Halloween (2007) The Verdict.

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by Ash28M, Sep 1, 2007.

?

Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN was...

Poll closed Oct 2, 2007.
  1. Great

12 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Good

40 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. Average

29 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. Below average

17 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. Awful

35 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Slow

Slow Guest

Wow Ash good point that Blair Witch out box officed Halloween. Nice.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I still ask myself to this day where all the damn money went.

3. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Blair Witch was and is a classic- and scary too

4. othervoice1

I finally saw this tonight and it was about what I expected- I wasnt overly impressed with the opening bit about Myers as a child- okay at best- then when it got to the meat of the picture I found it to be a tad better than I expected (i went in with a very open mind and TRYING not to compare it to the classic original which is hard to do) - the ending I thought again was okay. I thought Malcolm Mcdowell did a great job as Dr Loomis - I voted average but could have maybe gone good- if there would have been a pretty good I would have gone for that<: C+ if I was giving it a grade- id watch it again

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  5. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

I'd have to agree. I enjoyed it on some level since I read pretty much every negative review before seeing it. I do that sometimes to see if the bad moments will be easy for me to ignore. In this case they were.

6. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

We finally got to watch this last night and I thought it stunk. If I could still cast a vote in this poll I'd say it was awful. All of the reasons I thought it stunk have been previously stated.

I'll agree that Sheri was good. Better when she wasn't in the house playing the trashy mother. But the scenes at the breakfast table seemed too reliant on the over use of vulgar language to portray the trashiness.

Young Michael annoyed the fuck out of me and I wanted to squash him so badly. I was really turned off by the history of Michael, or rather, how the history of Michael was told in this movie.

I cared nothing for any of the people who got killed. In fact, I couldn't wait for the girls to get sliced up so I wouldn't have to listen to any more of their annoyingness.

The cameos were fun. Adrienne's scene should've been left in. And Sybill Danning still fucking rocks.

I was kinda jazzed about Malcolm MCDowell playing Dr. Loomis. He was one of the film's few redeeming qualities. But as was said about Dee Wallace, they did their best despite the fac that there wasn't much to work with.

Just my two cents.

7. Dave

Dave Pimp

But wait! What about seeing Danielle's boobies for 5 minutes straight?

Oh yeah....nevermind!

8. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

Yeah that's right, never mind!!! Your boobies will always be my favorite!

9. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Damn, can't somebody put that up on YouTube (or YouBoob?), so I can see that without watching the rest of the movie?

10. Hey, I never noticed that the Good/Greats outnumbered the Below Average/Awfuls. We win! :glasses:

11. Dave

Dave Pimp

You're not missing much (literally), but she's still HOTTTT.

12. sundownrider

sundownrider Guest

This movie sucked hairy asshole. Biggest piece of shit ever made IMO.

13. othervoice1

I still find the voting on this so interesting- the votes are all over the place- seems a lot of people felt so many different ways about this movie- a ton hated it while even more thought it was "good" - cant remember seeing too many polls on a movie so all over the place like this on a major release- I am still of the opinion that the prequal part kinda sucked while the remake part was actually pretty good

14. I think the Halloween purists are going to hate it for what it does wrong, while the Zombie fanboys (myself included) are going to appreciate it for what it does right. I strongly suspect that you can divide opinions largely along those lines, with of course some variation and the undecideds scattered here and there. I think it would be interesting for those who voted to say a word or two about their feelings about Halloween and Rob Zombie, independent of this remake.

And I'm the opposite--I thought the prequel part was pretty good, while the remake part wasn't that special. Another layer of differing opinions about the film!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  15. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

The unrated version was my first Rob Zombie film, and I made it to the one-hour mark. Before this film came out, I'd read all the complaints that the dialogue would be filled with "FUCKING FUCK YOUs" and that characters would all have shaggy hair and seem creepily interested in the floor, but I chalked it up to...I don't know, Rob Zombie hate. I have no such dislike for the guy (or his music) and I was in no way against the idea of a remake.

In the first three minutes I laughed outright at the dialogue. FUCKING FUCK YOUs abound! Hoo man! We got drunk, shaggy-haired cripples, screaming babies, stripper moms, slutty sisters, burned-out boyfriends, and shaggy-haired evil kids; basically, the liner notes to the two White Zombie albums I own.

I turned it off after the rape scene, which was beyond gratuitous--although I thought it also contained a pretty evocative moment: when the two shaggy-hair attendants put on Michael's masks mid-way through their shriek-show, yikes--but, honestly, I should have turned it off at the last session between Dr. Loomis and Michael. Paraphrasing the good doctor: "Michael, you haven't spoken in over fifteen years, that's longer than my first marriage. You know, come to think of it, you're my best friend in this whole mixed-up crazy world." :spit: Howzzat, Doc? Cue the rape, quick!

Humorless, grisly, and while certainly bombastic, Halloween Astro-Creep 2000 ultimately bored me. I turned it off and cracked a book (and a brew--I needed one).

16. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

This is one of the worst films I have ever watched

17. rhett

rhett Administrator

Well, at least the film can evoke some good in the world. Nice review, as always!

18. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Thanks, Rhett! The book was the new Stephen King, Duma Key, which ended up being a fine read over the weekend. Recalled a bit of Bag of Bones in its slow reveal.

19. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

I just finished watching the "unrated" Halloween 2007 piece of shit fest. That rape scene was horrible and added nothing to the movie. Rob Zombie must have gotten all of his "ideas" for his "screenplay" from his subscription to White Trash Misogynist Monthly (and if they were a real magazine they could sue). I tried to like this movie, saw it in the theater, and watched the dvd. I just can't justify any amount of like for this film. If all of his movies are going to have his same signature attributes, you can count me out. I'd actually like to see him make a movie where everyone doesn't have long hair greasy hair, beats their kids, rapes people,tortures women, murders innocent people (and we're supposed to feel sorry for the killers),gets fucked up and does fucked up shit, curse like sailors, etc..... Step out of his element, if you will. I really think he could be a great director, but so far I don't think he's shown us much. House of 1,000 Corpses was okay, Rejects okay as well, Halloween- been there done that, nothing new here, let's move on to something new. I just don't care for any of that shit anymore. Halloween is right down there with The Fog and The Hitcher remakes, but much more offensive and vulgar.

20. onebyone

onebyone Guest

:lol:

I can imagine the reaction to Rob's movie where none of this occurs at all.

"Where the fuck is his signature style? Rob's gone soft. I couldn't imagine him being a bigger pussy than he was for breaking up White Zombie but there it is. He sucks dick and donkey balls and I hate his hot I mean too skinny wife. Sure I masturbate to her tighty ass nightly, but that's beside the point. Fuck you Rob Zombie for ruining horror and my life in general. Until you put back the rape, murder and torture in your films, you are dead to me."

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008