in Black. I find it infinitely more interesting than House By the Cemetery, City of the Living Dead, Zombie, or even The Beyond.

Don't Torture a Duckling is still my favorite, although I'd place this second. Yeah, even better than Lizard, which still doesn't quite "work" for me. I really enjoyed the "puzzle" aspect of it, where all the details are given in the opening vision, but seeing how they piece together takes another 90 minutes.

Cool flick...I don't know if it warrants a purchase, but it sure as hell was worth the $1.99 rental. Oh, and yeah, the sound on the DVD does suck. I don't expect DTS surround, but you gotta remove the hiss. You gotta.

3. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Did you watch the corrected version?Is there a different number on the box?

4. rhett

rhett Administrator

No, the boxes are identical. I think Paff was more talking about the hiss and not the quiet levels. The hiss is there on both.

5. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

I watched the corrected version, and even though i noticed the hiss, it didn't distract me or bother me too much.

Great music, i love the opening song, "With you...." hehe