GRINDHOUSE full movie coming to dvd/blu-ray AUG 11th???

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

Well you are all wrong. WRONG! You are all just pussies afraid to admit that Planet Terror was so scary you crapped your pants and called out for your mommies.

Whoops. Sorry. Channeling.

2. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Detailed specs for the BD have been released. This looks like the official death knell for any hope of the Machete trailer.

From AITH:

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=23537

The full details have been unveiled for the brand spanking new Blu-ray release of GRINDHOUSE, and I've got to admit, all in all this will be a whopper of a Blu-ray, including the original theatrical presentation, two hours of brand new bonus material including a 10 Minute Cooking School feature with Rodriguez, five features on the trailers including an extended trailer and making-ofs, deleted scenes and much more. Check out the deets below!

DISC ONE
    Grindhouse Feature Planet Terror
    Intermission Cards
    Don’t trailer
    Werewolf Women of the SS trailer
    Thanksgiving trailer
    Grindhouse Feature Death Proof

DISC TWO
    Planet Terror
    Robert Rodriguez’s 10-Minute Cooking School**
    The Badass Babes Of Planet Terror
    The Guys Of Planet Terror
    Casting Rebel
    Sickos, Bullets And Explosions: The Stunts Of Planet Terror
    The Friend, The Doctor And The Real Estate Agent
    Poster Gallery

Trailers
    Intermission Cards
    Don't Trailer
    Werewolf Women of the S.S Trailer
    Thanksgiving Trailer
    Extended Werewolf Women Of The SS Trailer
    View Extended Cut Of Werewolf Women Of The SS Trailer With Commentary By Director Rob Zombie
    The Making Of Werewolf Women Of The SS Trailer
    Extended Don't Trailer
    View Extended Cut Of Don't Trailer With Commentary By Director Edgar Wright
    The Making Of Don't Trailer
    Don't Storyboard/Trailer Comparison
    View Don't Storyboard/Trailer Comparison With Commentary By Director Edgar Wright
    Don't Storyboards Still Gallery
    Don't Poster
    The Making Of Thanksgiving Trailer

Death Proof
    Hot Rods of Death Proof
    From Texas to Tennessee, The Look of Death Proof
    New York Times Talks With Quentin Tarantino and Lynn Hirschberg
    Comic Con 2006 Featuring the Directors and Cast of Grindhouse
    Stunts on Wheels: The Legendary Drivers of Death Proof
    Quentin’s Greatest Collaborator: Editor Sally Menke
    The Guys Of Death Proof
    Kurt Russell As Stuntman Mike
    Finding Quentin’s Gals
    The UnCut Version of “Baby, It’s You” Performed by Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    Introducing Zoe Bell
    Extended Music
    Poster Gallery

Additional Bonus Features
    New York Times Talk with Quention Tarantino and Lynn Hirschberg
    Comic Con 2006 Featuring The Directors And Cast Of Grindhouse
    Hobo With A Shotgun Produced by Rob Cotterill Directed By Jason Eisner Grindhouse Trailer Contest Winners

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember with the last release of Planet Terror, Machete was still attached to the beginning of the film and it was never advertised as such. Let's wait and see.

4. Chunkblower

Chunkblower Member

100% spot-on.

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I would really like to see the ORIGINAL Machete trailer, the one they premiered at the above-mentioned Comic-Con 2006 panel. To date, that's the only place I saw it. Now, you might not agree with the reason I like it: In the "he gets the women" sequence, the girls' boobs are covered up with a clumsy black box. Not the optical fogging we see today, but the old school black square that they have to move around as the girls move too. A really cheesy effect that totally brings back that 70s feel.

Before y'all question my sexuality, yes, the girls have really nice boobs. But I'll take a laugh at a great 70s throwback over a few seconds of on-screen boobage any day of the week.

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

so the commentary for planet terror will be missing? and i suppose the other features from the original releases will be as well. thats disappointing. I've held off buying them in any form since they came out, but now i may have to pick up the dvd copies at the least, if i want those extras. or at least planet terror, for the commentary. video featurettes i can do without, but a commentary is worth spending a little extra for.

