Godzilla 1985 Dvd ????????????????????

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by fceurich39, Nov 18, 2004.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

What ever happened to anchor bay releasing this movie i remeber they were had a street date for june a couple years ago then they cancelled it for some reason does anybody else remember this dispute.

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I have this on VHS, and it's a hoot to watch. I think this was the first Godzilla flick I ever saw.

3. fceurich39

it also was my first godzilla movie i watched then after that one i seen everyone but godzilla 1985 and its prequel king of the monsters
    are the only 2 i ever liked i guess because of the connection with those two films

4. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Unfortunately, no R1 release is planned yet for Godzilla 1985. A Japanese R2 DVD is available, I understand, with no Dr.Pepper plugs or Raymond Burr sightings.

5. fceurich39

on ebay they are selling a region 0 dvd that is the original 103 minute version in japanese with english subtitles it does have some cool special features like the making of the movie and so forth

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

AB dropped it because they didn't own the rights. If memory serves me correctly, they thought they owned the rights since they had New World's library, however TOHO said they didn't. Apparently there is some company out there that does own the US rights, but i have not heard who does. Until then, you're stuck with the R2 and bootlegs (some of which are copied R2s with added removeable english subs).