Halloween 2005 Celebration / Activities

Discussion in 'General' started by Agent Z, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Ahhhhh, my favorite time of the year is approaching: Halloween! And if you are like me, you aren't content to just celebrate on the 31st of October. No, the entire month of October is your playground.

And that is what this thread is for. If you engage in any Halloween-related activity for the month of October, then this is the place to share it! :)

If you are:

Attending a Halloween film festival.

Dressing Up.

Orchestrating a special selection of films to watch for the month.

Reading books in the spirit of the season.

Going to a haunted house...or even building your own haunted house.

Taking the kids trick-or-treating.

Going trick-or-treating yourself.

Listening to music inspired by the season.

Whatever! As long as it is inspired by the Halloween season, then post it here and share with your fellow forum members!

Start posting your Halloween activities this Saturday, October 1!
    :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  2. Dave

Dave Pimp

I'm going to a concern on Halloween night (Dresden Dolls) and will be dressing up. I'm not sure WHAT I'll be dressing up as.

I'd like to take the kids somewhere, too. To a haunted hayride or something.

3. I'm dressing as a member of the Blue Man Group

4. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Ok, no pressure yet, but...

pics please!! :D

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I have a dress-up party on the 15th. My fiance is going as Angela from Night of the Demons. That leaves it wide open for me as there isn't really any guy characters to pair with that.
    Ideas I had:
    - Capt. Spaulding(this would take a lot of work!!!)
    - Zombie_________(something..like the Zombie Shakespear)

In writing this I had some irreverant ideas that I think I'll leave to the more couragous out there:
    - Zombie Osama
    - Zombie Pope
    - Zombie Jesus
    - Zombie John Kerry
    :lol:

6. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Saturday night two days before Halloween at midnight I will be at the Coolidge in Boston watching Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3-D.

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

That's what I plan to do. Not sure about the line-up yet but I'll try to squeeze in as many classics as possible.

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

That one gets my vote!!!!!

9. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Here is my whole weekend - I don't care if I go alone, either. Halloween is Halloween and most likely someone will call in sick and I'll have to work late on my "Christmas"...but they cannot touch my weekend: http://www.shockit2me.com

10. Ah, Halloween. My Favorite time of year! I've ALREADY been celebrating in my own way:

This past weekend, I attended a "shriek preview" of Zoo Boo function which consisted of 6 haunted houses at a local zoo in Tampa. Its supposedly aimed at families, but I gotta tell ya, some of them are pretty up there as far as scariness levels. I took my 4-year old & I had to carry him through 4 of the 6...which gave me a big ass back pain by the end of the night. For $10 it was worth every penny.

Those of you in Florida can back me up here, but our local theme parks usually go all out for Halloween! Busch Gardens Tampa has Howl-O-Scream consisting of 6 haunted houses plus riding the coasters at night & Universal Studios Orlando has Halloween Horror Nights which are a whopping 7 haunted houses & all the rides open. I might just go to Halloween Horror Nights this year since Busch Gardens looks like they're repeating a lot of the haunted houses this year. I've gone to the Busch Gardens event 4 years in a row & the Universal event 12 years in a row. It's almost an automatic "must do" for us!

check 'em out yourselves:

www.halloweenhorrornights.com

www.howl-o-scream.com

As for movies, I've been watching nothing but horror movies since about 2 weeks ago, having seen Sleepaway Camp 1 & 2, The Boogens and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (03) in the last 3-4 days. In fact I was ready to put on Halloween III (my goodtimes DVD) in a little bit.

On Halloween Night itself I intend to watch my new Evil Dead 2: BOTD since I watched my ED 1: BOTD last year & its only fitting....in full 5.1 surround & turned up 'til I feel like I just came out of a dance club when the movie finishes!

Costume this year, it may be a bit cliche, but I got a decent costume of Freddy Krueger. Got the expensive glove last year and the good green & brown stiped shirt after Halloween (it was marked off 90%), all I need is a hat & someone to do my makeup well.

Enough of my Halloween ramblings. How's about the rest of ya?

11. Mattster

Mattster Guest

I didn't know the Coolidge theater was showing that. Are they showing any other flicks?

12. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

this may just be the year I dress up as Freddy and go on a killing spree because you know, every town has an Elm St. or maybe Micheal Myers and get me some hot babysitters. :D

13. sumo8675309

sumo8675309 Active Member

If you are:
    Orchestrating a special selection of films to watch for the month.

i'll probalily watch a few peter jackson films excluding the Lotr trilogy ,meet the feebles and heavenly creatures to celebrate the guys birthday and halloween

14. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like it. I think they're forgoing the midnite to noon horror movie festival this year. :(

15. Luna

Luna Guest

I blue myself.

Right now, I haven't even begun to think of what I will dress as, probably because of the 100 degree temps this past week or two or ten. Thank you for the reminder though, because I hate throwing a costume together at the last minute! :D

16. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Where I work at, we will be having a Halloween Costume Contest. Not sure if I will be dressing up.

Will most likely watch Halloween 1-5 about Halloween.

Will be going to Halloweekends at are local Amusement Park, Worlds Of Fun, on October 8th.

Going to Trick Or Treat Village right about on Halloween with a little friend of mine named Abbey Rose, who just turned 5 Sept 18th, and she will be Tinkerbell for Halloween.

17. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

18. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I don't know exactly what I'll be doing on Halloween, but I do know that The Movie Network starts to play a lot more horror movies as of October 1st. Especially on Saturday nights. That's one of the reasons I look forward to October so much as they tend to play a lot of the classic Canuck horrors like Black Christmas, My Bloody Valentine, Rituals, Shivers, Rabid, etc..

19. zombiecraig

zombiecraig New Member

I will be attending this:

Music Box Massacre

I may have to miss a few on Saturday due to probably not being able to get out of work both days, but I'll get to see most of them. Unless I pass out.

Then I also want to start a new tradition this year, one that I attempted last year, but got too late a start to finish. I'm planning a list of horror films for each letter of the alphabet, one film for each letter. This list is to be completely viewed during the month of October. I guess I don't have to watch them A-Z, just as long as one film for each letter has been viewed during October. They must have horrifying elements, but some may be sci-fi related. Also, I'm trying to limit multiple films by the same director, too many appearances by the same actors, similar themes as much as possible. And then in the future, there must be a one year hiatus for each title. I can still watch the movie, it just cannot count for this little festival thing. I am counting the possible films that I may watch at the Music Box, and then if I can't make it in time or can't last, I'll make those up with the same or other titles of the same letter. Anyway, I'll take I few suggestions, but my list may look something like this:

A - Asylum (1972)
    B - The Birds (1963)
    C - The Crazies (1973)
    D - Death Line (1972) or Demons (1985)
    E - Exorcist: The Beginning (2004) [just because I haven't seen it yet]
    F - The Fog (1980)
    G - The Ghost of Frankenstein (1942) or maybe a Godzilla film
    H - The Howling (1981)
    I - I Bury the Living (1958)
    J - Jaws (1975)
    K - Kwaidan (1964)
    L - Lord of Illusions (1995)
    M - Madhouse (1974)
    N - Near Dark (1987)
    O - The Oblong Box (1969) or Opera (1987)
    P - Phantasm (1979) or Pieces (1982)
    Q - Q:The Winged Serpent (1982) or one of the Quatermass films
    R - Return of the Living Dead (1985)
    S - Scanners (1981)
    T - Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964)
    U - Uzumaki (2000)
    V - Vampire Hunter D (1985)
    W - Werewolf of London (1935)
    X - Xtro (1983) or X:The Man with the X-Ray Eyes (1963)
    Y - Any ideas?
    Z - Zombie (1979)

Something like that. If I buy something new, it may sneak in as a replacement. Anyone have any ideas off the top of their head for more J,K,Q,U,X,Y and Z's for the future? And I'm sure I'll watch Halloween on Halloween, I always do, so that doesn't really count.

20. This isn't confirmed or anything... it seems to be quite possible but not 100% but when you go to this show, if you see a glow in the dark acoustic band rocking out for like 10-15 minutes somewhere in there, thats me playing the fiddle :D