Girls Nite Out coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by IGotsNewShoes, May 25, 2005.

1. I like both covers a lot, I think the first one has more cheese value to it so I'll probably display that one.

2. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Yeah, the first one is just too awful not to show. The second one looks like some slutty early 80s chick band album cover...LOVE IT.

BTW: Amazon's pre-order price went up to $17.49 Damnit.

3. I think you're looking at the JEF version of the film that is coming out a week earlier than the Media Blasters/Guilty Pleasures one.

You can still preorder the MB one for 10 bucks here

And the fact tha amazon has Rosario Dawson listed in the cast is pretty scary considering she was 2 when this was made.

4. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

But given Shriek Shows foul ups, wouldn't Jef Films release be the better one?

5. I'm thinking no.

6. Myron Breck

Thanks, IGots! You rule!

7. lethalkrs

lethalkrs Guest

Picked this up today at Horrorfind for $10 from the Media Blasters booth, sad to inform you, no two sided cover on this one. Will be watching it tomorrow.

Also got early releases of Street Trash and Long Weekend from the Synapse booth.

8. onebyone

onebyone Guest

So they just went with one picture or that you have to pick which one you want? If they went with just one, which was it? I really like the first one WesReviews posted, but will be happy either way.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2005
  9. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

You lucky sap! The wait for that Long Weekend disc is killing me. It remains to be seen if you're so lucky with the Girls Nite Out disc though. I hope you are, and that SS didn't screw up again, but I have my doubts. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the disc.

10. lethalkrs

lethalkrs Guest

It is the one Wes posted.

11. Subversive

Subversive Guest

I believe it has an interview with the chick from REVENGE OF THE NERDS. Need to douible check but was told it has interviews.

12. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I found this out on the shelf at one of my local Best Buys last night...more than a week before street date! I didn't pick it up as I have ordered from DDD.

13. Myron Breck

Ummmm.....the first one Wes posted, or the second one?! :D

14. I'm thinking the second one. The first one seemed to be filler artwork.

15. Bad_Ronald_1983

Bad_Ronald_1983 New Member

Picked up the DVD tonight. Haven't watched it yet, but I did skip around the disc.

As far as picture quality goes, very good! One of the best by SS that I have seen. Much better than Just Before Dawn. Also it was the second cover art that Wes posted, which is good, because it resembles the old Thorn/EMI video release on VHS.

Looks like SS did a good job on this disc.

Extras include:

Interview with Julia Montgomery
    Alternate Title Sequence
    Original Theatrical Trailer

16. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Anyone who has seen the old EMI release...does the Shriek Show DVD have any added gore? Not sure if any was cut way back when, but given the time period this film was made and released in, you never can tell.

17. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

This is a Great little Horror Movie, I love 80'S Slashers, and I'm so glad that this one came out on DVD!! I picked this one up the other day, I had been searching for this one on VHS for years now, but it has been so hard to find, so I was excited to hear that Shriek Show was putting this out on DVD!! Great cast too, with the always Great Hal Holbrook!!

18. Myron Breck

Glad to hear that the video quality is so good!!! DVD Compare doesn't have that title in their database, so does anyone know of other sites that offer info on whether or not releases are cut?

19. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

I can say the Shriek Show dvd runs for nearly 97 minutes. And that appears to be the original runtime, at least according to IMDB, they list it as 96 minutes. I didn't notice anything that looked edited or cut, but as I have never seen this movie before I can't really say for sure. I picked this up today and was very happy with the movie and the DVD, everything seemed to work correctly!

20. Joni Backman

Joni Backman New Member

Is the other artwork like this hysterical Greek VHS cover?

Attached Files: