Giallo 2 Box Set coming from Blue Underground!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by razorbackattack, May 30, 2003.

1. from alt.horror and ********** (Edited by Admin)

GIALLO COLLECTION VOL. 2. This boxed set will include discs of a group
    of rare Italian thrillers, some never before released in America:
    Antonio Margheriti’s SEVEN DEATHS IN THE CAT’S EYE, Andrea (BURIAL
    GROUND) Bianchi’s STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER, Luciano Ercoli’s
    FORBIDDEN PHOTOS OF A LADY UNDER SUSPICION, Flavio Mogherini’s GIRL
    WITH THE YELLOW PAJAMAS, Luigi Bazzone’s THE FIFTH CORD and Giulio
    Questi’s DEATH LAID AN EGG.

2. Justin Kerswell

Justin Kerswell New Member

Fantastic news! STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER is great (superb trash classic with Edwige Fenech), as is FORBIDDEN PHOTOS OF A LADY UNDER SUSPICION (fab soundtrack). SEVEN DEATHS IN THE CAT'S EYES is bizarre (but anything with Serge Gainsbourg, Jane Birkin *and* a gorilla is at least worth a look!). THE FIFTH CORD is ultra stylish, if a little dull.

I haven't seen the other two yet. Still, this'll be a great release, but quite a big box set, too. I wonder if they'll release them all together or in two sets?

I'm kinda hoping we'll see some of Sergio Martino's seminal gialli like NEXT! and THE CASE OF THE SCORPION'S TALE at some date in the near future.

BTW, I hear Lenzi's KNIFE OF ICE is out on DVD in Japan (at the usually silly price I shouldn't wonder).

Closer to home, DEATH WALKS AT MIDNIGHT is supposedly just on the verge of getting a region 2 release, here in the UK.

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Cool, I'm awaiting the first one in the mail.

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Oops I see you don't know about posting that dreaded websites name on here. It will be censored shortly.

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

You must beg Dave for forgiveness, and maybe, just maybe he'll consider it.:lol:

6. Nope, something bad? Oops! I have no clue what's going on.

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I have yet to buy the first box - but regret it daily. I need to redo my finances and figure out when I can get it. This is another one I won't be happy until I have.

8. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Indeed it has......

Looks like a great box.....

9. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

can someone explain to me (without listing the website obviously) why its soo forbidden? this is the 3rd time ive heard of this "Mysterious" website and im very curious now ;)

10. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

something about one of the people who runs it, not necessarily the site itself, if my memory serves me correctly.

11. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!

Strip Nude for Your Killer is very awesome and I'm dying to see Death Laid an Egg (thanks to Cujo ;) )

12. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Sounds good to me, you can never have too many Giallos!:evil:

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Fuckin' A! I'm excited as shit! STRIP NUDE and DEATH LAID AN EGG are two I've really been hoping for on DVD. Six movies! Hot damn, I'm excited.

14. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Death Laid An Egg - Can't wait!!

Awesome film! And to think, I was just about to order the Japanese Disc.

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I saw this early this morning and posted it at the Gorezone board, but knowing the rules here, I didn't post here. Anyways, as Jeff and a few other members of the board know, I fucking adore DEATH LAID AN EGG, so of course this news made my fucking day!

Believe me, Jeff, it will blow you away!

16. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I loved the first collection, and am eagerly awaiting the release of #2. Never heard of any of them, but oh well.

(And for what it's worth, IMO, the continued censoring of that website's name for something that happened years ago, is exceedingly juvenile. Not only does it make horrordvds.com look bad, but it also brings attention to the very site that's being edited out. By censoring the name, you're making everyone actively search it out, and in so doing, just succeeding in giving that site free advertising. You'd be far better off letting people say the name and be done with it. Give us all a break!)

17. betterdan

betterdan Guest

:nervous:

18. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

19. dvdasia62

dvdasia62 Guest

Your absolutely right. Hell, the entire online world knows where the exclusive story came from, it's no big secret. Childish! Talk about penis envy!

20. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what's so "Whoa!!!" about my post. There has to be a lot of other people here who are thinking the same thing I am other than dvdasia. If you're insinuating that I might be banned for "rocking the boat" (so to speak), well then, I'm not so sure that I want to be a member of any site where I have to watch what I say so closely. It's not like I'm being obscene or anything. It's just a small critique, after all. But the fact of the matter is that this type of censorship never works! It doesn't work when the religious right speaks out against Marilyn Manson or when gays speak out against Eminem. The PMRC against Twisted Sister, Lieberman against Hollywood violence, Bush Sr against Ice T, Quayle against Murphy Brown, the war on drugs.... The list goes on and on! It just makes people wonder what the big deal is and actively search these things out.