Grindhouse Releasing (Pieces & The Beyond)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 3, 2008.

1. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

i have one question on the new DVD for The Beyond Grindhouse is releasing on the 28th.

any new features?? i know there is gonna be a new transfer, but will a transfer be the only reason to upgrade (i have the old Anchor Bay disc)???

there has to be something new to this..

and who is gonna by the Pieces DVD?? I AM!! i love pieces, one of my all time favorite slashers!! the features look pretty good, idk about a Audio commentary though.

2. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Isn't it supposed to be the FIRST ever uncut version of Pieces?

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

As far as The Beyond goes, I'm not sure if the transfer is even going to be any better than the AB disc to be honest - I'm going to wait and see what rhett has to say about it :). I just sorta thought this was a re-release type of thing.

Pieces will be a definite upgrade though.

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Pieces only for me. I already have the AB LE tin of The Beyond.

5. Mutilated Prey

That and first anamorphic 1:85:1 I believe.

6. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

Yeah, I heard that it will be the exact same transfer as the AB disc.

7. Pieces only for me also. I already have the AB Beyond.

8. Grindhouse is part of Blue Underground right? If that is the case then The Beyond will just be a straight re-release of the AB disc as most of BU's releases seem to be. As far as Pieces go, I have an old bargain Diamond Entertainment DVD of that one and I just did not care much for the movie. Maybe a better restored version, uncut, and anamorphic may change my mind, but I'm not counting on it.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Ditto. :evil:

10. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Pieces is a deal then! I'm holding off on Beyond though; already own the Tin.

11. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Where did you get idea the Beyond transfer is going to be the same as the previous release?

12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'll end up getting The Beyond anyway seeing as I don't already own it.

13. I'll be buying both for sure. I've always heard good things about Pieces and I neglected to pick up The Beyond around so this saves me from buying the current version from ebay or somewhere else used.

14. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

This is what David Szulkin posted over on the avmaniacs boards...

15. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Oh ok thank you for the info very interesting stuff. For those that don't own it I guess it would still be a good buy.

16. Conal Cochran

Conal Cochran New Member

From Rue-morgue forum
    http://www.rue-morgue.com/boards/showthread.php?t=24473

To clarify re: THE BEYOND: This is a new reissue of the out-of-print collector's edition DVD with some added bonus features and new art. We're not trying to pass it off as a new transfer, so I appreciate you setting the record straight. The point here is that The Beyond has been off the market for a while, and we want to get it back out there. A lot of people have asked me about Blu-ray, but as far as I know there are no plans for that format.
    The original release still holds up, so unless you want the added bonus material there's no real reason to pick up the new one.

I also got some interesting information on Pieces.

Quote:
    Here's a behind-the-scenes update on PIECES that might be of interest: As with CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, the DVD manufacturer refused to print the sleeves because of the graphic, "offensive" art. And once again, instead of selling out and modifying the artwork, we went through the effort and cost of finding another printer who would run the job as-is. When we did CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, I called attention to this but met with backlash from fans who felt we were just blowing up the "controversy" to push disc sales. All hype aside, it really caused us a lot of added expense and hassle to do it here in L.A. and ship it in, especially since UPS has really gone through the roof because of gas prices.

17. Conal Cochran

Conal Cochran New Member

Oups, sorry I didn't see the previous post by Silent Noize

18. Mutilated Prey

Exactly - that's what I figured the whole deal of this Beyond release was - gives folks that don't already own or want to pay ridiculous prices a chance to get a great flick :)

19. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

What are these new bonus features of The Beyond?

20. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I'm really excited about picking up both, as i have yet to see either one. The Beyond especially! Have been trying to pick them one up for a while now, but refused to pay ebay's high prices. And if this one has even more extras, then even better. Anyways, these are both definite buys for me!

Anyways else a little disappointed that they are both coming out so late in the month though? I doubt any stores around here will carry them, and if I order from an online dealer, I probably won't get them until a week or two after Halloween. Anyways, not the end of the world, as long as I get them sometime!