Halloween 4 and 5 coming to blu ray 8/21/2012?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spacetraveler, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Spacetraveler

Spacetraveler Member

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

awesome if true but a official announcement with all the details should be coming anytime now then if true!

3. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

In August? I assumed they would be released in early October. But hey, good news nonetheless!

4. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Sounds good to me....

5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Nice, SEs of parts 2 and 3 and now 4 and 5? Bring it on.

~Matt

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I'm surprised Anchor Bay hasn't released a new BD of the original. It'd be nice to get the extended version in HD.

7. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

These are the 2 sequels that have been treated best thus far, I'm not sure what else they could add to make a triple dip worth it after the Divimax Special Editions.

8. fceurich39

rumored for a 35th anniversary edition next year hopefully with the tv cut included and maybe the footage synapse has as well

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I wish they'd strike a new transfer from the original negative, if it's at all possible. The current Blu-ray still looks quite good, but it's not sourced from the negative.

As many times as it was released on DVD, another Blu-ray is certain. What's uncertain is whether it'll be an improvement in visuals or not.

10. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Details have been revealed!!!!!!:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198026&page=6

"Michael Myers is back, and he’s never looked better. On August 28th, Anchor Bay Entertainment revamps two of the most iconic horror films to ever grace the big screen with HALLOWEEN 4 and HALLOWEEN 5. Coming to Blu-ray with all new HD transfers and hours of both archival and newly created bonus features, HALLOWEEN 4 and HALLOWEEN 5 both hit retail with an SRP of $24.99.

HALLOWEEN 4

He had maimed 16 people to get to his sister. He was shot and incinerated, but still the entity that Dr. Sam Loomis (the legendary Donald Pleasence) calls “Evil on two legs” would not die. Tonight, Michael Myers has come home again…to kill! This time, Michael returns to Haddonfield for Jamie Lloyd (Danielle Harris, Halloween 5, The Last Boy Scout) – the orphaned daughter of Laurie Strode – and her babysitter Rachel (Ellie Cornell, Halloween 5, House of the Dead). Can Loomis stop Michael before the unholy slaughter reaches his innocent young niece?

Bonus Features: Deleted & Alternate Scenes (30 minutes of NEW scenes!), Audio Commentary with Director Dwight H. Little and Author Justin Beahm (NEW), Audio Commentary with Actors Ellie Cornell and Danielle Harris, Audio Commentary with Writer Alan B. McElroy, HALLOWEEN 4/5 Discussion Panel, and Theatrical Trailer

HALLOWEEN 5

Michael Myers survived the mine explosion thought to have killed him. One year later, his traumatized young niece Jamie is horrified to discover she has a telepathic bond with her evil Uncle…and that Uncle Michael is on his way back to Haddonfield. But Dr. Loomis has a new plan to destroy The Boogey Man in his childhood home using Jamie as bait. With enhanced gore and effects, vengeance has never looked so gruesome!

Bonus Features: Audio Commentary with Director Dominique Othenin-Girard and actors Danielle Harris and Jeffrey Landman; Audio Commentary with Actor Don Shanks and Author Justin Beahm (NEW); HALLOWEEN 5: Orginal Promo (NEW) and HALLOWEEN 5: On Set Footage (NEW – 17 mins. of raw footage)

HALLOWEEN 4 Blu-ray™
    Street Date: August 28, 2012
    UPC #: 01313 25671-9 8
    Catalog: BD25671
    Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1)
    Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1
    Subtitles: English, Spanish
    Retail Price: $28.98
    Genre: Halloween, Horror
    Rating: R
    Run Time: 88 minutes
    Year: 1988

HALLOWEEN 5 Blu-ray™
    Street Date: August 28, 2012
    UPC #: 01313 25672-9 7
    Catalog: BD25672
    Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1)
    Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1
    Subtitles: English, Spanish
    Retail Price: $28.98
    Genre: Halloween, Horror
    Rating: R
    Run Time: 96 minutes
    Year: 1989"

Now the good news is some of the Divimax SE extras are being ported over. The bad news is the featurettes Halloween 4: Final Cut and Inside Halloween 5, Introduction by Danielle Harris and Ellie Cornell, and On the Set of Halloween 5 won't be on these releases. But the postivies the Halloween 5 release; I think there's a possibly that the introduction will be included even though it's not listed and the On-Set Footage from the Divimax SE will still be included via the On-Set Footage Blu-ray extra (obvious expanding it by a whopping 10 minutes!). Your thoughts?

UPDATE: Found another source and cover art!:
    http://halloweenmovies.com/?p=1093

11. foller

foller Active Member

It's a bummer that the two featurettes are missing. Why is that? The cover alterations also look cheap. Any word on reversible covers with original artwork like Shout does?

12. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

happy about the new extras and the high def treatment. i guess i'm ok holding onto my divimax dvds. the new covers are kinda dumb (fire!), but i've seen much worse.

13. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

I wonder if part 5 is really not going to include the original trailer.

14. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

they just can't leave those covers alone can they. why is it so hard to just include the original artwork???

15. fceurich39

so the aug 21st date was wrong???? also i thought there was supposed to be new interviews oh well it's anchor bay i'll take what i can get i am just happy there is even special features included!

as for halloween 4 deleted alternate footage i hope these 2 scenes mentioned on imdb are included i think they will be
    •The scene in which Michael kills the mechanic was originally on-screen. The footage showed Michael stabbing the mechanic in the throat with the crowbar.

•A scene was filmed to bridge Halloween 2 with 4. It was a flashback to the finale of part 2 with a scene where Loomis is being tended to by paramedics when he sees the burning body of the shape. Loomis exclaims to the EMS technicians to "Let Him Burn!" and they douse the flaming corpse of Myers to the better judgment of Loomis.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  16. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Definitely wasn't expecting much from these releases due to Anchor Bay's spotty track record recently with carrying over bonus features. But that Halloween 4 disc sounds epic. 30 mins of deleted scenes and a director commentary! Sucks that not all of the previous extras have been ported over, but I'll hold onto my Divimax releases for those. Not a big fan of Halloween 5, but I'll pick up that Blu as well since I'm a completest.

17. Katatonia

Who knows with these jokers. Probably because Anchor Bay has become a 3rd rate studio, and decides when to get lazy and when not to.

18. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I bet you they do it on purpose. They tell people that they're coming out, so a good amount of people hock their dvd copies, then Anchor Bay officially announces the specs, leaving off a feature or two so then all the hardcore fans and completionists who sold off their dvd copies in anticipation of a blu-ray release now have to go purchase them again, which is exactly why I never sell off a dvd copy until I have the blu-ray counterpart in my hands and it includes everything that was on the dvd.

19. Katatonia

It really wouldn't surprise me if they do it on purpose either.

This is exactly why I never sell anything off early though. It's just a tossup anymore whether Anchor Bay will do a good or bad job on a release these days. It's really quite sad how they've fallen.

There is one thing that you can be certain of when it comes to Anchor Bay now: the odds are vastly in favor of re-releases either not porting over any of their old extras, or porting over only a fraction of them.

20. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

Help me! Help me! We both know he's alive but YOU know where he is! Ahhhhhh!!! Halloween 5. This time....they're ready. This time....he's unmasked (sort of). And this time....he's back with a vengence. Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers. (Would they really leave off this trailer?)