Get lucky on FRIDAY THE 13TH!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Feb 7, 2009.

1. dayglo

dayglo Member

Definitely part 2, it just had the right combination of all things creepy and I watched it at the right age. Late night cable in the early 80's watching something you're not supposed to, set in the quiet woods, the whole campfire tale atmosphere, and the burlap sack. Still creepier than the hockey mask. :)

2. shownomercy

shownomercy Guest

Part 1. Because was the one who beggin the franchise.

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

My favorite Friday is Part 2 because burlap sacks are scarier than hockey masks.

4. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

Part 2 because I like the kills, I like the sack, and the jump through the glass.

5. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

The Final Chapter. Not only is Jason his most brutal in this one, but the teen characters are actually interesting and well played by the actors. Not to mention it has the best deaths and most nudity in the franchise.

6. infinite

infinite Guest

my favorite friday

The original is def. The most creative. Although the sequels all do endure Jason's amazing run as one of the screen's most iconic serial killers, Part 1 introduces the feel of the series, the creepy settings, the scary Mrs. Vorhees and the introduction of the boy who drowned in the lake and never died "Jason"
    It's an incredible intro to an amazing series

7. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Used to be part 6, but I'm going have to say part 2. The film has a very creepy vibe.

8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Friday the 13th Part 2 - this one had it all for me: quick pace, good actors and the final showdown between beauty and the beast had me on the edge of my seat. The location was awesome as well. The thick, green woodsy setting has never been as good since this 1981 film. Some great fluid camera work to during the chase scenes at the end were great too. This film also has my favorite score of all the films. The opening credits features a screeching, manic arrangement that has not been matched in any of the films. This is the one film that somehow is the perfect sister to the first film. The others just never had the same feel.

9. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

By a mile my favorite one is 8: Jason takes Manhattan-nah just kidding, my fav would be the first one but very close is Final Chapter, maybe Final Chapter is a hair superior because it has the iconic jason we all know instead of mommy doing all the killings.

10. geeare

geeare Guest

my fav is Part 2 but don't enter me in the contest. I will be getting these on Blu-ray.

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

The Final Chapter.

Great effects from Savini, Feldman taking on Vorhees, and Friday was still trying to be scary at this point, what's not to love? It didn't start the campy-ness and going for the over the top kills as it would retreat to after this entry (which should have been the FINAL chapter, but it wasn't...)

12. TheShape

TheShape Member

Gotta go with part 6. The opening, the return of Tommy Jarvis, Jason's most notorious and enduring rival. The beginning of zombie Jason: the slower but stronger and unkillable Jason. The version of him that non-fans of the series remember the most.

This is the one that I remember the most too as a young teenager in the late 80s. Reading the back cover at the video club and telling myself, man this living dead Jason thing is really badass. The legend of Friday the 13th was already growing in my mind. I was already a fan without seeing any of the films yet! And part 6 was a big part of that.

I'm more than overdue to rewatch the series from 1 to 8, so maybe I'll agree with all those "creepy vibe" comments about part 2 and change my mind but until then.... part 6 it is!

13. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

It varies, but usually VI, VII, or X. X, contrary to popular belief, is awesome.

Awesome.

14. Jason101

Jason101 New Member

My personal favorite was part 2 because it is the scariest of the whole series. Also, it is quick paced and has the best heroine and chase scene.

15. Chunkblower

Chunkblower Member

I'm going to break ranks and say part VI, due mainly to sharp writing and a refreshing sense of humour. Plus, it gave us one of the greatest Alice Cooper songs ever.

Part 2 is be a close second, while Final Chapter and New Beginning are my least favourites.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I choose Friday the 13th Part II. With part 7 being my second choice. Only wish part 7 didn't have the ending it did though. Should have ended it at the house exploding.

17. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

My favorite Friday is part 2 easily. The "sack" Jason is so much creepier than the rest, and there are some genuine scares and brutal gore to top it off.

18. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Have to go with Jason Lives! It was always the one I watched and rented the most as a kid. Me and my fiends just loved this one, I guess because it's so quick paced and has some decent humour. I actually watched this one last night with a group of friends, and once it again it didn't fail me, such a damn fun movie. Every ten minutes they introduce new characters, only to have them killed off minutes later. Cort is the man, and his scene in the woods with the rocks is classic! Oh, and it has some of the best kills, the triple decapitation, and the bending in half of the Sheriff to name a few.

As I'm getting older, part 4 is becoming close to passing this one, but I think I will always have a soft spot for this one and it will remain my favourite.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  19. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Part 2 for me. It's my sentimental favorite because it's the first one I saw. I haven't seen it in years- maybe it's time to revisit it once that new blu ray disc comes out.

20. Darkside

Darkside New Member

I will go with Part 5. I know I am outside of the full "Jason canon" but the plot twist was a good one for me. When I first saw it, the end was better than any lame M. Night ending as of late!