Girls Nite Out coming to DVD

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by IGotsNewShoes, May 25, 2005.

1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

If you love BAD 80s slasher flicks, then you should check it out. If not, it isn't for you.

I of course loved it. :banana:

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I loved it. It's cheap enough to just go ahead buy it. If you enjoy 80's Slasher flicks, you'll probably enjoy it. You can always sell it!

3. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Depends what you're looking for in a slasher. If you want a slasher with lots of gore and T&A, then skip this one. If you enjoy a laugh while watching your slashers, then you might like this one. Plus, I have to say the some of the kill scenes are pretty cool considering each one is pretty much the same way of dying.

4. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

my shriek show copy has pauses and freezes in it, anyone else have trouble with the dvd?

5. I didn't have a problem with my disc booper, maybe it's just your copy. Try to exchange it.

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I had similar problems with my Just Before Dawn disk in my PS2 but it played fine in my living room DVD player.

7. Vortex

Vortex Member

One of the worst slashers of the 80s. I hated it back then and hate it now.

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Anyone would looking for this should check FYE. I spotted it in their bargain section for $1.97.

9. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

For $1.97- I'd buy it.

10. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

scaremaker was filmed in 82 at some college in Nj I think its been torn down

11. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Girls Nite Out is great reversal of gender roles slasher film, in more ways than one.
    Teddy and Maniac are such a cute couple.

This is a very underrated slasher classic because people wanted more blood and they can't get past the bear killer. I think they are both positive quirks to the movie and I'd love a Blu-Ray of it. My SS disc is almost to the point of breaking. It gets better and better. One of the best of the slashers that don't circulate popularity rotation (like 1st tier - F13, Elm Street, Halloween; or 2nd tier - My Bloody Valentine, The Burning, Hell Night, The Initiation).

12. ronnie21

upsalsa college i belive it was called..

13. Stige

Stige Active Member

love the movie, and the dvd was fine with me, but one thing that always bothered me.....

does anyone notice the beginning has the heads of people sort of cut off? I had the (I assumed) pan and scan VHS before, now I'm wondering if the dvd was a matted pan and scan version. IF this was ever made in widescreen, which I don't know of course. It just seems to me that there was a very tight image where there could have been info on the sides and that there was very little room on top and bottom

14. Azrael55

Azrael55 New Member

Yes Upsala College in East Orange New Jersey indeed. My father taught there as an adjunct professor in the 1980s and I used to go there to visit as a kid. When I got a little older and saw Girls Nite Out I kept thinking the setting looked familiar and thanks to IMDB found out I was right. It's been torn down now, kinda weird to have graduated from a college that no longer exists I suppose.

15. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Love this film, obviously if you see my avatar. It's just pure fun. Not a classic by any means but it's the definition of a guilty pleasure. Probably unlikely but I'd love to see a special edition blu-ray. Won't be holding my breath, though.

16. ronnie21

I liked the whole angle of the DJ spinning records and smoking, playing those old songs just worked right...

17. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I caught up to this one late and though I certainly wouldn't call it a great slasher I DID find it rather fun.Not gory but with some atmospheric moments,okay cast,boosted by supporting bits by Hal Holbrook and Rutanya Alda.The radio station oldies (old even when the film was NEW) give it an odd distinction too.Called THE SCAREMAKER in the U.K.The ending,though a bit "out there" was actually kinda creepy.

18. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Had no idea that was your avatar. It's so small I thought it was some dood on his back with something chowing his neck, and the bear's eye I thought was a yellow paint can. :lol: