Halloween: 25th Anniversary SE (MERGED)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by thrashard76, Aug 21, 2002.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I too am looking forward to this release. I used to own the previous Halloween DVD but got rid of it so I can get this one. :p

2. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Kinda stinks that they prob. aren't going to do a new commentary for the disk. I mean, it is the 25th anniversary

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

The Criterion commentary is great; there's no need to record a new one. That's rather pointless.

4. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

I guess your right. Everyone says how good the commentarys are. This'll be my first HALLOWEEN dvd. Guess I waited for just the right time. I own a bunch on vhs.

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

Debra Hill did a great job with THE FOG commentary. She was really prepared, and her and JC spoke about pretty much everything there was to know about the film. For me it is one of the best commentaries I've listened to. I still haven't heard the HALLOWEEN commentary, so I really have some high hopes. It should be a fantastic disc!

6. Wolf Man

Wolf Man Guest

Well, this will be the third time I've bought this movie on DVD, plus once on VHS, but I suppose I'll have to do it again. I'm not looking forward to this one as much as a lot of people seem to be, since I already have what I consider a good (AB LE) DVD version of it, but if the reviews of the video/audio are good and if the extras are good and if the price is right and if I don't have anything else that I want to spend my money on that day and...

7. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'd like to see that one AND a new one, although judging from Carpenter's comms on the R2 They Live and POD, he doesn't remember shit!

9. Mattster

Mattster Guest

I guess I wasn't the only one who found those films forgettable! Just kiddin'. I wish Village of the Damned had a commentary.

10. bigdaddyhorse

I'd like to see/hear comm on ALL Carpenter's films. Even though his memory is failing, the comm tracks were still enjoyable. For the love of God, re-do In The Mouth Of Madness. If I wanted to be a cimematgrapher, that track would still suck!

11. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Whadda mean his memory is fading? When I saw him on my HALLOWEEN tape he looked old!

12. newt

newt Guest

If anyone knows of a review of this title yet, please let me know! I'm dying to hear about it.:banana:

13. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

Halloween 25 ?

Can anyone tell me if this has a THX or DTS soundtrack.Can not wait to get my hands on this one.I do know it is a high definition print.

14. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

WTF? I didn't know there was a Halloween 25. Can someone please fill me in?? :eek2: :lol:

15. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

16. bigdaddyhorse

Man, I missed parts 8-24, looks like a lot of catching up to do!:D

Seriously though, I'm sure he's refering to the 25th anniversary edition. I'm pretty sure it will just have a 5.1 track and not DTS, I'll check for specs and get back.

17. bigdaddyhorse

Here's what I've found.
    On Anchor bay's site it doesn't mention the audio at all!
    On dvdpricesearch it says 5.1, nothing about DTS.
    No word of audio on dvdempire
    deepdiscount says 5.1, no DTS

I'm not checking every site, so I'd say it's gonna be 5.1 and not DTS. The extras and comm. are probably gonna make me buy a copy though, even though I have the Criterion laserdisc with the comm. already. It'll be nice to listen to it un-interupted by side breaks!