Halloween 6 Producer's Cut Vs. Halloween Curse Of Michael Myers

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Jun 16, 2004.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I Love The Halloween Series Especially The Halloween 6 Producer's Cut I Think Donald Pleasence's Last Performance Should Be Remembered In The Producer's Cut Than The Theatrical Version
    So Many More Things Explained And More Clearer

2. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

I Find It Odd When People Capitalize Every Word.

3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2004
  4. puddytay

puddytay Guest

I really found the producers cut quite boring and not really any better than the released cut. So I really don't know why anyone would say the producers cut is better. Sure its longer but not really any more entertaining.

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I still have yet to see it, but I enjoyed 6 as it was, so if the Producer's cut actually explains some more things then it should turn out to be quite a decent film.

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Yes I Do Have The Dvd It Has Atop Quality Picture I Purchased The Special Edition Off Of Ebay With These Special Features
    1.original Producers Cut Trailer
    2.t.v Spots
    3.regular Theatrical Release Trailer
    4.cast Filmographies
    5.making Of Featurette
    6.entertainment Tonight Special Feature
    7.behind The Scenes Footage Of Special Effects
    8. Couple Easter Eggs
    9.an In-depth Look At Thorn Special
    10. And Has Subtitles In English And Spanish

7. adric

adric New Member

i got it off ebay a while ago and liked it i little more then teh theatrical cut but what i didnt like was that it was either replaced or is missing a few of the death scenes i liked but i think if that was the version released, the series would have turned out better.

8. I wouldn't mind checking it out...I assume that the extra footage will...oh I don't know...MAKE SOME FUCKING SENSE?

9. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Looks fucking great.

10. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I have a copy of the Producer's Cut and love it. The additional footage is noticeable VHS quality but totally turns the film into something really sinister. I saw H6 in theatre and never since, but I liked that one also. The theatrical being more of a decent slasher at best.

11. JEDEITOR

JEDEITOR Guest

That DVD was a fanmade DVD created by Mojo, a guy at the Onegoodscare forums. Some people there helped helped with some of the bonus features. Me myself provided the theatrical and TV trailers, the featurette and the spanish subtitles (translating is a hard work, believe me).

Of course, the minute the DVD started selling on the internet, lots of copies (with different covers) began to appear at eBay.

If anyone of you guys want to buy this DVD, I'm gonna tell you exactly what will you get, to avoid disappointment.

The DVD of the link (or any other with that contents) is a DVD-R or a DVD+R; don't expect a "real" pressed DVD. It's a bootleg (a good one).

The "still sealed" part... well, of course it's sealed... 'cause the seller has selaed it. :lol:

The regular footage is taken from the theatrical cut DVD, while the additional footage is taken from a bootleg VHS copy of the producer's cut. That VHS footage has been light and color corrected to look as closer to the DVD as it could. It looks good, some scenes better than others, but don't expect anything better than VHS quality. To put an example, it might look like the Anchor Bay's Army Of Darkness Director's Cut, with all that footage taken from VHS.

The audio is the original one from the producer's cut, so is also taken from the bootleg VHS. It sounds correct, though.

The movie is presented in widescreen, BUT (and this is important) is NOT anamorphic.

The subtitules use a font and a color similar to the Halloween logo. The spanish subtitles are a bit strangely implemented, but can be read as well.

The promotional featurette comes directly from a DVD source (the R2 edition for Spain, where I'm from), so the quality is good. Some pieces of interviews with Donald Pleasence, the director and the other lead actors.

The teaser trailer comes from the "Children Of The Corn 3" video tape (if I remember correctly), so again VHS quality. Great trailer with some footage from the producer's cut and the title "Halloween 666: The Origin Of Michael Myers" (the working title at the moment of making that trailer).

TV trailer is totally handmade. I had the original quicktime that Dimension posted when the movie came out, so I re-created it with footage from the DVD, some text layers and the audio from the quicktime file. It looks pretty good.

