Grindhouse Releasing (Pieces & The Beyond)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by vampyr789, Oct 3, 2008.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Well easter is here and I finally got my present, a lovely sealed copy of pieces from my wife, she ordered this from deepdiscount, I've opened it and joy of joy, I have a puzzle, seems most people who mention ordering from deepdiscount did get the puzzle, living in the UK I thought my chances were slim, but I'm very happy to get one, looks like a great package, now can't wait to watch this cheesy, gory, 80's classic.

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I watched the Pieces blu-ray today and overall thought it was a great transfer. Like Arrow's Blood Rage blu-ray there were some scenes with a tremendous amount of grain. Still the film will probably never look better. This one is recommended whether you get a puzzle or not. There are a ton of nice extras in this set. The film is only 85 minutes so there is never time to get bored.

Pieces lobby Newspaper Ad.JPG

3. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Got my Blu today and puzzle was inside. But, I mean, for something that will sit sealed on my shelf for 99% of its life it's amazing all the drama that tiny puzzle caused.

4. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Still waiting for mine. I guess some gimmicks are still a bigger deal to me than others. While I would be happier with the puzzle, I don't really care at the same time. If the accompanying gimmick referencing the movie was more horror related, then that is where I would probably care more. Like the meat cleaver that came with Cannibal Girls or even the bonus dvd-r that came with the first 500 copies of The Intruder. As an example, I got the bonus mouse pad (limited to 133) that came with the Cannibal Ferox dvd steelbook and it doesn't give me the same giddiness as the other stuff. In the end, the steelbook is beautiful and that is what I stare at, not the mouse pad.

Angelman likes this.
  5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah the soundtrack is located between the keep-case and slipcase.