Halloween 2018 reboot coming!

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

No way, never. I'd rather watch a shitty Michael Myers Halloween flick than the crap released theatrically these days.

....I haven't read the article associated with the picture of Jamie Lee but just because she's in it, doesn't mean there's a significant story line around her character. Or the fact she's in it for more than a minute.

I'm excited either way.

Kim Bruun likes this.
  2. killit

killit Active Member

They'd be fools not to use her full force.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

David Gordon Green is such an interesting choice, so I'm excited to see what they'll do. Also excited for anything Halloween or Jamie Lee Curtis. At the same time, not sure how I feel about them disregarding Halloween: H20. Love it or hate it, that movie was a pretty big deal and well received by critics. Throwing that film by the wayside kind of says that H40 will be just as disposable.

4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Oh man, seeing H40 in print really made me feel old. Ugh.

5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I was never a huge H20 fan, so I welcome another go at it.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

angelman, I agree I didn't care for H20 either.. it had bland characters and just didn't have that Halloween feel to it for me. plus michelle Williams is one lousy actress , not sure how she gets work..

7. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

I personally love H20. Part of it is nostalgia I admit, but even almost 20 years since I snuck into the theaters to see H20 after buying a ticket for Dr. Dolittle (such a 14 year old rebel Natas was) it still holds up well in my opinion. I like the atmosphere and the overall feel to it. I disagree with the above, I believe it has a very nice "halloween feel" to it. Really looking forward to watching it on blu later next month for the first time.

8. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Wha... whaaat? I hope you meant to say "was." Otherwise, does not compute.

9. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I count H20 among my least favorite films in the pre-Zombie series, but that isn't the reason I'm against this. My problem is that this is definitive proof that the studios STILL DON'T GET IT. Tying Myers to specific people was an idea born of desperation. Carpenter has covered that ground many times in interviews. Laurie was never intended to be his sister, and H2 only played that card because Carpenter had writer's block and ZERO desire to revisit that property.

The point of the original is that Myers is THE BOOGEYMAN, pure evil--devoid of motivation. Once they made Laurie Strode his sister, they totally de-mythologized THE SHAPE. Zombie had an opportunity to rectify this and drop the sister angle. Of course, he added even more family nonsense and white horses. Here-again we have an opportunity to deliver a Myers story TOTALLY DIVORCED from previous character associations, and they're backing themselves into a corner one more time. Ugh.

When will this character get a FRESH start? The Halloween comics series showed how scary Myers can still be when he could pop up anywhere.

Sam Loomis likes this.
  10. ronnie21

please no more Michelle William's..

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

“You know, it’s not a remake. It’s actually, it’s gonna continue the story of Michael Myers in a really grounded way. And for our mythology, we’re focusing mainly in the first two movies and what that sets up and then where the story can go from there.”

-Danny McBride

Synopsis

"Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago."

Given that the first and second film take place on the same day. This upcoming sequel makes perfect sense. Can't wait to see it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Steel76 and Natas like this.
  12. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Speaking of feeling old, following up on the original Halloween II and casting Jamie Lee Curtis to reprise her role means we're getting a story involving a 63 year old Michael Myers chasing after a 55 year old Laurie Strode. For continuity's sake, they should probably check to see if Tony Moran or Dick Warlock could reprise the role of Michael Myers.

I'll tell you one thing; sign me up for H60! :p

13. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It's been mentioned in an article on Bloody Disgusting that they don't want to do the sister thing here but then they mention part 2 which confuses things a bit.

Myron Breck likes this.
  14. ronnie21

I always thought they came up with the sister thing because of the recent "empire strikes back" i'am your father shocker,,,

15. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I wish they would do the Halloween 3 thing. That was the best idea for scary Halloween related stories. Halloween 1 won't be topped. Halloween 2 is ok if you like the sister angle. And H20 is a passable movie. It wasn't the best but you have to assume they will attempt a similar story to H20 again. It's really bring back Laurie to kill Myers or get killed. As if he escapes he's just going to come back again. That's why the first one is the best. He becomes the boogeyman and that's it.

16. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I agree. Halloween 3 was fun, and it would have been great if we got a new story every year, with Carpenter as the producer.
    When it comes to the Myers films, I only like the first two. Part 2 was still a fun and brutal slasher.
    Then they just started to fuck everything up, with the man in black, the druids and that Thorn crap.
    H20, felt too much like a Dawson Creeks styled 90:s teen drama.
    There were a few cool scenes, but it wasn't enough.
    The rest following this one, was just pure trash.

This reboot sounds promising, but I'm keeping my expectations in check.
    To me, there hasn't been a good Myers movie, since 1981.

Workshed likes this.
  17. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

The tone of H20 was odd. It's funny you call it Dawson's Creek as that one actress was in Dawson's Creek.

Steel76 likes this.
  18. Steel76

Yup, one of the big problems ;)

Also, it didn't help, that most of the soundtrack, used themes from the Scream score.
    I remember how jarring and annoying that was, as I got flashbacks from the scenes they originally belonged to, during the entire movie.
    So fucking lazy.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah I never really got the appeal for H20. It's ok bit like other I think it feels more like Scream and less like Halloween. Never liked the fact that Loomis isnt in it either. Obviously he couldn't be but it definitely didn't feel quite right with him gone.

I'd actually put the H6 producers cut up there as one of my favorite sequels. I find that one really entertaining.

Steel76 likes this.
  20. Steel76

I need to give that cut another try, since the one I saw many years ago, came from a shoddy bootleg.

Zombie Dude likes this.