Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

It's not a new cut of the film. It's a short making-of featurette from the old Anchor Bay DVDs that was never ported over to the blu-ray. That's why it's on the bonus disc instead of the Halloween 4 disc.

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested:

Deepdiscount has a one day only 8/27/2014 15% off.

The code is FB4U15

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Decided to cancel my pre-order. I just couldn't get excited enough about this to justify it. If, somewhere down the road, somebody releases standalone editions of 1 or 6 as they exist in the set, then I'd pick those up. If not...well, no big deal.

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You can get the 35th anniversary Blu-ray of part one now. So you only would need a good version of 6, like you stated.

5. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

I'm still thinking about doing this..... I probably won't though knowing me. :rolleyes:

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

yeah, but it doesn't include the new commentary. All i have is the original AB blu ray release, so there are now (or will be soon) two commentaries that I'm missing, along with a few other odds and sods. So I'll continue to pass on the 35th BD (unless it drops to a ridiculously low price, which it may once this set is released) and wait to see if the new version is given a solo release.

7. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I guarantee a substantially lower price for this. The first Vincent Price box was $20 cheaper than the best pre-order price within a couple months. And if I miss the boat waiting, so be it. I'm sure the producer's cut will eventually get a standalone release. I have everything else I need. This set is extremely redundant if you already own the existing Blu-rays. I'd probably buy it if it included the Halloween outtake footage and Bio Channel's Halloween: The Inside Story. But those are truthfully the only new extras I care about.

The only way I'll buy it now is if it goes on sale in the $75 range. I predict it will--probably by Halloween.

8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I finally sold off all my Halloween films so I'm looking forward to the new set. Hopefully it'll last a few years (at least) without being outdated.

9. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I agree...If I get this then I'll have three blu-rays of H2. Double dipping is bad enough but triple dipping is nuts, imo. I'm really on the fence with this. I might just ask for this as a Christmas gift. Either way, I'm in no rush to get it.

10. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up! I used the code and preordered the deluxe set and with shipping total was 99.12. And I had a couple hundred in my paypal account so I was able to just use that. 20 bucks cheaper than Amazons preorder price <:

11. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

Man I am creaming my shorts over this set. I can't imagine not being excited. But then again, I held off on buying most of the movies on bluray so this will be my first time seeing most in hi def.

12. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Shout/Scream Factory takes the fucking cake as the absolute WORST fucking customer service on the planet. I pre-ordered the Halloween box set when it first went up on their site to obviously get the lithograph and just recently had my card compromised, so my bank had to issue me another one. So I contact their customer service department to explain my predicament and find out how I go about fixing this and they tell me that all I can do is cancel and re-order. Yeah, I'm sure if I cancel my order then one will magically appear as available on their site again, so I send another email calmly explaining that the item is SOLD OUT and I have no guarantee that I can just easily order another one, so what response do I get? The same exact word for word email I got the first time! Do these assholes even read these customer inquiries?! I literally got the same cut and paste response as the first time! Looks like I'm screwed because their customer service is non fucking existent. And forget the phone number that is listed for them online, it might as well not even exist, it's been busy all day.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  13. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

That is unreal. I'm certain that they'll work with you, it's just a matter of getting in touch with the right person. If it was me, I'd email the CEO.

14. Mikey Horror

Well I called my bank to see what they could do and I was told that as long as the old card was pre-authorized it will still go through which I honestly didn't believe one bit, but I talked to the bank manager who told me that yes, as long as it was pre-authorized, the purchase will still go through unimpeded.

15. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

It should work. Last year I had a pre-order placed with Twilight Time. It was pre-authorized and soon after I lost my card. I got a new card and figured with a new number there would be a problem. I called up Twilight Time and they assured me it would go through. Like you I was skeptical, but it did indeed work as my card was later charged and my order shipped. Hope that little consumer's anecdote gives you some reassurance.

16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's pathetic on their part and is some disgraceful customer service. I can't believe they just copied and pasted the message again.

17. killit

killit Active Member

Yeah I hate their customer service. They make no fuckin sense, had a similar situation and countless prudent problems. As a result I don't buy their releases and hope they die (the label of course). Their posters and disc artwork make me cringe.

18. Mikey Horror

Well, I finally got it straightened out. Scream Factory sent me a secure link to reorder and cancelled the old order. Just in time too, because they officially charged my card for the order today.

19. Franco

Franco Weekender

In the US, what's the name of the government institution that you can go to if a store/business doesn't answer your complaints or solve them correctly?

20. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Better Business Bureau. I don't think they would help with Mikey's issue though.