Giallo Collection

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Grim, Mar 23, 2003.

1. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

The Giallo Collection can be purchased online at Deep Discount DVD for $35.99, which is about $9.00 per movie. That is dirt cheap. Here is the URL:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ABD012156

Next time do your homework. This set is cheap. Also, if the money matters to you, then you are not really a giallo fan. There is nothing wrong with that. However, I believe that this discussion has been based on the presumption that we were all giallo fans and not casual viewers. It makes a difference.

2. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Well dude, for someone who is unemplyed, that set is expensive dude! Seriously! And I've seen quite a few giallos over the years man, I've outgrown them. And that set doesn't sound the least bit tempting right now. If I had money to burn, I'd go for it, but $35.99 is alot of money these days and there's a shit load of other things that cost a hell of alot more than that that I drool over every time I'm in town.

3. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

In my opinion, "House With the Laughing Windows" and "Solange" are much better films than the ones in the Giallo Collection. "Torso" is along the same level but not quite as good as Windows and Solange. "Autopsy" is okay and I haven't watched "Seven Bloodstained Orchids" yet.

If I were to own only one of the films that you've mentioned, it would be Windows.

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

WINDOWS is very good, but again, do you really think it's a giallo?

SOLANGE is only okay in my book. Definitely not better than the flicks in the GC, but I bet I'm the only one who says that. TORSO is pretty cool and about on par if not a tad bit better. 7BO is very good as well. Hell they're all good! Buy the lot of 'em.

5. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

You're right about Windows not really fitting the giallo style but of the films that were mentioned, I liked it the best.

6. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

How does someone who is unemployed afford to buy any DVD's? The set is inexpensive regardless of your financial situation. You simply don't value the collection. You should have just said that to begin with instead of complaining about the price.

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

uh oh I see epkj is now starting his shit on mcchrist:lol:

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

All fear the wrath of EPKJ!

9. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

Is he your boyfriend also? My you are a busy fellow.

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

A quick review of the forums rules:

2. Don't be a dick. Look, most people know what sort of behavior is "being a dick." If you don't, go away please. ;)

11. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

haha, i always enjoy EPKJ's posts :evil:

i consider myself a pretty big giallo fan, and i think the set is worth every penny. the movies might not all be terrific, but theyre still worth owning and seeing for any giallo fan. hell, Case of the Bloody Iris is worth the price of this set alone in my opinion.

12. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I think that The Giallo Collection is great except for the lack of the Italian tracks... that really burns me up. IMO, AB screwed up on that point but at least the films were released.

13. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Even though EPKJ is one of the more judgemental posters on this forum, all is cool.

14. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

That is true. And another thing that really bugs me with AB is the lack of english subtitles. Suppose I want to see Cat O'Nine Tails in Italian! Why do you include the soundtrack in the first place??? But of course, that's not the case with the giallo collection.

The italian soundtracks (along with subtitles) should be included but, that does not mean that the GIALLO COLLECTION is not recomended! However I understand mcchrist. 35$ is a bit too much to spend when things are tough...

15. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

I really doubt that many consumers care about Italian tracks on these DVD's. I certainly don't. If someone really wants Italian versions, he should buy Italian DVD's.

16. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

:sleepy: :sleepy:

17. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Well, I'm going to pick up this set at some point. The price isn't that bad. That Deep Discount site might have good prices - but do they ever have anything in stock?!?!?! Seriously, everything seems to be "backordered" with shipping in a week to two weeks off.

Anyway - once I get tired of watching Inferno, I'll pick up this set.

18. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

:lol: :lol:

19. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

I have run into this at Direct Video as well. Backorders are common it seems.

20. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

I don't mind back orders - BUT TELL ME BEFORE I FREAKING GO THROUGH THE BUYING PROCESS. Sheesh, is that so hard? it's the worst kind of ecommerce.....