Halloween 2018 reboot coming!

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 10, 2017.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Thanks to Bloody Disgusting.

Credit: Bloody Disgusting

David Gordon Green and Danny McBride Rebooting ‘Halloween’ for October 2018

Well this is fresh and unexpected!

Last year, Blumhouse and John Carpenter announced that they would together be bringing Michael Myers back from the dead for a new Halloween film, which at the time was dated for release on Halloween 2017. As you may have guessed, it’s not going to meet that date. The good news? After many months of silence, we’ve got a very exciting new update on the project.
    Carpenter himself, who is creatively involved in the making of the film, just took to Facebook to announce that David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express) and Danny McBride (“Eastbound & Down”) have joined the Miramax, Trancas International Films and Blumhouse production. Gordon Green will direct from a screenplay penned by he and McBride.

The new Halloween is coming on October 19th, 2018.

Said Carpenter:

So you say you want a Revolution? You want to shake things up and bring back Halloween and make it rock again? Well so do I.

David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team. David and Danny will write the script together and David will direct. I will continue in my executive producer role to consult and offer my advice and feedback as needed. David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and… WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away.

I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool.

McBride assured that he’s not looking to inject humor into the franchise:
    David and I are thrilled to step outside of our comedic collaborations and dive into a dark and vicious horror. Nobody will be laughing...

As previously announced, Carpenter will executive produce with Malek Akkad producing for Trancas and Jason Blum producing for Blumhouse. Gordon Green and McBride will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner

Harry Warden and Natas like this.
  2. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Kenny Powers owns this.

3. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Holy fucking shit. How bout them apples, ah? Speechless. Absolutely speechless. Carpenters involvement and that quote from McBride just made my pants a little tighter.

4. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Very cool news.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I've said to anyone who will listen over the past decade that of the big three franchises, Halloween would be the most difficult to pull off in a modern day setting. There could be some great dream stuff with Freddy and F13 is almost impossible to mess up, yet they continue to do so. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I had voiced cynicism before, but it does sound like Carpenter is taking a strong role in this reboot.

And I kinda like letting filmmakers get out of their predetermined genre in order to try something new. Many upon many film makers have been able to mix and match movie genres as they pleased. Talent is talent in most regards. In fact if you can do comedy you can usually do anything.

Natas likes this.
  7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I really hope that Carpenter does the music. Either way, looking forward to this.

8. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Hell yes. This is how you inject new life into a franchise. Hope it works.

9. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Sound good to me!

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Interesting idea to say the least. I'm in.

Will say thou that Rob Zombie was attacked pretty darn good before and after his reboots. Surprised that people are giving the comedy guys a chance.

11. Natas

I think there are a few factors there. One, RZ openly discussed his distaste for remakes in general prior to agreeing to doing Halloween (money talks). The other big factor I think, is Danny McBridge and David Gordon Green are incredibly popular and for good reason. Damn near everything they have done in their careers have been awesome (my opinion, but I think that's shared by a lot of folks as well). Also.....you have to love the quote from McBride himself saying there will be NO comedy injected in this. Then comes the biggest aspect of it all. The man, Carpenter himself has given his approval. I think that's all that needs to be said. If you weren't excited yesterday to hear that news, maybe there's another genre you need to find passion for.

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Well Carpenter has said that he was insulted by the fact there was a Halloween 2. You're correct, obviously money talks.

To answer the last part about being excited, I clearly stated:
    I've seen everything Danny McBride has done. His work with Jody Hill is excellent.

13. Natas

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I wasn't referring to you or anyone else specifically when I said "if you aren't excited......" Just speaking in general.

HUGE fan of Jody Hill. All of their work has been excellent. The Foot Fist Way is one of my favorites.

14. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

David Gordon Green wimped out of a Suspiria remake to remake a film already remade by a good filmmaker... From Criterion-anointed honorarian to... well, the guy's a schmuck. If his imagination couldn't wrap itself around Suspiria, who's to say he's going to have any clue what to do with Halloween?

Human race advanced enough to give us fans but not quite enough for the fans to know to back the right white horse. Rob Zombie, as a tribute, I will watch several of your films this month. Carpenter, have a raspberry with my compliments.

15. Natas

Obviously YOU wouldn't be excited for this. It's a movie that will be released in a year that doesn't start with 19. When's the last time you went to a movie theater? Or saw a movie released this century? Nigga please (I think I'm black, remember? So do I get a pass on the N bomb, sir?) :D

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

No problem Natas. Seriously how good is everything Jody Hill touches. Watch Vice Principles on HBO? Hilarious. Walton Goggins character was outstanding. Come to think of it, he would make for a good actor to be in the Halloween remake.

Natas likes this.
  17. DVD-fanatic-9

Good eyes you've got in your head, considering Rob Zombie made his first feature film in the 00's. But, then again, you're so white- Madonna wouldn't rip you off.

Go home, 311. Linkin Park. Fred Durst.

18. Natas

Absolutely! Vice Principals was incredible. He was KIIIIIIINDA Kenny Powers, but just a little more class. Also am a huge fan of Observe and Report.

19. Natas

I love 311. Seen them about 8-9 times live.

:D

20. DVD-fanatic-9

It may have taken years (for me to see how great his films were) for him to win my respect, but Rob Zombie has my respect. David Gordon Green couldn't even pass through the negotiations phase to show he could make a horror film. He couldn't even do an interview without flaking on Suspiria's legacy. He tows the status quo. Clearly he didn't have any passion for the project, and who wants that flaccid kind of approach to any remake?

I know you do, 'nilla ice.