Halloween Contest: Friday the 31st

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 27, 2009.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Well, folks, our OCTOBER MADNESS month has almost come to a close, and to send it out with a bang we're offering up all 8 of the Paramount FRIDAY THE 13TH films on Deluxe DVD for one lucky winner this October 31st. Halloween parties aren't complete without balloons, so we're throwing in a set of HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME balloons as well. What do you have to do to get them? Just tell us what you're doing this Halloween.[/B]
    [​IMG]

Well, folks, our OCTOBER MADNESS month has almost come to a close, and to send it out with a bang we're offering up all 8 of the Paramount FRIDAY THE 13TH films on Deluxe DVD for one lucky winner this October 31st. Halloween parties aren't complete without balloons, so we're throwing in a set of HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME balloons as well. What do you have to do to get them? Just tell us what you're doing this Halloween.

Staying at home to watch some horror movies? Going out to a party dressed up as Peter Bark from BURIAL GROUND? Let us know what you're doing, who you're dressing up as (if you are) or even what other horror tribunal things you've been doing all month. Make one post in this thread and you could win the complete set of FRIDAY THE 13TH Deluxe DVDs. Who needs waiting for a box set, anyway?

[​IMG]

The contest will end, fittingly, on Friday, October 30th, so get your posts in, ghouls, and get ready to get some Friday on the 31st!

Happy Halloween!

Attached Files:

2. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

What am I doing on Halloween?

Watching my usual yearly line up: F13 Pt. 2, Fulci's Zombie, Night of The Creeps (new on Blu) and of course JC's Halloween. maybe listen to a little Misfits and Samhain as well, just to set the mood.

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I'll be curled up on my couch watching movies and maybe handing out sweets if we get trick or treaters. I won't be dressing up or anything, but there will be a few pumpkins I'm going to carve so that should be fun.

4. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Going to a party Saturday night, having a movie marathon on November 1st to clear said hangover. This week is chalk full of goodies.

5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

We have been watching horror movies all month. Films like Death Spa and House on Tombstone Hill to name a few.

On Halloween, we will most likely be partying at a bar or a house party and as usual, telling people what horror films they should watch.

6. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Been watching horror movies all month. Should be able to beat my record of 31 movies!

On Friday the 30th we are having our 5th Annual Halloween Kegger. We will spookify the house up, have horror trailers playing on the TV, and of course a mix of classic tunes and horror music. Of course it is required that you dress up and I will be going as Christopher Lee's Dracula.

For Sat. the 31st I have booked the day off so I will spend it recovering from the night before by lying on the couch all day watching horror movies. When it gets dark I will be handing out candy and then heading to my friends house who is having a Halloween party. Finally from there I will be heading to my favourite Irish pub to see my friends band play and rock the night away in costume!

7. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Now that's a nice haul. If there's any contest I want to win, it's this one.

Anyways, this year I'm going as a deranged surgeon. Not necassarily inspired by any specific movies but by the live performances of the band of which I share my user name with: Haemorrhage. I've got my green scrubs that'll be splattered with a nice amount of blood. Gotta have my surgeons mask as well to complete it. All this for my friends annual Halloween house party/kegger. Always a good time. Anyways, be safe everybody!

8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I'm going back home to Reno this weekend for a more "family" style Halloween. I'm escaping the soon-to-be drunken, feral cityscape to hand out candy to the neighborhood kiddies in my hometown. I'll be taking an arm-full of specific Horror DVDs that have shaped my love of all things Halloween since childhood.
    Not dressing up, but I'll enjoying the films on my folks' Plasma TV.
    I'll be visiting this site, also.

9. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

It's my uncle's 70th birthday party October 31st, so I'm celebrating Halloween this Thursday by having a mate over for dinner followed by popcorn and horror movies (most definitely the 1981 Halloween II). The same mate has a tendency to hide when I leave the room, and then jump out and scare the shit out of me. I'm ashamed to say the tactic almost made me cry once...

10. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I'm going to dress up as Jason and scare some trick 'r treaters. After that I'm watching Halloween, Halloween II and Trick 'r Treat.

11. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Watching a few horror movies... I'm feeling The Blob, Creepshow and Night of the Creeps... handing out bonbons... visiting this site probably... eating lots of nachos n cheese. :)

12. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I'm going to be handing out/eating candy and watching flicks. I hope to have a huge 4 day marathon (fingers crossed I got my days off I booked!) and just fucking veg out on horror movies.

13. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I'll be taking the kids out trick or treating but otherwise I ain't got any plans. I'm sure I'll watch something afterwards but as to what it'll be is anybody's guess. Or maybe I'll yank out the ol' ouija board for a spin!

14. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

As always, will have a horror flick marathon of 4-5 flicks. Been doing it since high school and won't stop now...heck, I even get an extra hour this year so maybe I can squeeze in another movie :D

15. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I'll be going to a Halloween party at work.
    Possibly sneak some booze and then meet up with some of my other friends who decided to go Trick or Treating. Shall be great.

Maybe I'll pop in a movie late into the night.

16. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

Going to Connecticut to get away from everyone.

17. Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk Member

Definitely some drinking and horror movies. Most likely Cemetery Man and Zombi. Was hoping to get DJ a little set of dark dance tunes (including Ministry's Everyday is Halloween) but that fell through...maybe next year.

18. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

a 3-movie-marathon on Halloween night (hopefully, since he's sick at the moment), during the day not that much

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

My plans for Halloween are handing out trick or treat bags and then going to a ghost town fully decorated for the holiday including two haunted houses, headless horsemen, and creepy Western characters.

The month of October is so much fun here in Arizona! We've gone to three haunted houses already boasting some cool special effects. So many others we wanted to check out, but there's only so much free time.

Also plan to fit in some more movies on Saturday including a personal favorite, Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

20. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

During the day :
    I'll be donning Devil Horns and handing out candy and temporary tattoos to any kids that venture into the Tattoo studio I work in for our town's "Business Halloween Morning" (i.e parents dress their kids up early and take them trick'r'treating to the local businesses in our business district). I'll be setting up a small "booth" in the front room this year and handling the whole "event" as if I were an old-timey Carny barker, which is always fun!

During the night :

The wife and I'll will be dressed up as a smooth lounge singer-y devil and his hot little devil-girl, hitting up our favorite local watering hole. They generally have live music, horror movie trivia, and free goodies a-plenty on Halloween night, so it's usually a good time.

After the bar, my wife and I will be heading home to watch "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "Mad Monster Party", the 2 things that we watch every halloween, while cuddling on the couch.

Man I can't wait for saturday!