Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

No Creed music video, no sale.

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

:lol:

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Holy fuck this is stacked. I mean kinda shitty that they're adding SD scenes into the TV version of Halloween but at least it's on there. And a new commentary for the original Halloween? Hell fucking yes.

Seems like mostly everything has been carried over , aside from maybe a couple features. But holy hell the special features on Halloween 6 sound amazing and that bonus disc...fuck yes. Really excited for this.

~Matt

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Agreed! This is sooooo much better than the F13 set! I can see people who have already bought the whole series on blu being disappointed but, honestly, this sounds quite good so far. :banana:

5. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they're sort of authoring a new disc for Halloween (at least updating the 35th anniversary edition).

6. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

save your hard earned people, we already have most of this stuff..

7. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Yeah, considering the new Halloween disc has the tv footage in HD it´s totally absurd to have an HD/SD composite of the tv version.

8. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Agreed.

9. rift

rift New Member

Disappointed that there is no Joe Chapelle commentary on Halloween 6 theatrical

Also weird as previously mentioned that Zombie pt 1 is the unrated version while part 2 is the theatrical. That really bothers me for some reason, despite not liking either film at all

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  10. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I'm excited to listen to the Nick Castle commentary. First time we've ever had a Halloween commentary from him.

11. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I am one of those that bought all the other blu releases already, but if there is one series that I am a complete sucker for this is it. I've got it pre-ordered. I was pissed to see that there was nothing added to the discs for Part 4 and 5 until I got to that bonus disc and was able to breathe a sigh of relief! That and all of the stuff for Part 6 make me feel better about the $120 I laid out for this!

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

New disc does not have the TV footage in HD. It's definitely in SD.

~Matt

13. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm a bit disappointed with this list as a lot of the discs are the same with nothing new. Am I the only person that thinks having two discs of Halloween 1 is stupid? Just give us the newest transfer on disc one and the tv cut on disc two. Plus I've heard people say the tv scenes on the 35th anniversary disc were in HD, so why are they in SD in the new set?

I also think the new stuff they shot for H4 & H5 should be on their respective discs. It would have been nice to have the deleted scenes for these ones too but obviously they haven't found them.

I'm bummed that they didn't include the Otman score for H20. I had high hopes that this would happen and was hoping it might make me like the film more.

It's also annoying that the theatrical cuts of RZ's H1 &2 are not present as Shout's press release mentioned they would be.

14. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

From Facebook "Scream Factory We were only able to secure the unrated cuts RZ's films."

15. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

That's curious since, as ZombieDude just pointed out, it was part of their press release. Not that I care, since his are shit, but I might have tried both versions of each down the road just to see which cuts I enjoyed more.

16. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Since it seems quite obvious that the discs for 4 and 5 are straight repackagings of the AB discs, I think the missing 4/5 discussion panel is probably a misprint.

So assuming that, and assuming that the tom atkins commentary is included, like you said, then it seems we can all ditch all the blu rays we own. maybe not the directors cut of Zombie's H2, but I honestly don't give a shit which copy I own. I'll sell my directors cut regardless.

A shame we still can't ditch the 2 divimax dvds, though. The missing commentary is obviously the big loss, but the disc of 5 also has introductions by Harris and Cornell, and the "On Set Halloween 5 footage" featurette.

All in all, though, if I can get back a decent amount for my collection of Halloween blu rays, then I'll keep my pre-order for this live. I'm interested in the new commentaries and the producers cut.

17. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

My only complaints about the box set are that the Rob Zombie films are even in there. I'll be giving those discs away so I couldn't care less what cuts are involved. You could cut those movies any way you want and they're still garbage.

18. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

I hope we finally get the real Halloween 5 theatrical trailer. The one that has been on discs since 2000 is actually a mislabeled TV Spot. The real trailer is 1:30-2 minutes long.

19. thing

thing Well-Known Member

I'm glad it has both transfers, I prefer the old one but Sam glad to have both

20. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014