Give Pieces A (Second) Chance?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Mark Relford, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Haven't seen Pieces in ages and I wasn't terribly impressed with it on my first viewing. The Diamond DVD is calling out to me. I'm in the mood for some trash.:D So, should I?
    Thumbs up or thumbs down?

2. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I thought it was cool.
    Definately worth the 5.99
    You gotta love a killer that can sneak up on a victim w/ a running chainsaw behind his back.

3. THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

This film rocks! It has everything that a cheesy slasher film should have: bimbos, nudity, urination, bad acting, bad dubbing, mutilation, waterbeds, puzzles, Bluto from Popeye, chainsaws, flashbacks, shock endings, groin pulling, skinny dipping... and it just goes on!

Buy it. Watch it. Love it! A+

:banana:

4. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Grindhouse is supposedly releasing a Pieces SE, but God knows when that'll happen. I haven't seen this film in years, but it was pretty good from what I remember. I'd like to give it another spin if it gets decent dvd treatment.

5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

It also has a bad chop suey eating karate master! :lol:

6. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

love this film ,there is a german dvd floating around.

i have the original version of this film it is the spanish

version under "mil gritos tiene la noche " , lbx, different
    and much better score ,but in spanish only.:D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2003
  7. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

8. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

[​IMG]
    Pieces rocks! Fun trashy splatter flick.

9. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I really liked Pieces. Its one of those movies thats so cheesy and gory that any horror fan cant help but like it.

10. -----------

Pretty crappy flick, this. I've seen it twice, and the only thing that stands out in my memory is the full-frontal nudity of that awesome-looking brunette in the locker room scene. Too, this has been released on DVD by Diamond Home Entertainment; their transfers are shoddy and look worse than the grainy VHS versions. Yeah, their merch is cheap -- and you get what you pay for: crap!!!!

11. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

well diamond took the old vestron pre record and made the transfer

i'm sorry i love this film and i agree with killer cannibis "it's so cheesy you have to love it"

12. CrumpsBro

CrumpsBro Guest

You bastard! Bastard! Bastard!
    (pause)
    BASTARD!!

I just about coughed-up blood laughing so hard at Linda Day George's performance in this flick. A great, baaaaad film!

13. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

"You don't have to go to Texas for a Chainsaw Massacre!"

Not bad. There was enough sleaze & cheese to keep my interest. That ending was something else. (Ouch!):eek: It came out of nowhere. The transfer was ass, but you can't beat that price!

gunner, I need to get a region-free player.:D

14. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

:nervous:

I have to join the club of non-fans of this movie. I had the Diamond DVD for one sitting. I hated it. It was an excrutiating sit for me. I got it because I had been curious for decades what this film was all about. When I was in high school, it was rather "infamous". Its definitely an acquired taste. Probably not my thing.

15. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I love this flick! This was one of those I remember from when I was like 6 or 7 years old! I always loved the cover art, I was drawn to that one and Junior (remember that? :lol: ) Pieces was exactly what I thought it was (age 8) and loved every minute of it, however I will admit I haven't seen it in many years... That and the fact that I have had some bad experiences with Diamond (freezing, etc) so I haven't bought it... Back to Junior, I remember in like 1st or 2nd grade my teacher became "concerned" with me as for a class project I has recreated the cover for Junior (remember the chainsaw cutting through the title or something? its been years), imagine 8 year old art etc. I still have it somewhere, I should scan it someday. Cool movie too.

16. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I agree with gunner, as usual. This movie is a riot, and the German disc is very very good. A damn good way to spend an evening.

17. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

I'll agree with you, the original poster art for PIECES is unforgettable! In fact, it is something that has stayed with me these decades since the movie's release. The ad in the newspaper, as I recall, was the same as the poster. It used to be the paper ran the ads for the movies on a daily basis and that is where I saw the images for many of the movies I now love. If I remember correctly it played in the local Drive-in shortly before it closed. Whoever did the graphics for PIECES should be applauded. It certainly did its job...and the movie was as graphic as the art work.

18. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

It's bottom-of-the-barrel junk but --- the best of it's kind! Inept & Highly entertaining chainsaw hack 'em upper. I've sold the Diamond DVD but kept the old Vestron VHS, for nostalgia purposes, of course.

What was that one scene in the beginning?

"My friends say my pecs are funny looking"
    "I assure you, you have nothing to worry about." <staring at her breasts>
    "Oh ok, but where are they?"
    "Here.....right.....here."

I dunno, the dubbing in this scene and the funny dialog is classic.

19. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

It's hard to believe that the nerdy professor in that scene was played by Jack Taylor, who was supposed to be so "suave" or whatever in Jess Franco's Succubus about 15 years earlier. His career sort of took a nosedive!
    Pieces is, thus far, the best thing Diamond has put out (next to the surprisingly good transfer for House By the Cemetary).

20. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

As has already been said - this movie is just SOOOOOO bad, it's funny. This film turns the corner of bad, and enters hilarity street. The Diamond disc is perfect! Why? Coz it's also bad - just as it should be for this film. A clean transfer would ruin all the fun for me. I am LIVING in Germany and would not pick up a cleaner copy. The Diamond disc shows this film how it was meant to be seen - a thousand generations old, colors weeping, sound mangled. Just brilliant. $5.99 you won't regret spending!