Ghostbusters (2016)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Mar 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Mok likes this.
  2. Workshed

more here

3. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Man, I felt absolutely nothing from watching that.

Dobby and othervoice1 like this.
  4. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Looks terrible

Dobby likes this.
  5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

agreed the only thing I liked was the look of slimer it's very sad we couldn't of got Ghostbusters 3 years ago and this is the best they could come up with today

othervoice1 and Dobby like this.
  6. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

It just didn't feel like Ghostbusters to me. Some cool visuals but that's about it.

7. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!!!! Hell yeah!!

8. Workshed

Slimer looked pretty rad.

9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I have never watched a trailer that made me want to avoid a film as much as this one did. I was actually embarrased watching The Exorcist bit.

Dobby likes this.
  10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Looks like an extended Saturday Night Live skit. I agree with most comments so far, just looks "meh" with a few cool visual effects. Easy pass, I'll try it from the library when they get it.

Dobby likes this.
  11. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Well... the ghost stuff looks good. Did anyone else think so? The 3 or 4 shots dedicated to the ghosts almost gave me a chill. And the colors look amazing.

But... the cast / characters look like they're going to hurt this. Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy are both great ideas. This third woman on the other hand, Kate McKinnon - and she's enough of a star. On Saturday Night Live. But I had to actually look her up to be able to recognize her. And she's younger than I am, but she looks exactly like Kristen Wiig. Only the hair color is different. I couldn't tell them apart in several shots.

This idea needs to go a step further: the Ghostbusters need one more woman of color. It's bad enough seeing Chris Hemsworth 2nd billed over Melissa McCarthy. That was bad enough. But Leslie Jones as Patty, the black woman, is treated like dirt in the cast list. She is 14th billed, behind 7 different men. What the hell is that? Ghostbusters is the Ghostbusters. If Sony can't cast 4 women they feel can carry the film on their names- screw them. Why bother updating this with women at all if they can't get the respect they deserve?? (Not to mention how offensively stereotyped she is. "I livez in New Yawk and Ize believez in the DEVALLL!" Do people really still write characters like this? I thought we left this kind of shit behind with Michael Bay action movies.)

Another really troubling/scary thing is that almost all of the previous stars from the other 2 films are in this cast. What does that feel like, just a week after Netflix's debut of Fuller House? I'll answer that for you: it feels like the same fucking thing. They're here to hand-hold the new cast and insure the "old fans" of the first 2 movies go and see it.

The only thing I like, looking at the cast list, is that they hired some other 80's/90's actors I recognize from other hit movies (which is probably a much better idea than porting over the entire living main cast) like Elizabeth Perkins and Andy Garcia. Although, after that, it's pretty much a New Faces talent pool / get me more work / fill out my resume kinda thing.

12. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I wanted to like the trailer more than I will admit the shot of the fire station with the piano theme got me a little misty thinking about Egon. :oops:

Dobby likes this.
  13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The effects look good. Also nice to see a shot of the old fire station in the trailer. I visited there a couple years ago while in New York, even got to go inside (super tiny on the inside, the interiors were filmed in an old fire station in downtown LA).

I'll probably wait for HBO. Maybe when it hits the bargain theaters, or a $5 matinee. Reading the comments on Facebook and Twitter, the trailer is getting torn apart though. The response is overwhelmingly negative. I'm sure they'll all go see it anyway and it will be a huge box-office hit. There's a reason the studios keep resurrecting these old fan franchises and aren't making new original stuff. No matter how good or bad the movie is, a new Ghostbusters is going to be a huge money maker at the box office no matter what.

Dobby likes this.
  14. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Feig was approached to direct Ghostbusters 3. But he declined and elected to shoot his own film.

15. Buechlers_beard

Watching the trailer I felt a bit disappointed. Upon re-watching it a couple of hours later, I enjoyed it more.

Slimer DID look good. The case seems game. The black lady doesn't seem funny at all. But hey, maybe she'll grow on me.

Dobby and MisterTwister like this.
  16. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Slimer looks great, as do the other ghosts but it feels more like a Ghostbusters spoof than a legit film.

Also the black transsexual character looks incredibly unfunny.

17. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I don't know.
    I wish they had mixed a few new crew members with the old, instead of replacing them all.
    I wonder how much/little screentime, Bill Murray and the rest is going to get.
    They should at least have put one of them as their boss.

I don't watch Saturday Night Live anymore, so I don't really know much about these new actors, but the first impressions from this one, doesn't look all that great.
    Though I have to admit that the trailer grew a little bit on me, when I re-watched it, as the ghosts look pretty damn good.
    And, yes, it's great to see Slimer again.

As someone who got burned by part 2 in the theaters, back in 89, and who still hates it. I wonder how this one will compare to that one ;)

Edit:
    Crap! I just read that the original cast will be playing new characters :(
    I was hoping that there would at least have been some "pass on the torch" moments, by the original crew.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Dobby likes this.
  18. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Looks crap, makes me hate Murray more and more for not pulling his fingers out his arse and getting on board with the sequel when there was a chance, instead we have to suffer this shit.

Dobby likes this.
  19. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Well as a proud soccer mom and feminist I am looking forward to this GIRL POWER!!!!!

Just kidding!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    chancetx, othervoice1 and hots4 like this.
  20. Buechlers_beard

Murray fell out with Ramis years back, and until Ramis was near death they never spoke. I'm sure thats the reason Murray dodged GB3 for so many years.