Grindhouse Releasing (Pieces & The Beyond)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

Aah, yes, now all the pieces of the puzzle seem to fit ... don't they!!?? Leaving all of you very puzzled... yes??!! I should definitely sue someone over a puzzle because, as Dobby said - this is beyond puzzle, this is no longer a question of missing pieces of cardboard, no no no it is exactly what you think it is... it's Chinatown!!

Workshed and Dobby like this.
  2. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Nah the puzzle doesn't matter it's the fact that CAV are scammers. Flipping the puzzles without consent or permission. Worst part though is they pretty much threw grindhouse releasings reputation in the toilet. As for the puzzle I could care less. But I do feel bad for the people who preordered and got nothing. Like I said this has not sold 3000 copies. So the whole all the puzzles is gone is nonsense. However yes this is very puzzling no doubt. ;)

7_RaggedTiger likes this.
  3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

This whole fiasco could have been prevented if there was something on the packaging or covers to indicate its "limited" status with a puzzle included within. I can't even remember any other "limited" release like this (in a long time at least) not having some indicator like that.

7_RaggedTiger and Dobby like this.
  4. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Sticker or no sticker CAV distributor was going to do whatever they wanted to do.

7_RaggedTiger and Katatonia like this.
  5. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Hi, Paul Zamarelli! Thanks for signing up to horrordigital.com!

Shannafey, MisterTwister and Dobby like this.
  6. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

When we vote in our annual Posts of the Year thread, let's remember this one.

Dobby likes this.
  7. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Where are you getting the sales numbers? Did you ask Grindhouse for a tally of units sold?

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

The only thing Paul Zamarelli has exposed is what a giant whiny butt plug he is

(hugs Pieces puzzle)

Dobby likes this.
  9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Count me confused as to where Dobby is getting these facts from too (please Dobby, do post your sources/links/screengrabs/etc.). Grindhouse Releasing, themselves, posted on their official Facebook page over a month ago (well before that video that erupted last week even surfaced) stating all 3000 copies were sold out as well as re-confirming a fact they mentioned numerous times since they announced Pieces that pre-ordering from Amazon did not guarantee you a puzzle... Grindhouse has always clarified everything on the sources they use to get their information out, which is mainly their Facebook page. Now that doesn't mean they only produced exactly 3000 puzzles, I'm sure the run was higher than that (to account for damaged product during production/assembly) so the CAV thing there could be tricky if they have the extra stock, but doesn't mean Grindhouse isn't telling the truth that all 3000 Blu-ray/CD/Puzzle packs are out of their hands (and of course some are sitting in Amazon warehouses) which would be considered 'sold out' on their end.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Zombie Dude, Kim Bruun and Dobby like this.
  10. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

So yeah I wouldn't take grindhouse releasing seriously. Especially after this fiasco but Morally Sound makes good points. As for Pieces I do recall not enjoying it. I did though really like the ending. I might buy it when it goes down in price though. Probably be easier to buy it used. Pretty sure one of my local record stores might have it. If the price is right I will grab it this weekend. Might as well find out what all this buzz is about.

11. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

My bad what I should have said is, I don't believe this has sold 3000 copies.

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I have a hard time believing this sold 3000 units as well. We've been told countless times by companies like Grindhouse Releasing that selling 3,000 copies week 1 of a catalog title for even major studios is rare. None the less a public domain movie like Pieces.

Now we are to believe an "over priced" ancient indie film that's been available in $1 bins for near decades sold out a month in advance? M'kay.

7_RaggedTiger, Dobby and f.ramses like this.
  13. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I have been so busy in my private life as well as work, that I haven't really been online for much more than business, so I haven't really been following this. As a matter of fact, I have my copies of The Mutilator, Blood Rage and Pieces (with puzzle) sitting on the shelf and I haven't even watched any of them with my schedule.

This is really funny! Diabolik stated that if you pre-order, you get the puzzle. I pre-ordered! I don't care that much about it, so at some point, I might unload it on Ebay if prices get insane. I don't even remember the film that much since seeing it ages ago, but couldn't resist a copy. This has been real entertaining since finding out about it and reading all this!!

Workshed likes this.
  14. Shannafey

HOLY CRAP!! The puzzles alone are going for around $60-75 each. I think I may unload it!

15. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Wow, that is ridiculous. Such a small puzzle too.

Shannafey likes this.
  16. Shannafey

Maybe no one knows how small it is??

17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well mine came in from Barnes&Noble, ordered after the release date, and I'm 99% sure it has the puzzle. I can tell by sound, feel and smell... :cool:

If puzzles are going for that price I'm tempted to leave it unsoiled and try to pimp it. But then is someone going to pop its cherry, claim it's not there and ask eBay for a refund? I guess it's safer just to tear into it and confirm the goods for myself.

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

That wouldn't surprise me...

If it includes the puzzle, it will weigh about 7.0 to 7.2 ounces. If it doesn't have it, the weight will be around 5.7 ounces.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  19. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

I was considering pulling the trigger on an Ebay copy of Pieces, puzzle included, for $60, then I realized it was JUST the puzzle. No thanks!

20. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

My copy finally arrived today with puzzle and all!

[​IMG]
    I didn't realize the slip cover was inside the plastic seal so I assumed the puzzle was just in the slip and that's why they getting stolen. I surprised it was sealed and the puzzle was inside the case, plus it all made sense why people are getting pissed off about not receiving one. It's also very strange that there's no sticker indication to identify which releases hold the puzzle and which don't. Has anyone on here not received the puzzle?

Looking forward to digging into this. It's been forever since I've seen the film so it'll be like watching it for the first time again :)

fceurich39, Dobby and Steel76 like this.