Get lucky on FRIDAY THE 13TH!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Feb 7, 2009.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

As a kid? With mask? Without? In Manhattan? Undead? There are many iterations of Jason. With the remake coming out in a week, it's time to start thinking about our favorite series...and I'm going to give you some goods for doing so! All you need to do is tell me your favorite Jason movie
    [​IMG]

As a kid? With mask? Without? In Manhattan? Undead? There are many iterations of Jason. With the remake coming out in a week, it's time to start thinking about our favorite series...and I'm going to give you some goods for doing so! All you need to do is tell me your favorite Jason movie, and why. What will you win?

I have three copies each of the following DVDs:
    • FRIDAY THE 13TH: Uncut
    • FRIDAY THE 13TH, PART 2: Deluxe Edition
    • FRIDAY THE 13TH, PART 3 in 3D: Deluxe Edition

Three lucky winners will receive all three discs to get their FRIDAY THE 13TH collection off to a great start, or upgraded to an even better one. The winners will be randomly drawn, naturally, on Friday the 13th of February 2009, one stroke before midnight.

So don't delay, tell us, what's your favorite FRIDAY THE 13TH movie? Post your responses in this thread only!

Attached Files:

2. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    My favorite is part 1. No franchise rules to live up to, no fans to please, just a straight forward wilderness slasher.

3. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

My favorite is A New Beginning, for various reasons. First of all the setting and entire plot of the film gave a much needed reboot to the franchise. It was the first to establish Jason as a force that could find you wherever you were, not just at Crystal Lake. Secondly, it features my favorite kill of the series, the hedge clippers to the face.

4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

ive always liked part seven best...the awesome jason design with the spinal cord showing, and a fantastically over-the-top concept with the whole psychic girl thing. Kane Hodder was a great jason, but most people seem to forget the fact that of his four movies, two were absolute bottom of the barrel (8,9), and one took place in space! the only one he made that stands alongside the greats from the early 80's is part 7, and damn does he do a good job in it. Just the way he breathes is menacing. he looks absolutely ferocious. it may have been cut to shit by the mpaa, but its still one of the most enjoyable of the series.

5. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Friday the 13th Part 2. It was the first I ever saw, and in my opinion still has the best atmosphere, acting, and overall storyline.

6. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed Friday the 13th Part 2. It just felt darker and more grisly than the rest.

7. Caspar2112

Caspar2112 New Member

Friday the 14th - Cunningham at his best.

I have always enjoyed the beginning to any chapter anthology. Cunningham worked with less budget and relied on an initially interesting story. As the chapters progressed, so did the story splinter into something it originally was not. The first one not only had a great creepy premise and simple twist but a great performance from Palmer and some great kills. It somehow laid kudos on its predecessors with it's POV camera and jumpstart beginning. :eek1:

8. I think I'm tied on the first two, followed by Parts 3 and 7.

9. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

The Final Chapter.

Jason is a mad animal, Crispin Glover's dance, Teddy's computer, Feldman, the return of Tom Savini, Joe Zito directing... plus it was the first F13th film I watched as a kid and it's stuck with me ever since. It's still atmospheric and tense even after all these years. Every time Rob goes down into the basement I still get creeped out even though I know who's waiting for him.

10. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

I have to go with part 8...just kidding!!!My favorite has to be Part 2, I just loved the characters and the deaths. Plus it had Amy Steele in it!!

11. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

My favorite film of the series is Part 2, there is something really creepy about Jason in this one that he doesn't have in the rest. The hood, the insane cabin and his tribute to his mom all make for some disturbing imagery. One of the best slashers ever made.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  12. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Final Chapter by far.

Awesome opening scene in the morgue, Savini's effects are great and not castrated by the MPAA for once, awesome Jason who really seems pissed, and of course Glover and Feldman as already mentioned above.

Not just my favorite Friday, but one of my all time favorite slashers.

13. Conal Cochran

Conal Cochran New Member

Friday the 13th part III. This one was my first horror movie and it made me a horror fan for life.

14. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Part 2....love the first four, but Part 2 is best. I remember watching it on cable when I was around 10-11, eating breakfast! The Movie Channel used to show all kinds of movies all through the day.

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

2 is great for the overall creepy and foreboding atmosphere that is present throughout. It really nailed the "setting with horrible past that dumb ass young people decide to inhabit" plot device that we take for granted so much these days.

7 has quite possibly the most bad ass Jason and I loved the attention to detail (they fit in basically every bit of damage he had received in the past, right down to the damn bullet hole in his mask)

But like so many others, my vote has to go the Final Chapter. The level of production design and attention to the continuity between this film and the 3 is astounding. (the cabin and barn in the opening scene looks basically identical to Part 3 and Jason is laying in the same exact position. Helicopters. All kinds of cool shit.) Jason is just downright evil in this one. No bullshit, no gimmicky kills. Just him taking care of business. I think Ted White's negative feelings about playing the character and his attitude on set actually contributed to the character in a positive way. He was just doing it for the paycheck so he didn't waste time trying to give Jason emotions or what have you, just bloody revenge. Yeah there are a few blunders, like the Rob character (he really did a lot of research on Jason in the two days since his sister died), but overall, it's still the best.

16. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Part 5 has always been my favorite.It is just so damn cheesy.

17. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I will be in line with the majority here and say Friday the 13th Part 2 because to me it is the scariest of the bunch. I think 1-4 were great and really kind of completed the story and they will always be the real "series" to me- I also liked part 6 since it was just a fun Friday flick. But Part 2 sticks out to me as the one that had the most scares and creepy feel to it.

18. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

even though i love part 1, Jason Lives is still my favorite out of them all. I love the perfect blend of comedy and horror. i also really liked the little winks at other films...(ie. James Bond) has some great deaths, a handful of creepy scenes, awesome soundtrack, likable cast, and Jason is awesome.

19. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I was just trying to find a 4-sided coin to flip between these and part 5. I know my love for 5 comes from (unfortunatly not on) Debbie Voorhies' breasts, so that's out. 2 was the first one I saw in R form, so that holds a special place. 7 easily had the best looking Jason ever, but it always comes back to 4...

It was the first one I snuck into the theater to see. I snuck in repeatedly (3 times the first day alone) and loved it more each time. It was the flick that had me thinking of ways to kill people from the farming stuff on the walls of Ponderosa, or my grandparents garage. It had a decent share of nudity, best gore I had ever seen at the time, and Jason was just a bad, scary motherfucker. Basicly it turned me into the degenerate horror fiend I am today, and I want to thank it! Even if the title lied, it's still my favorite.

That being said, statistics don't lie, and since I started keeping track on here and dvdprofiler, Jason X gets the most replays due to the funness factor. I still vote for 4 as my favorite, X as the one that gets watched the most.

20. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

The Final Chapter.

Not as scary as 2, not as off-the-wall as 7 but...

All of the iconic things were firmly in place: the mask, the machete, the outright bloodshed. You get Tommy Jarvis (who would be the only character other than Jason and Ms. Pamela Voorhees to make substantial mutiple appearances). You get Savini's great effects, including the brilliant machete to the head bit. I remember my entire family turning away in horror when his face slid down it. And it was the last human Jason before Zombie Jason. When I think of the definitive Jason, I think of Final Chapter.

Brilliant flick.