Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

The only mask I liked after the original was the "Curse" mask. Infact ongoing to grab one from TOTS when they are released

2. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Just checked my UK disc and I can agree and disagree with you at the same time.

While the footage is not perfect HD like the main picture I´m also of the opinion that it is not an upscalled SD. It looks way better than a mere upscalled.

My only reason for this is that, since this extra footage was shoot for TV, the stock used was not the best, making this a lower grade restoration.

Surely if they use the footage as it is on the new disc, the final result, while not perfect, will be great.

3. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

So let me start by saying I am very excited for this set.

But the more I think about it, the more I feel like the set is missing a few things. As much as I despise the Rob Zombie films, I would like to have the theatrical cuts of the movies in addition to the unrated cuts. I actually find the theatrical versions slightly more watchable than the extended cuts.

Also, why not have a commentary (at least) on the Halloween 6 theatrical version? How interesting would it have been to hear Joe Chappelle defend his cut of the movie?

I'm disappointed about the lack of and HD version of the Halloween TV cut. I hope Demoni is right and things won't be too jarring, but it does seem like a missed opportunity.

And why would it be so hard to include John Ottman's original score to H20? It's readily available on CD (I own it) and H20 is only an hour and twenty minute movie. Would not have taken much to put it in there.

But yes, I know I'm nitpicking. This set is a far improvement over the Friday set, and the jam-packed Halloween 6 P-Cut disc will be worth the price alone. I know we are a hard bunch to please, but I'm still dying for this set. I actually held off on purchasing the Shout versions of Halloween 2 and 3 as well as the blurays of Halloween 4 and 5. So I will be getting lots of new stuff with this purchase. Well worth the price for me.

4. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

Rob Zombie's theatrical cuts are availible on BD from Canada as a double feature BD if anyone wants them

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Okay, Im getting confused here. It is my understanding that the first RZ movie is the theatrical version which has the unrated cut listed as a Bonus Feature and that the second RZ movie is just the theatrical version. So all we're missing from that part of the franchise is the unrated version of the second movie, right? :confused:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  6. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Only the unrated cuts of Zombie's movies are included in the set. Scream Factory said that the deal they reached was only for the unrated cuts, not the theatrical cuts.

7. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Scream Factory posted on Facebook they were only able to secure rights for the unrated versions of both of Zombies Halloween flicks.

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Thanks for clearing that up, guys. I need to stop reading official press releases and check out Facebook! :lol:

9. Mikey Horror

From what I've heard, Lionsgate secured the rights to the Miramax titles after Echo Bridge's deal expired and Scream Factory licensed 6, 7 and 8 from them. Lionsgate plans on releasing their own discs of those later in the year. I don't know if that means that Lionsgate will be releasing the Producer's cut on its own or just a straight up repackaging of what Echo Bridge put out. It really is nothing short of a miracle that this box set exists. I don't know of any other franchise that has this many studios involved. I honestly can't believe this was worked out.

10. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Indeed

11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yup same. I'm just in awe that it's happening at all. Definitely keeping my pre-order. I only own Halloween 35th and scream factory's Halloween II and III. Sold off my old DVDs years ago.

~Matt

12. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

The only disc in this collection iam interested in, is the Halloween they put out last year 35th, with the original mono mix. but iam not paying 160$ just for that..

13. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

what the hell, I snuck in on the wrong price at amazon.ca so I'm gonna get it.
    125 CAD ( hoping customs don't bite me in the ass) for the producer's cut and bonus disc. Oh well ten years ago I would probably toss that much for the bootleg DVD.

14. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I looked yesterday at Shout Factory's website, and their copies they had available for the 15-Disc Deluxe Edition are Sold Out. Glad I preordered my set on May 28th through Amazon.com

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yeah , I picked that up for $3.99 during last years Black Friday sale. (actually it was the Wednesday before Friday) Cashier(actually the manager) made a mistake ringing it up. :evil:

Other than that, it's hard to justify a double dip on all the movies for $160 just because of a few new features.

Funniest thing I find is that all the people that HATE the Rob Zombie remake & sequel will now own these 2 movies. At around $16 a piece too. :lol:

16. Mikey Horror

And guess what? I'm still not going to own Zombie's films or Resurrection after I get this. I'm in it for the mono audio on part one, the Nick Castle commentary on part one, the producer's cut of part 6, the bonus disc and the lithograph. That's worth it for me, those three movies I mentioned are getting sold right away. I'll just throw my 25 Years of Terror discs and my Halloween: Inside Story disc in their place.

17. Mr.G

Mr.G Member

I too got the price (95.50) on amazon.ca

100 was my high limit so I ordered. Also got an amazing price (25 with shipping) on Monsters the complete collection...and knock on wood customs didn't do anything.

18. rift

rift New Member

So to have everything Halloween, we need to own the 15 disc set, the original Halloween 2 blu(dvd?), the Halloween 4 and 5 divimax dvds, and RZ's Halloween and Halloween 2 blu rays?

19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You could do that, but then the set won't be worth (what it could be) because of the missing pieces. I would just keep them, just don't watch them. Keep the whole limited edition set together. Besides who would buy Blu's pulled from a set that are less complete than buying them individually? Plus no original cases or artwork.

20. Mikey Horror

One thing I've learned being in this hobby is that people will buy anything and believe me, the set is worth more to me without those three pieces of shit in it.