Halloween Complete Collection coming to blu!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Zombie Dude, May 17, 2014.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Not talking price but I think I'll wait until its confirmed that all box sets will have the corrected blu included.

If they do, imagine that there will be 2 different sets out there. People that bought the original with the out of sync audio (and their non matching artwork replacement discs) And people with an updated complete set, all the same artwork, with the corrected audio.

I rather have the updated set.

2. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Why do I have the feeling this isn't happening? I could see Anchor Bay thinking it's more cost effective to just go OOP with the Limited Box Set altogether and send out the couple random "fixed" H4 discs rather than repress an entirely new set.

3. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I agree...the way they're currently handling it is way more cost effective than repressing an entire new set. The buzz is over with. Most people who want the set already have it.

4. xdiggler

xdiggler Member

Just got my replacement disc in Sacramento via fedex. So it looks like some love is coming to the States. Pretty expensive way to ship.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I agree with this sentiment. I believe they pressed and packaged all the sets they plan on selling already.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Watching the Horror's Hallowed Grounds segments on the bonus disc. Disappointing that Tower Farm wasn't covered in Halloween 5, since that's the only location that's not readily available on the net. He even had Don Shanks there to show him where it was, but didn't take advantage.

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Is the out of sync audio in the regular collection set too?

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I have some news on this info. I emailed Anchor Bay and they responded back with this:

Yes, new shipments from the last few weeks will have the new disc. There may still be some in the field but once they are gone, all will have the new disc.

Amazon for sure has all new discs at this point so I’d advise buying from them.

Thanks.

Then I replied asking a follow up question.

Me:

Another quick question about the same topic. In the new sets, will Halloween 4 have the same exact artwork as the rest of the blu-ray discs?

Everybody has said (and confirmed) the replacement discs, were not the same art work as their set.

Their response:

That was an error on our part as we printed the wrong art on the disc. For now, the ones shipping out will have the old art but will try to make a running change to update the art…

So there you have it. Interesting and good news. So in reality there will be potential three ways the set will be out.

1) original release, sync problem, matching artwork (must email for replacement disc, fixed problem, different artwork)
    2) second release, fixed problem, different artwork
    3) third release, fixed problem, matching artwork.

I guess I will hold off a bit.

9. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

I'm just making a region free copy of the oldest disc ( with extra features) and the new artwork :)

10. Mutilated Prey

Nice sleuthing Bags!

"but will try to make a running change to update the art…"
    So, basically that means it'll never happen.

Anyone that ordered form Couch Potato verify if their set has the updated sync issue resolution? I doubt it considering how cheap the set was.

11. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

My wife won't let me open mine until Christmas. I can look at it in the shrink wrap but that's it. :mad:

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Would be interested to know too.

Also on the email. They responded in 10 minutes. Pretty dam fast. Plus I never seen anyone ask that question before, here or on any other board. So I asked here first, then I thought about just emailing them.

Anybody that doesn't know this info will be in for a surprise if they buy the set down the line. Plus how many of them are gonna be like What the Hell? Why is that disc different artwork? Bet anything they will think this was the first initial problem with the set, and ask for a replacement disc. Not knowing they indeed have the corrected disc right in front of them. I wonder if in the set itself, there would be a small note, explaining the issue.

13. Mutilated Prey

:lol:

14. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Well that's good to hear. I haven't received my replacement disc yet FYI. But if it's because they want to give me the correct disc art, then I can surely wait. ^_^

15. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Replacement disc worked perfectly for me. No sync issues this time around. I don't really care that the disc art doesn't match. If we're talking disc art, I'm more concerned about the region B logo on the RZ Halloween disc, but even that's not a big deal.

16. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

So that's twice now that they fucked up an issue like that. First, inexplicably printing the region B artwork on the disc for RZ Halloween, now they made the EXACT same mistake with H4. Seriously, who the fuck is doing the quality control on these releases???

~Matt

17. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I don't think they know what quality control is.

18. thing

thing Well-Known Member

disc art discrepancies mean zero to me as long as its the correct film listed I don't give a fuck. Just glad the content now plays correctly.

19. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I don't understand the bitching about the disc art. Do people really give that big of a shit, or is it the proverbial Straw That Broke the Camel's Back?

20. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

It's just the fucking blatant laziness that pisses me off. Disc art on RZ Halloween, sync issues with H4, then making the same mistake with the disc label when they issue replacements. Like how do you even fuck that up? TWICE!! You think that people would double check things like that. Guess not.

Anchor Bay is just so fucking lazy. They're the worst.

~Matt

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014