I also made the theatrical trailer (is slightly different from the one included in the H:Resurrection DVD, for example), but the last seconds are taken from the DVD version of the trailer. Anyway, is a re-creation of the original.

The Entertainment Tonight feature is just a segment of that show recorded on an VHS tape. Donald Pleasence says some new words here.

The behind the scenes footage are recorded with a home camera while the making of the new scenes (the ones created for the thearical cut). The quality is not very good, but is a very rare and interesting video to watch.

There's also another trailer that looks crappy because is taken from a realvideo source, so it's hidden as an easter egg.

The menus are great. They have a lot of work and I think they are a lot better than many of the "legal" DVDs you can find at the shop.

So that's what you would get for your money.

12. adric

adric New Member

haha i think i got ripped off. what i got is the movie but the copy i have jsut has a couple fanmade featurettes. Oh well and least it was a good movie and i got it for cheap.

13. rhett

rhett Administrator

I'm going to move this to the Slasher Forum. Let's try to keep discussion for older slasher films in the slasher forum.

I still haven't seen the Producer's Cut, but it honestly couldn't be much worse than Curse. A big problem for me, other than the awful cult story, was something that couldn't really be avoided: Donald Pleasence's death. His character really gets no closure in the film because of Pleasence's sudden death, so it ends up making the film look very shoddy near the closing minutes. Dr. Loomis deserved a better fate.

Wow, Jed, it sounds like you really put a lot of work into that DVD. I've never seen such a comprehensive bootleg, and one with such nice packaging to boot. I think I might try to snag a copy.

14. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Luckily, I bought mine directly from the site as I noticed way to many variations on Ebay. This version turns out to be better than 3(obviously) 4 and 5. I haven't seen any after 6/Producer's. Let's not even talk about the other ones that followed.

15. /root_canal

/root_canal Guest

There is no amount of extra footage that could ever turn Halloween 6 into a good movie. Unless you rewrote it and reshot it with a new cast and a new director, Halloween 6 will always be an absyssal pit into which I.Q. points will disappear as you watch it. Even with the aforementioned changes, you'd only have a 50/50 chance of making it a passable time waster.

16. JEDEITOR

JEDEITOR Guest

Yes Rhett, we put a lot of work into it but, you know? It wasn't that hard. I mean, we were doing something we loved; making possible what Dimension didn't want to give us.

If you want a copy, go for it, BUT neither me or any of the original creators are earning any money with that DVD from the link (I don't know a thing from the seller) or any other at eBay, so I don't want (or need) to fool anybody. Expect VHS quality in the extra footage and some bonus features (used VHS quality in the most of them).

I think H6 is brilliant. It had too many problems during shooting, and that hurt it. The script was better than the producer's cut, but the producer (having over his desk multiple variants of the script, picked up here and there the scenes that were cheaper to shot). Anyway, H5 left things too untied, and H6 managed to tie it all very well after all those years. This movie (originally "The Origin Of Michael Myers") tries to explain were Michael's evil come from, and does it well, joining this movie with the first one. Michael is very dark in this one, unlike 4 and H20, were you can se his eyes! What some people hate about this movie is Michael being kind of controled by some bad guy, but in the end Michael shows that no one can control his evil. Anyway, when a movie has as much lovers as haters is because it has something special.

Oh, by the way, excuse if use some expressions wrong. I can manage english, but not perfectly.

17. adric

adric New Member

i was alot more satisfied with the end of the producers cut then the theatrical cut.

18. So that version that's got the black & white cover is the same version that was available from onegoodscare.net? It's got the same technique used to make the footage bleed into the producer's cut gradually? It's just got a different cover?

19. load death 2

load death 2 Guest

This is Mojo's cover of H6 PC.

Sorry for the bad scan.

Attached Files:

20. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

JED, your english is great. I though H6 was pretty good, but I'd be very curious to check out this version at some point. Wasn't there a website where you could buy it direct to avoid bootlegs of the bootleg?