Girls Nite Out coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by IGotsNewShoes, May 25, 2005.

1. That greek cover is the worst i have seen. and what's that cat doing there behind the wall.

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Bitch! Bitch! You whore!

Because I had not seen this movie in ages, I totally forgot how completely and utterly cornball it is for long stretches at a time. There's this whole Animal House period where it seems to forget it is even supposed to be a horror movie. It is one stupid thing after another. Watching it tonight was like watching the stupidity with fresh new eyes. It was awesome. God how I love 80s slashers.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2005
  3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Found it out early at Best Buy. Looks like a decent disc, so far I haven't seen anything that SS screwed up! :eek1:

And the coverart definitely isn't reversible. The cover is the same as the one that WesReviews posted.

4. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

the killer dons a bear suit and kills girls with freddy kruger like claws. so thats whats behind the wall

5. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

It is identical in content to the old Thorn EMI tape, nothing is missing...and the picture quality looks great. I had never before seen the trailer, which was pretty entertaining. Media Blasters did a good job with this release.

6. Great flick, I got the old Thorn EMI vhs a while ago. Shriek Show did a good job on a dvd? :eek1:

7. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I was shocked as well...one of the really strange things was the fact that all the oldies on the soundtrack made it into the DVD incarnation. It is strange that a company known for screw-ups can secure the rights to songs like "Summer in the City" and others, yet Warner and Sony can't deliver original scores to their releases.

8. Agentsusp

Agentsusp Member

I loved the shot just for the trailer footage.

9. Katatonia

Yeah, amazing isn't it? I'm shocked that nothing is flawed with the DVD! :lol:

10. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Just got through this one and it's pretty damn entertaining. I just got a little confused
    Did the two funny guys get killed or just disappear for the last 35 minutes of the movie?
    Anyways, it doesn't really have much to offer except a little cheese and a good time, but it delivers that quite well and a nice release from Shriek Show to boot. Hopefully we'll see more of these Guilty Pleasures Slasher Collection done in such a great manner.

11. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I just picked this up and watched it for the first time. Well worth it for only $9.99. The plot (there was one, right?) kinda jumped all over the place and I did find it odd that certain characters were introduced and then totally disappeared almost as quickly. The ending threw me for a bit of a loop too, but I didnt really try to put much thought into it. It was an enjoyable slasher and Hal Holbrook owns.

BTW, anyone know what other titles are under the Guilty Pleasures Slasher Collection banner?

12. Katatonia

The Premonition (1975) starring Richard Lynch and Sharon Farrell is one. They did a nice job on that DVD too... maybe the Guilty Pleasures sub-label has some proof people that aren't complete morons.

13. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

So is Girls Nite Out a recommendation worthy movie? Or is it cut and what not?

14. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

There's not much to cut to begin with. A few slashed throats and that's it. I'd say it's worthy, fun little slasher with a cool soundtrack.

15. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Ok sounds good Hellbilly. Thanks for the affirming nod.

16. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

And a creepy final image...

17. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

And a serial killer in a freakin' bear suit... :banana:

18. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I just watched this. Definitely worth checking out. I blind bought it and am I ever glad I did. A bear-costumed serial killer. Wicked!!! :evil:
    Love his claws!!

19. nukfut

nukfut Guest

I always heard this sucked big donkey balls. I normally love 80's slasher flicks... So I should actually check it out???

20. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Rent if ya can.....I could hardly understand what was said in the film with it's mouth all full of donkey balls and all....