Halloween (2007) The Verdict.

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by Ash28M, Sep 1, 2007.

?

Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN was...

Poll closed Oct 2, 2007.
  1. Great

12 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Good

40 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. Average

29 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. Below average

17 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. Awful

35 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

:lol: :lol:

Too true.
    We'll have to keep an eye on who says what next time, cuz judging by threads I've read, Rob is already dead to many so chiming in with this would lose all weight behind it. We all know that the closet is packed with Zombie fans who still take any chance to bash him.

I have and alway will stand by the fact that his wife annoys me, isn't nearly as hot as she gets credit for (she ain't ugly, but I'll never stroke to her unless I'm stroking with her:D ), and until Halloween, couldn't act either. She did impress me acting-wise in that.

The day Rob has any impact on my life will be, um, err, impossible. He does make some great driving music, can't deny him that. That's about the only way he could impact my life now, if I get a speeding ticket from bumping his tunes which make me want to floor it.:) If that happens, then he will be dead to me too.:D

2. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

Some of his music is still okay. Not near as good as when White Zombie was together,but I do dig the one remix cd of his solo stuff that I have.It is cool to listen to on my long road trips, but anyways......I don't know, his next movie is supposed to be titled Rob Zombie's Tyrannosaurus Rex, but has not a damn thing to do with dinosaurs. I kind of would like to see an R rated movie with dinosaurs,but he would probably set it in a trailer park where they are created in a huge meth-lab run by Bill Mosely and Sid Haig. Meanwhile, Sherri Moon shakes her tits and ass for no apparent reason but I won't complain. All of the male victims will die quickly, while the female victims would be slowly eaten or swallowed whole and slowly digested while alive. The movie could begin with the backstory of what really set the dinosaurs off, and why are they so mean and carnivorous ? I had high hopes for this guy, as he is a huge horror fan. Now when I see "screenplay by Rob Zombie" in the credits it makes me laugh (There was a screenplay ?). Really though whether his movies suck or not it does not affect me in the least. I just found Halloween 2007 to be an offensive piece of shit, and I don't get offended too easily.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Besides all the cool cameos in the film (best thing!), it basically fails. I didn't give a flying shit about the "prequel" segment showing little Michael as an annoying pubescent idiot.

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I liked Zombie's version, though during my first viewing I was unsure of how I felt. The second time round it was much better. Biggest problem was character development. I felt more for Michael than Laurie at the end.

Whatever happened to Michael talking? Wasn't he supposed to say BOO when pursuing Laurie?

5. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I rewatched this recently but it was the theatrical version which I hadn't seen all of before and I must say I've actually warned to this more. The theatrical cut was far better than the work print or Directors Cut, it just seemed to flow better. The escape was the big thing for me, although it's over the top the escape of taking out the guards is far more tasteful than the disgusting rape escape. All in all I'd say the theatrical version is quite decent.

6. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Awful. H2 is leagues better.

7. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Man, looking back at some of what I posted in this thread, what an asshole I am! :lol:
    I still love the Zombie Halloweens though. And I miss Luna and onebyone :eek:

8. Bobbywoodhogan

I think that's the worst one of the Franchise

9. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I've grown to love Zombie's efforts over the years. Flawed but I was entertained by both.

For my money Resurrection is the worst of the franchise.

10. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Are you sure? 'Cause this guy would say otherwise.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

H2 is a fave of mine. It's uber violent and has the balls to do something different with Michael.

12. Bobbywoodhogan

I don't mind H:R all that much tbh, bar a few stupid things. Zombie's H2 felt nothing like a Halloween film, it was typical Zombie crap in my eyes. He just intended to shock epithet the kills etc, infact that's my biggest reason he's nit a good director. He's obsessed with rape and violence, he has no idea how to build suspense.

13. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Oh, I completely agree. Zombie's Halloween films were hilariously bad, but to me they were a laugh it off, just walk away and I'll never have to watch it again kind of bad, whereas I think Resurrection was a complete fucking insult and I'm angry that it even exists in the series kind of bad. I literally felt like I was watching someone make a parody of a Halloween film.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  14. Bobbywoodhogan

See I can laugh off H:R it's the 8th film in a franchise compare it to Friday the 13th Part VIII and you have an equally ridiculous film. But I can have fun with them.

Zombie's H2 is the only film that's made me furious ever. I felt completely ripped off, I really wish Zombie had never been near the franchise quite frankly but I don't think his first film is all that bad, apart from chunks of it.

15. MisterTwister

I won't argue that H2 doesn't really feel like a Halloween movie (more like a down & dirty exploitation film but I dig that!) but it's better than seeing Michael Myers being kung fu'd by Busta Nut.

16. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I think H2 works if you kind of forget it's a Halloween film. Some of the dream stuff is kind of...odd, but I think it fit the feel of the movie. At least Zombie wasn't doing a rehash of a Halloween sequel. He tried something different. It worked for me, didn't work for others but I tend to prefer remakes that aren't exact clones of the originals.

As for H:R, I like a lot of the ideas that were used, it's just some of the execution was was poorly done....ok it's really just Busta Rhymes and to a lesser extent Tyra Banks,
    but at least she had the decency to get killed (for the record, I don't hate Tyra I just thought her character was annoying).
    I liked that the people at the party are helping to guide the girl away from Michael and that they got so invested in her plight. Sort of made me feel like I was part of that group.

17. MisterTwister

There are some things I like about H:R. I really liked Loree as Michael and I dig the kills but I can't get over the fact they spit on the ending of H20. And Busta Nut.

18. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yea Busta Rhymes was awful - he helped bring that movie waaaay down in quality. Kinda reminded me of Ryan Reynolds affect on Blade Trinity. Sure they are both bad movies without either of these actors - but their performances were so horrid and out of place it took them from maybe okay to downright awful.

19. Vortex

Vortex Member

I quite enjoy both of Zombie's Halloween films. The first, third and sixth entries aside, the original series is one of the most underwhelming when viewed as a whole.

20. thing

thing Well-Known Member

One of the worst films I have ever seen