Godzilla Final Wars Review

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by SaviniFan, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I didn't enjoy this at all and I wanted to. Anyone who was surprised with the ending, just wasn't paying attention. The acting fucking sucked... the fight scenes were blah... the story was forgettable at best. I can know safely make the statement that Kitamura has probably already directed his best film... Azumi. It's all down hill from here.

2. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Well, I finally got around to watching this the other night and you know what? I really enjoyed it. Sure, the movie was so cheesy they should be sued by Velveeta, but I didn't pay any mind to all that jazz. Obviously they blatantly ripped off The Matrix, Independence Day and I'm sure about a half dozen other US flicks, but I'm watching for the monsters. Great job on all suits designs. Gigan looked a little weird all techno'd out, but I thought it looked cool enough. I really liked the Godzilla suit. The head was a little small, but the movements were the best I've seen in a Big G film yet. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad the big guy didn't die as I had previously read. I can't wait to see what they eventually do once his decade-long break is over.

3. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Here's to hoping they never go all CGI, even if it is up to snuff in 10 years. I like my Japanese monsters big 'n rubbery. :)

4. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

hell yes :)

5. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I'm trying to watch this tonight and it is doing absolutely nothing for me. I'm 15 minutes in and I'm bored to death. If you see I've actually watched the remake on my watchlist tonight, you know it's gone horribly wrong.

6. Severn

Severn Member

Not a huge fan really of Kitamura's work in general. The last Godzilla movie that I really really dug was GMK. There wasn't any real weight to the Kaiju when they moved around.

7. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

The film was weak but the final fight was pretty good.

8. twicipscu

twicipscu Guest

If you're interested in sharing your development cost, let me know and we can talk more.