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Well the commentary was for the extended edition anyway, so I don't see how it could work for the shorter version of Planet Terror, unless they chopped it to bits. Or are they including the extended versions too? That's one thing I can't seem to figure out with these lists of features. Are they saying that they are shoving both extended versions on one disc or are they simply listing "Planet Terror" and "Death Proof" so that you know which extras apply to which feature.

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i take it back, according to thedigitalbits, the set will include " ALL of the previously released DVD and Blu-ray extras"

they also go on to say "Some of you may be wondering, where's the "fake" trailer for Machete? Rest assured, it'll be on the future DVD and Blu-ray release of the actual Machete feature film it inspired, on its way to theatres from 20th Century Fox on 9/3"

i dunno what this "rest assured" business is...i think this is exactly what some people were afraid of. so the idea of a truly complete recreation of the grindhouse theatrical experience is still going to pass us by. oh well.

9. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

The way I look at it is if you didn't see Grindhouse in theaters, then you will never have that true Grindhouse experience and if you did see it in theaters, then be happy because you'll never be able to recreate that in a home theater.

10. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

It's says right in thedigitalbits artical "almost all of the fake trailers" so 100% almost = something missing. Not to cool. I own this on DVDs and I downloaded the HD rip from TV of Grandhouse with all the trailers so the question is do I double dip and get less movie?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  11. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

"Machete" was indeed fun, but it's not why I watch Grindhouse. That said, it seems insane not to include it. So crazy that I have a tough time believing its omission. As others have said, it's part of Planet Terror, so I never considered it a "trailer" anyway. We'll see.

12. Anaestheus

Anaestheus Well-Known Member

It does seem extremely weird to leave off the Machette trailer. I mean, what company would opt to NOT have a trailer promoting a film included on the disc? Makes no sense.

13. juli888

juli888 Guest

I very much like quality, and I have already got.

14. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

Couldn't it just be that because Machete is now a 20th Century Fox property it's no longer attached to a competing studio's product?
    I have no idea who owns Dimension right now but I don't think it's Fox.

15. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster Member

The Weinsteins still have Dimension, but they recently sold off a shitload of their catalog to their investors so they can keep operating. Not sure if Grindhouse was among those titles (not that it really matters in this case). But if the Machete trailer is indeed not on this, it could have something to do with the fact that Fox is releasing the movie. I'll be disappointed if it's not on there.

16. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I'm stoked that this is coming out with all the fake trailers. I did see this at the movie theaters when it was release April, 2007, and it was cool. I was born in 1969, and I also own all 5 Volumes of 42nd Street Forever trailers and the Grindhouse Universe dvds.

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Again real simple.

Fox owns the rights to the movie Machete. Weinstein does not.

So if its not on the Blu-Ray than that's why.

Also simple, NO full Grindhouse theater version release = NO BUY!

It's their fault from the beginning for not releasing the dam movie in full to begin with. ZERO excuses.

P.S. - I saw the film in the theater and never bought any previous release extended or not. So this is highly disappointing. Also seen the FULL THEATER version on Starz. So at least I got to see it again in my home. But that's where it stops. I refuse to buy a sub par release. I'm not playing those games, so they won't be seeing any dvd money from me. I know this is pure fantasy but I strongly suggest everybody here on this board does the same. Maybe it will send a small message, don't buy the dvd unless it's the full version.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  18. ColonelCaine

ColonelCaine New Member

Fox DOESN'T own the rights to Machete, they're just distributing it.

Troublemaker Studios owns Machete.

Troublemaker Studios produced Grindhouse. Therefore, I see no reason that Machete wouldn't be included on this set. I don't think Robert Rodriguez would let that shit fly, especially since he IS heavily involved in the production of this Blu-Ray, what with producing new special features and all.

It's going to be on there, it just hasn't been listed in the press release because, as has been stated previously, the Machete trailer has always been part of Planet Terror. ALWAYS. If Planet Terror is included, Machete is included. End of story. If I'm proven wrong, I'll eat my words, but I'm pretty confident that won't be happening.

19. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

So it is. We will see. You never know.