Halloween 2018 reboot coming!

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

I'm looking forward to hearing casting news when the time comes. I feel this is going to be a crucial aspect to it's success (kind of an obvious statement, I know)......... but the more I think about it, I really hope they decide to cast a group of relatively unknowns. If I hear Zac Efron and Jennifer Lawrence will be involved, I'll probably throw up a little bit in my mouth. Hoping for a smaller budget/ simpler approach. I don't want a shot for shot remake of the original by any means, but I'm definitely hoping for something with at least a similar feel.

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

So basically the film is NOT going to be a remake/reboot and Michael Meyers WON'T be super human like in the later films. AND the film will pick up somewhere were one of the "other" movies left off. McBride refused to answer what film. Shooting starts this fall.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned they wanted to ditch the sister angle so that would mean it takes place after the original.

I wonder if they'll get the mask to look the same or if they have to change it up? I'm very curious to see where they take this one. Hopefully it doesn't feel like a clone of the original.

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

5. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Ehhh.... do we really need to keep going down that rabbit hole again?

6. Zombie Dude

I am kinda surprised by this news too. I thought this would be going in a new direction. I mean I still have high hopes at the moment but I definitely wasn't expecting a Laurie Strode return.

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  7. roderick

roderick New Member

i don't get this either.the franchise already has h20 which i am a fan of despite it's imperfections.i don't really feel the need for another one though.

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Well, this is certainly surprising (albeit, most welcome) news! With Jamie Lee involved, I'll definitely support it.

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I thought the whole point of her dying at the beginning of Resurrection is so she wouldn't have to keep doing these films. What the heck?

zbinks likes this.
  10. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

$ talks!

All these franchises are going the way of the Godzilla series, where each new installment has it's own unique timeline or standalone. I guess at this point, you kinda have to.

11. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

really??? no way, can't just let this thing go.

john needs money,, plain and simple, and he can't come up with anything new so he has to go back to what made him famous and what people like the most! and it's these characthers acourse.. it's just hit or miss and how many times have we been down this road? I remember in 1991 when "freddy's dead" was coming out, they said this one is gonna be diffrent from all the others and really dark and serious like the original, well, we all seen how that turned out. It made money cause it was suppossed to be the last one and the ending was in 3-D, gimmick to get everyone to see it. great marketing ploy.

12. ronnie21

She can't let it go either,, Her career has been in the tanks since true lies..

13. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

So don't watch it.

satans-sadists and Natas like this.
  14. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Hardly. I think that she is simply comfortable and wealthy enough now that she can do whatever she wants at her leisure. I don't believe that she has the personality to desire mega superstar status anymore. And besides, she is amazing in Scream Queens.

15. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

True Jamie Lee is crazy awesome in Scream Queens. I can't believe they cancelled that show.

I liked Halloween H20. I thought it was a fairly good ending to the series. Nothing will be better than the original Halloween. But if they wanted to play the family relationship it works. I still haven't seen Resurrection. I know the spoiler and really don't want to see that. It just seemed pointless and wasn't at all setup in H20.

I guess now this new movie will erase a good chunk of the Halloween movies. To tell the truth I don't remember much of them after Part 3. I just remember a few scenes. Loomis getting thrown through a window or door in a school. I think the cop's daughter was hot in Part 4 or 5. She was the one that didn't realize Myers was in the house and pretending to be a cop. Also the lead girl in I think Part 5 or 6 was cute. Also that funny scene with the guy and his car when Myers takes a pitchfork across the paint job.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  16. Zombie Dude

Now that I think about it I feel this news is even more weird as last I remember hearing was that the plan was to go off the original and ditch the whole sister aspect that the sequel brought in. I mean it's still possible that they may take that angle but I really wasn't expecting a return from Laurie and was thinking this this would take place back in the day. Now we know it's set in present day or at least it's looking that way.

17. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Carpenter's direct involvement probably. Plus she's at the age where she doesn't have anything to prove. She's loosened up a bit and probably thought..."...what the heck...I think I can do this again."
    That's just me, but she's got a pretty good head on her shoulders and usually when a project gets her away from her family it must have special appeal and, no, I don't think in terms of money.

Myron Breck likes this.
  18. ronnie21

know fans are gonna suck this up, but really?? don't you think enough is enough??

19. ronnie21

just hope the trailer isn't like all the late 90's 2000's trailers. with those quick jumps and scares every second.. you all know what iam talking about.. they do it on every horror trailer..

wago70 likes this.
  20. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I don't care how about the naysayers, I'm excited about this! I always loved Jamie Lee as Laurie Strode and the brother/sister plotline. Halloween: Resurrection was terrible, not just because of the tacky reality tv plot and the annoying Busta Rhymes, but also because the characters introduced after Laurie's fall all felt completely irrelevant. Because he's appeared in so many movies, there's a certain familiarity to the blank inhumanity of Michael Myers. He needs to be counterbalanced with someone human who feels just as familiar to be dramatically effective - not some anonymous character dumped into the storyline like what's-her-face in Resurrection.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Natas and Zombie Dude like this.