Halloween: 25 Years of Terror

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Alexander, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Alexander

Alexander Guest

Say what you will about his self-control issues, but you gotta admire Michael Myers for his go-gettiveness. Currently in the final stages of production is the direct-to-DVD Halloween: 25 Years of Terror. Billed as the most comprehensive documentary on the Halloween films ever produced, including interviews with over 70 actors and crew members from the series, the project chronicles the longevity of the franchise and its influence on pop culture. Narrated by actress P.J. Soles, the 90 minute documentary will also feature exclusive footage from the recent fan-organized "Halloween Returns To Haddonfield 25th Anniversary Convention," rare behind-the-scenes photos, alternate footage and information on the next sequel in this iconic movie franchise. For more on this DVD, including information on how to participate in a "Fans of Halloween" featurette, visit the official website.

http://www.halloweenmovies.com/H25/h25.htm

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I Will Be Getting This Dvd Hopefully They Will Talk About The Halloween 6 Producer's Cut That Would Be Cool

3. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

More Halloween stuff? Meh... I'll probably get it, although the last two entries in the series (H20 and RESURRECTION) were completely pathetic.

4. fceurich39

H20 Was The Worst But I Want To See The Alternate Version With More Gore I Heard It Is Awesome
    Halloween 7 Revenge Of Laurie Strode

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Hmm, this sounds promising.

6. Alexander

Alexander Guest

Just noticed that one person that´s NOT contributing directly to this docu is a certain fella by the name of John Carpenter. He´ll only be there in the form of archive footage. I smell tuna.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2004
  7. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I will definitely buying this DVD when it comes out. They didn't say on the website when it was coming out, just DVD Coming Soon.

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--Just noticed that one person that´s NOT contributing directly to this docu is a certain fella by the name of John Carpenter. He´ll only be there in the form of archive footage. I smell tuna.--

Personally I don't care Carpenter isn't doing anything new. What the hell new is he going to say? He's done so much on the AB discs, it would just be the same old stuff over and over. Plus, his involvement in anything other than the first two (yes, and the third, but we all know about that) is minimal. And honestly, the background on Part IV onward is where the action is at, imo. The first films have been analyzed to death, imo.

If I hear the majority of this disc is on the first films, then I won't get it. If the majority is part IV onward, then I'd be interested.

9. fceurich39

I Am Pretty Sure That It Will Cover All The Films Equally

10. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Well, I can live with equally, in which case, why have more Carpenter? Enough of him, I'll probably fast-forward through the segments on the first films anyway :)

11. Alexander

Alexander Guest

I think Dwatts is not a fan of the original Halloween.

12. dwatts

dwatts New Member

:D

Sorry, that's just funny. I am a HUGE fan, as everyone here - but you apparently - knows. MY previous avatar was Myers :D

I stand by what I've said, in the Divimax release of the first film, yes which I bought again, they have new documentaries, with the same old same old information recycled. I don't need it again.

Being a fan doesn't mean I want to watch the same info recycled.

13. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I'm in agreement that the first two films have been covered well. I'll get this if the reviews are good.

14. Alexander

Alexander Guest

Yeah, but MM from which movie? A-ha!!!!

Yes, it does. Fans do it all the time. It´s like a, urm, fan thingie. Or something. :sperm:

15. dwatts

dwatts New Member

No it doesn't, since I'm a fan and don't. I thought you were a supposed to be a genius?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  16. Alexander

Alexander Guest

I *AM* a genius.

But you, you´re no fan, sir! :lol:
    You´re a forgery, a fakery, a chimera, a soliloquii of lies and deceit! :eek2:
    Shame on you, Gordon Michael Dwatts Jr.!!! :evil:

17. dayglo

dayglo Member

Oh no, more community strife. When shall it end? ;) :p

18. Alexander

Alexander Guest

I think I misspellt "soliloquii".

In fact, I don´t even know if that´s a real word.

Oh well.

19. fceurich39

agreed i have both halloween limited edition dvd and divimax new version so carpenter does not really need to be in this feature a whole lot because he has said everything he could about it

20. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I will get this no matter whaich films it concentrates on because I am such a huge mark for all of the Halloween movies (much less so for the last two, however). I wish I could have gone to that convention in California-it would have been what sounds like a true Myers' fan dream come true!!