Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have no problem that it's being remastered from an IP either (sorry I didn't break this news earlier btw).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  2. FulciLuvver

FulciLuvver Member

most HD transfers that companies do come from the IP, unless its a situation where they are pulling a full-restoration on the title or the OCN is the only negative source left to use for a transfer.

transferring from the negative is expensive, time consuming, and risky for a variety of reasons. not to mention the IP contains all the final timings whereas the negative would not.

just saying that no one should be upset that the Producer's Cut is coming from an IP. this is good news guys.

3. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Thanks for the info. I thought that IP was a negative. I guess I should be happy that this is coming out at all. :)

4. Nailwraps

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Depending what it is they're adding this seems to be another effort by Shout to entice those that already bought those films. Hopefully we get some more good news rolling in.

6. tropical marsh

tropical marsh Member

At the very least, Shout/AB should add ENG subtitles for Halloween II/III. I think it would be a bit odd if some of the films have subs, and others don't.

7. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Just read over bluray.com that SF didn't actually say new extras for 2&3. But that they're working on extras for the whole set. It was just a cagey response.

8. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I don't think I need a complete Halloween set. I haven't seen all the movies and from what I remember the ones after Part 3 weren't that great. I think what I'm going to do for the majority of these horror movies is make my own collection. I did it for Friday the 13th. I would like a few more of those on Blu-ray. But many entries I just don't need and they will just take up space anyway.

9. Nailwraps

10. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

11. Dave

Dave Pimp

Surprising I don't own the Friday or Nightmare box. I'm picky with my purchases these days and while I do like revisiting Nightmare and Friday, I just haven't gotten around to buying them.

I will buy the Halloween set. The Producer's Cut is a key factor there but also getting a better release of H20. The remakes will never be viewed by me but the other ones I'll definitely be watching. Can't wait.

12. Nailwraps

Scream confirmed on Facebook, that the cover art will be released tomorrow (along with a new title announcement!!!!)

13. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Quoted for truth.

AND 3rded.

Hearing Rob Zombie talk about his problems with Carpenter's original just proves that he was the wrong person to remake it all along.

I've been saying this for years now: the "family disharmony" section of Rob Zombie's Halloween is a rip-off of the Rodney Dangerfield flashback in Natural Born Killers. Now, Rodney Dangerfield's scene in NBK was fucking DARK. And seriously disturbing. And was one of those defining moments in film of its moment. Rob Zombie's remake? Sits there like a bump on a log. But insultingly.

More proof that fans just don't know what darkness in horror is anymore.

Blunt doesn't automatically equal jarring, obnoxious has almost never equaled compelling. Zombie cannot handle characters, half the time he doesn't have a clue what to do with actors, and his style is always at least 50% unbearably pretentious. As far as talent goes, he's barely any more skilled than Alexandre Aja or Marcus Nispel - neither of whom has ever made a movie as watchable as House of 1,000 Corpses. And that is sad.

But what's eternally sadder is Rob Zombie's films described as dark.

No, Twister: Kung-Fu Busta is everlasting ART compared to Remake-Laurie Strode.

Again: quoted for truth. The last sentence; I think "masterpiece in comparison" is literally the perfect way to put it.

A worse remake? Oh... they exist. I'm ready to say Black Christmas was easily worse, even though it didn't sprout any trends. I mean, you could at least say Sherri Moon Zombie played a likable (if stupid) character- find one in BC2006.

The father / stepfatherboyfriend was worse. And the "kids" at school.

I don't "like" the kid or anything but I'm willing to chalk his performance up to bad influences surrounding him.

I have seen J.C. Brandy in other things (I knew a Google search would do the trick: she was Rose McGowan's best friend in the silly DTV slasher-thriller, Devil in the Flesh which I love). Frankly, they used her as terribly as they probably would have used Danielle. And if Danielle had played that role, fans would have been inconsolably pissed that the movie killed her off as they killed Brandy.

14. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Myself Ill take remake Laurie Strode over Busta whatever the heck he was in Resurrection and its no contest. Ill also take both of Zombie's Halloween movies (as flawed as they were) over Resurrection as well. I could at least sit through those and found parts I thought really worked where Busta Halloween I find utterly boring, cringe worthy bad and unwatchable. Ive still actually never seen the ending to it. But that is just personal preference -all three are flawed enough I can understand anyone not liking them- but I do find Zombie's movies a bit more entertaining then some folks do.

15. Zombie Dude

I honestly don't think I even hated Busta that much in HR (though its been forever since I've seen it). What I remember not liking about it was the whole tv show angle which to me made it feel a lot cheaper.

16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

How is it that Resurrection gets a pass on Tyra Banks? I'd take a million Busta's before her.

17. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

The worst part is Tyra Banks dies off screen. Her death was filmed but the director thought it was wise to remove it from the final film.

:fuck:

18. Zombie Dude

When is it ever wise to remove a death scene in a slasher franchise? :lol:

19. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I have no problem with offscreen deaths as long as the reveal works later on.

20. Zombie Dude

My issues is only when the death scene has been filmed.