Ghost Busters, The (1975)

Discussion in 'Classic' started by X-human, Feb 15, 2009.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Ghosts, graveyards, haunted castles and a guy in a gorilla suit. What more could anyone ask? This is a strange little z-grade TV show that's corny as hell yet strangely endearing. You can't help but laugh after awhile. They built only three sets: Office, Graveyard and Castle. Boy did they get their money's worth, recycling the same old shticks with a revolving door full of monsters. We got Frankenstein, The Monster, The Wolf Man, The Mummy, Dracula, Countess Dracula, and even the Abominable Snowman.

After my run through all the spooky themed Abbott and Costello this was a good follow up. Not gold by any standards, but just the kind of trash you'd throw on a Saturday morning to watch while eating your breakfast cereal.

Someone put together a decent enough overview on YouTube anyone can check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUKx1ymgIMk

2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

In remember this one ,a bit of an F-TROOP reunion,with Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch.

3. Criswell

Criswell New Member

Wonder if the makers got some pay off when the murray/Ackroyd film was made?

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yes, when they put out their own cartoon called The Original Ghost Busters there was a lawsuit and the creators won. I vaguely remember the cartoon and watched an episode they included on the live action set. Man that cartoon was awful. Reminds me why the 80's should be blighted from human history, no matter what the collateral damage might be.

I did a little reading on the show and Bob Burns commented on the DVD:
    I'm still wondering why only 15 episodes were ever made. According to the producer they had a hit with it. Were TV shows developed that way in the 70's? Just a one shot of a season? Or perhaps the producer was exaggerating their success. The world may never know. Course they already ran through all the good monsters, but that never stopped Scooby-Doo.