Gerald's Game on Netflix

Discussion in 'General' started by Suicide, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I saw this mentioned in the October thread but didn't see a individual thread for it. This latest Stephen King adaptation is up on Netflix now, anyone else watch it? Pretty good for the most part, I'm not normally one to really care too much about acting, but Carla and Bruce were great. Bruce Greenwood might be the most in shape 60-year old man in the world. There's also one absolute holy shit gore scene towards the end. I actually yelled "Jesus Christ!" when it happened, which was embarrassing because I wasn't the only one in the house at the time. The very end is a bit stupid (faithful to the book from what I've heard) but it's worth a look overall.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    baggio, Steel76 and chancetx like this.
  2. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Member

I'm looking forward to it. As far as King's books go, Gerald's Game is (to me) on the lesser end, but it does have some memorable moments, mostly dealing with a stray dog.

3. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

I'm probably the last person in the world without Netflix but I do want to see this at some point.

4. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Wow! The first two acts were actually pretty great. Unfortunately, the epilogue, faithful or not, is a big let down. It probably could've worked OK without the
    courtroom sequence
    , but it just kind of meanders, as is. The gore scene that Suicide referred is intense, but that scene is would be tense, with or without the gore.

Sadly, this is yet another Mike Flanagan film (along with Hush) that probably won't get a home video release any time soon, if ever.

5. Swampthing82

Swampthing82 Active Member

I just watched this. Very well done. I really enjoyed it.