Full Metal Yakuza

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Deaddevilman, May 29, 2004.

1. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Hmmm... where to start? Wimpy yakuza is gunned down and brought back to life by a mad/freak professor as a super robot looking for revenge, not for himself but for his Yakuza mentor. Yes... it's a rip off of Robo-Cop done Miike style. Not only does he have robo powers, but he's also got a working Dirk Diggler, which along with a couple of other scenes have been pixled out. Not a great movie but fun.

Not known outside of Japan, Tusyoshi Ujiki aka Robo-Yak, always plays the role of the ultimate wimp, so it was great casting him in this role where he has the opportunity to play a strong character.

2. Luna

Luna Guest

That sounds like something to see! With my luck, Netflix probably does not have it.

3. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Thanks for the info DDM, interesting.

It's a fun movie, plenty of blood sprays to keep the gorehounds happy. I was wondering about the scene where the SUV flips over the sand bank (around 80 minutes into the film), was that planned, or just a happy accident for Miike?

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Didn't really care for this one. The blood sprays will keep the gorehounds happy tho, ya. :)

5. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

yup, makes Kill Bill look like a PG film..

6. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    I thought the gore was pretty tame for Miike's standards. But it's an enjoyable film nonetheless. I especialy like the training scene where he does the "defense from the left/right side" stance. Too funny.

7. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

It gives Bullet Ballet a whole new meaning.

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Just to let ya all know, I was recently sent a screener copy of this for review, and it's on my short list. I've been extremely busy the last couple of months, with zero time for reviewing. But, that will change shortly, and I hope to jump back in with mostly Asian film reviews. Stay tuned.

9. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

One of my friends is a huge Miike fan (I am as well) and he recently bought this on DVD. He said the DVD layout was complete shit, but the film itself was very good. I'll be looking to check this movie out soon because of my love for Miike's work.

10. adric

adric New Member

i just bought this and thought it was great but pretty cheesy

11. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

Wasn't this a low budget Miike movie? He has his bigger budget pictures like Audition, but wasn't this one of his lower budget pictures?

12. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Low budget direct to video production.

13. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

The opening credits look like a Cinemax Saturday night made-for cable flick - still it's Miike and a ton of fun.

14. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

What, you didn't like the bouncing boobs poorlogic? :p

15. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

:rolleyes: :lol:

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Watched this last night, and I have to say that the "drama" and character arch they try to create really brings this down. All the Miike-isms are great though and the fight scenes are very good especially the last one. Ultimately my frustration with the main character's unwillingness to act (too late) unless pushed to his farthest limits is more irritating than cinematic.

17. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Thought it was pretty cool movie. Minor Miike though.