Grindhouse Releasing to release The Beyond on Blu-Ray February 2015

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Just watched my Arrow Blu for the first time (thankfully it has the correct sepia tone opening) and I thought the picture quality was pretty damn good. It's going to be an interesting comparison for me, and I have a feeling I'm gonna stick with what I got.

2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Other than the CD soundtrack there doesn't seem to be much in the way of new extras. Every release of the film since the initial DVD has had the same set of special features, which is fine, but this will make me think twice about picking this up. I already have several editions, including 3 mediabooks. We'll see.

3. foller

foller Active Member

On the new German Blu one can find the precredit sequence in full color newly transferred from a 35mm print in HD. One can choose to watch the movie with the color or the sepia intro. Any word whether the Grindhouse disc offers the same options or is the full color sequence just the old SD scan only available in the extras section?

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I dunno why they'd advertise it as being "provocative". That's kind of a...negative term. Paramount did the same thing with The Godfather trilogy, describing Francis Ford Coppola's commentaries on the film as being "provocative".

~Matt

5. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Not if you're selling a grindhouse flick. In that case, 'soothing' would much more off-putting. It does sound a little cheesy, though - kind of unnecessarily hyping the release.

6. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    The same guy did a Zombie one with soundtrack as well. I have that one too. If you ever get a chance, they are well worth owning. Not sure how easy they are to find. If I hadn't met the guy at a con, I would have never known about them.

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Stephen-Romano/dp/0966751418

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

There you go. I'd never heard of these. If I ever find one I'll pick it up. They look pretty neat :)

8. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

I had them both....sold them on the bay a few years ago. They were put out by Blackest Heart Media....a pretty badass company that had tons of cool shit. I believe they're hte Rotten Cotton guys now.

9. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Yeah I got the same blu ray from arrow a long while ago. The transfer is quite nice so I await some comparisons also.

10. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

All over this. Can't wait.

11. Zombie Dude

Cheers for the info. I'll look them up :)
    Welcome back Dobby :)

12. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Thus iz thaa greattist cakee evaaa mate!

13. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Book your reservations at the Seven Doors Hotel -- Lucio Fulci's THE BEYOND (1981) is coming to Blu-Ray, courtesy of Grindhouse Releasing! When city gal Liza inherits an old bayou B&B, she finds an old curse comes with it -- years prior a warlock was chain-whipped to pieces on the premises, and his murder opened one of the seven gateways to Hell. Said entrance unleashes a spectacularly surreal, sublimely splashy onslaught of show-stopping splatter sequences, ranging from elongated accidental acid erosion to guard dog jugular noshing, from tongue-tearing tarantula attacks to little girl brainpan blasting. The dead rise, and David Warbeck mans up.

An acknowledged masterpiece of the macabre, THE BEYOND remains one of the late Fulci's most beloved, the perfect match between the director's dreamlike atmosphere and obsessively detailed carnage. Years in the making, Grindhouse upgrade their essential DVD release from a decade ago, giving the film its domestic HD debut. Besides the remastered print, the company also port over their hugely entertaining commentary track with Warbeck and starlet Catriona MacColl, supplementing it with a whole second Blu of new interviews, including stars MacColl, Cinzia Monreale and Giovanni De Nava, cinematographer Sergio Salvati, writer Dardano Sacchetti, composer Fabio Frizzi, producer Fabrizio De Angelis, FX artists, Giannetto Di Rossi and Maurizio Trani, Aquarius Releasing head honcho Terry Levene and more! You can also count on vintage interviews, stills galleries, trailers, and other surprises. Plus they've included the full soundtrack CD, remastered from the original recording tapes. Could this finally be the definitive edition of the Maestro's masterwork? Fulci Lives!

3-Disc Blu-Ray / CD Combo Preorder (2/10/15) : Now live at Amazon. Direct links available at my sites.

Original Trailer!
    http://youtu.be/ef0oH3ZizfI

"Like" the Cinema Arcana Facebook page to keep up with the latest news, deals, release announcements and more!
    https://www.facebook.com/cinemaarcana

[​IMG]

14. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I'm not really excited about this. I already have the soundtrack from Blackest Heart Media and the Arrow release is quite good, imo. The only thing kinda cool about it is the glow in the dark packaging. I'll decide after some reviews/comparisons.

15. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I'm glad you mentioned this, because I was close to pulling the trigger and I had second thoughts. I have the old AB tin and I have the soundtrack. It would be nice to have an HD version of the film, but not for that price! I'll wait to see if it drops in price.

16. cjg

cjg Active Member

$24.99 at Amazon

17. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

It looks like this got pushed back to March 24th, if Amazon's listing is accurate.

18. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Come on, Grindhouse (or CAV, whoever is to blame for these neverending delays), get your shit together. Jeez, March 24 now?

19. Zombie Dude

There's the UK, Australian and probably other releases if you can't wait. It's not that big a deal really. I'm happy to wait for a stellar release.

20. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I'm with you. I have plenty of movies I don't even have time for already. A month will pass in the blink of an eye.