Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

2. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Anchor Bay. Ha!

3. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

This can't be real.

4. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Description for the regular version:

"Halloween night - Haddonfield, IL. A young boy butchers his older sister with a kitchen knife. 15 years later, he escapes from a mental institution only to return home and terrorize the town, including babysitter Laurie Strode. Now pursued by Dr. Loomis, the doctor who tried to treat him until he realized that “what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil”. His name is Michael Myers. And so began one of the most iconic horror franchises in history, spawned 10 feature films and lasted over 35 years. Now, for the first time ever, experience the terror of every Halloween film available together in 1 set! This collection includes all 10 Halloween films: Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Halloween H20, Halloween: Resurrection, Rob Zombie’s Halloween and Halloween II. Here it is, the one that started it all – Halloween: The Complete Collection."

The "Limited Deluxe" version also includes:

"This limited edition deluxe set includes 15 discs jammed with content Halloween fans will love. Brand new, never before seen bonus features including new interviews with cast and crew, commentaries, behind the scenes documentaries, and so much more. Plus, the NEVER BEFORE RELEASED Producer’s Cut of Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers! The set also features both Blu-ray versions of Halloween as well as the Network TV versions of Halloween and Halloween 2."

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:lol: My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure if this is somehow true, they'll surely find some way to screw it up.

6. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

No way this is true.

7. bruce h

Amazon preorders are up. I've added them to my page. This announcement also falls in line with what Cliff from Shout Factory has been saying about having "BIG news" to release on Monday. I have a feeling the Amazon preorders went up earlier than planned and kinda spilled the beans!

8. bruce h

It's 100% real. As I said, Shout Factory mentioned having a big announcement to come on Monday. So have Anchor Bay. All the titles have already been released by their respective studios, so they're looking for another way to squeeze a little more money out of their catalog.

9. Mikey Horror

Aren't the Rob Zombie Halloween train wrecks owned by Sony? Since when are they willing to give anyone distribution rights other than Twilight Time? Either way, Anchor Bay is announcing something big on Monday, just look at their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AnchorBay

10. Katatonia

They've licensed out hundreds of movies to Mill Creek. But if they are included here...it'll be movies licensed from 4 different Studios.

If it is really true, I'd be far more excited if the Zombie shitfests were completely left off the set! :eek2:

11. Mikey Horror

We have all of the Halloween shit there is at this point. Enough already. I'm still holding out hope that Mondays announcement is that they're releasing Phantasm on blu-ray. That would be a big announcement.

12. Katatonia

Well, it's Anchor Bay. They'll re-release and re-release Halloween and Evil Dead until they can't make any more money off of them.

I'm just waiting for the "I gotta pay $90+ just to own the Producer's Cut on Blu-ray?" complaints.

I'd be more excited about Phantasm too. ;) Anchor Bay either just sits on everything else...or screws up everything else.

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I was just thinking that. It's almost worth the gamble not to buy it, then wait for a repackage later down the road once Sony opts out.

It's damn tempting though, I only own Halloween 2 on Blu-ray. Anchor Bay has been known to drop their prices significantly after a short while. However Shout is the exact opposite, known for keeping a tight reigns on their pricing.

14. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Wow. I'm shocked. As Kat said, the consensus is going to be frustration if the Producers Cut is only available here. I'll be intrigued if 4-7 are receiving upgrades to their transfers.

15. Mikey Horror

So if both Anchor Bay and Scream Factory have announcements on Monday, is it wishful thinking to hope that Scream swapped Halloween II and III for Phantasm I, III and IV? That would be worth getting excited about. You guys are much smarter than I am when it comes to this shit, can studios just swap rights?

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  16. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Weren't the phantasm flicks just recently removed from their site too? Oh geez, I'm gonna lose it if both get announced officially on Monday!

17. Mikey Horror

Yeah, Halloween has been beaten to death and that's coming from someone who is about as fanatic about Halloween as you can get. Now a Phantasm blu-ray boxset from Scream? Holy shit, I'd lose my mind over that.

18. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

At this point if some sort of Phantasm box is in the works then I would prefer that they hold off on it until they can include Ravager.

19. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

I'd prefer that too, but if ravager is already finished I don't see why it couldn't be included in a box set released around halloween

20. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It's finished shooting, but I'm assuming that there is a considerable amount of post production work to complete before it's properly ready for release.