Giallo Collection

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Grim, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I've seen this at stores for awhile, but I've always been hesitant to buy it. Is it a good purchase?

2. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

You are kidding, right?

BUY IT NOW:banana:

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yes sir.

4. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

If you like Giallos then get it. All very enjoyable movies. get it RIGHT now!:D

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

It's fucking awesome. There were a lot of threads on the films in it way back in the day (when it got released)...just do a search.

6. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

The Giallo Collection is worthwhile just for The Case Of The Bloody Iris. However, the other three gialli are solid examples of the genre which are very entertaining. I eagerly await a second Giallo Collection. So, buy the set.

7. Vasilis

Vasilis New Member

Hmmm i couldn't resist so i oredered the giallo collection. [​IMG]

8. Hernster

Hernster Guest

Is this just your thought's? Or is there another set coming out?

9. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I love the set, I bought it on 4th of July weekend last year and watched all 4 back to back. Awesome flicks...now go get it!!

10. R. I. P.

R. I. P. New Member

Absolutely!!!:banana:

This is a MUST buy for giallo fans or anyone loving great mysteries with lots of twists and turns. If you're looking for awesome atmosphere, moving soundtracks, gorgeous women :evil: , this is just your ticket! Buying info here!

Enjoy!

R. I. P. :glasses:

11. Andrew

Andrew Guest

*clap clap* :banana:
    A second set has not been announced, but we've all got our fingers crossed.

12. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I nearly hit upon this box set shortly after it was released but decided against it because of some negative feedback it was getting at the time by not being as great as everyone thought it could have been (that being 1 movie was excellent while the others were sub-par). I may have to look in on this set again before AB puts it on an OOP list. ;)

13. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

A second set would be great. Hopefully one or two Sergio Martino films get included. I'd love to see "The Strange Case of Signora Ward".

On a side note, how does "Seven Bloodstained Orchids" compare to the films in the Giallo Collection?

14. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

No second collection has been announced.

15. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Well, I know I won't be picking this up. I've seen a couple of the films included and when I saw this set I was curious and all because I don't think they are the best examples in the genre. I think I've outgrown the giallo anyway, I haven't been able to sit through one in a while. I'd rather watch De Palma or something.

16. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

I have read these sorts of complaints as well. If you like gialli, this set will please you. All four films are worth watching. Some people are never satisfied. Keep in mind that most gialli have never been seen in the United States, so any releases of these films are of interest to fans of the genre.

17. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

This begs the question of why only the best examples of a genre should be released. It also implies the false premise that not being the best equates to being bad. All four films in this collection are good gialli.

18. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Well EPKJ, these sets aren't exactly cheap and I'm not going to fork over that much for something I won't watch.

19. MaxRenn

MaxRenn Member

I'm with mcchrist - this boxset is overrated. The films are all pretty good but not excellent. Perfect example is "Who saw Die?" which some rated as one of the best gialli ever but is simply average. I'm not a giallo expert but all of the Argento, Bava and Fulci gialli I've seen are way better than anything in the GC.

I am interested in seeing other gialli so how do people rate films like "Seven Bloostained Orchids", "Torso", "Autopsy", "Laughing Windows" and "Solange" rate compared to the GC?

20. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

If you like Giallos than this boxset is not overrated. If you like Gallos you will like this boxset. You can't compare the best Giallos made by Agento, Fulci etc.. to the ones in the boxset becuase they're not as good but they're still very enjoyable.