Ghostkeeper (1982)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Mutilated Prey, May 12, 2012.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

This needs its own thread. I'm tired of searching through the tons of pages for "Any CodeRed Release Updates" looking for information of specific movies.

Just watched the CodeRed release of Ghostkeeper last night as it indeed is quite a nice upgrade from the VHS. However, it's probably a good thing someone got to this negative when they did as it was starting to degrade quickly - there's quite a lot of that green splotchy stuff in a lot of random places throughout the film. Nonetheless, one can't complain as I personally thought this film would never get any sort of DVD treatment.

I watched this movie (including VHS views) three times and it's one of those films that grows on you more and more. The creepy tone and atmosphere sucks you in, and I love anything horror that has to do with snow. I must say, the only thing that disappointed me slightly was being able to see the "windigo" a little more clearly. At first I was really anticipating being able to get a better look, but now that I see "it" I think my imagination of what I could make out from the VHS release was cooler. The dark and blurriness originally left me with the impression of something more beast-like.

To me it just looks look a dood with a beard, scraggly hair and his eyes shut.

However, the movie is still great and I'd grab it now as I'm sure it'll disappear soon and cost something outrageous to obtain. Thanks CodeRed!!!

[​IMG]

2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Just ordered mine. Can't wait.

3. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

I can remember owning this on VHS in the the late 80s. I can remember not really liking probably because the tape was pretty unwatchable and very very dark. Havent seen it since. Maybe time for me to catch it again now its on DVD. I used to love the big box it came in even though it seemed to have nothing to do with the movie.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I ordered the DVD a few weeks ago, and it's a keeper. I always liked the slow atmosphere of the film, and the interviews and commentary are well worth listening in on.

I do know that the initial print run was only 500, and who knows if it'll get a repress when that runs out. Only Bill can tell us how many have been sold thus far...

5. ian

ian Member

If he only made 500, it could very well sell out fairly quickly.

Just interviewed Jim Makichuck for R!S!P! here.

I love this movie. It's not perfect but flaws or no flaws I really dig it.

6. arlington

arlington New Member

trying to buy from the link on their blog to buy direct, but it won't work for me or link to anything...anyone bought direct from them before? seller on amazon has it for more, so might just do that.

7. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I blind bought this one and was pleasantly suprised. It is my guess that the green spots were appearing during the reel changes.

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Yeah, they popped up primarily around the reel changes, where the film has been most exposed to the elements. About every 20 minutes or so. Aside from those areas, I thought it was a fantastic transfer.

9. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

How can I order this? Do I send Bill from Code Red an e-mail? Also, how much is it?

10. startide

startide Member

The email add. is on the CR blog (don't recall it offhand). Email first and ask. His PP add. is his CR Yahoo email.

If he had proper Paypal cart facilities, I'm guessing this DVD would have sold out already.

11. startide

startide Member

Double post. I thought there was a delete function on this editor? Stuffed if I can find it!

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Thanks!

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Saw this last night and thought it was great. It's just the type of slow burn atmospheric flick I was looking for.

14. Franco

Franco Weekender

Hey, Ghostkeeper isn't on GetGlue to check-in! :mad: