Halloween Contest: Friday the 31st

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 27, 2009.

1. rjmacready

rjmacready New Member

I'll be watching Halloween '78 on blu-ray before heading to a costume party dressed as Dexter Morgan (in his stalk-and-kill gear).

2. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I'll be at home watching several horror films. I don't know which ones at this point. I usually wait til that night and select the titles then.

3. killit

killit Active Member

going to the west hollywood carnival, as i can walk there with the boyfriend and friends. then i think the demons progrma at the new beverly for a sec then dinner someplace, then home movie marthon and we're gonna be flaskin' it round the carnival and since I fractured my ribs in some freak excercise moving incident, so we'll be popping the pain away with some pain pills

4. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Going to party for both the night of the 30th and the whole day of the 31st!!!!!Whoo-Hoo!!!!

5. calmest_ghost

calmest_ghost New Member

I Love Halloween

Please delete.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Member

I'll be at home watching a few horror movies as far as I know.

7. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

I'll take my kids and their friends trick or treating, and then home to watch a few horror films.

8. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Peter Bark. Haha.

I'll be chilling with friends as usual.

9. adric

adric New Member

this halloween i am dressing up as a Rabbi and my roommates and myself are throwing a big halloween party to break in our new apartment a little more?

10. Spit

Spit Active Member

I'm gonna be a Jawa this year...find some treats around the neighborhood then go to some parties.

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Handing out candy.

Watching some horror movies. And try to watch/or tape the Roseanne Halloween episodes marathon on TVLand.

12. arnie

arnie New Member

watching Orphan and Stepfather. Handing out candy:)

13. pieces35

pieces35 New Member

I will be watching some classics in Day Of The Dead and

Dawn Of The Dead!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

14. Sadly I've got to work all day Halloween. However I'm going to attempt to still have a movie marathon when I get home at 11 that night. Or maybe I'll just stay at work and check out Paranormal Activity since we're getting it this weekend.

15. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I don't have anything planned. Things have been insanely busy the past month or so, and I'm just starting to find time to relax. Maybe I'll finally go see Zombieland?

16. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

First I gotta take my two cousins Trick Or Treating....fun
    Then my family and I are headed to a 21rst birthday party. No doubt we'll all be wasted....

17. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Lucky me, I've actually got 4 days off starting today. I tried to do a huge horror marathon this month and failed, big time. I worked like a dog this month.

So, instead of watching movies whole, I'm actually just going to watch the best scenes of as many great horror movies as I can cram into 2 days. Inspired by whoever made that post about our favorite scenes from horror. This way, I might not get to watch dozens of movies but I can certainly watch pieces of all of the ones I would have watched anyway.

Then, in November, I'm going to pass out for my last day off. Maybe spend a little more time online. Something lowkey.

I would dress up for Halloween night, but I'd only scare the one or two parents who come here that night with their kids and always look at you like you're a freak or pervert because they're so paranoid of everything. If you're a woman, like dressed as a witch- they think you're a lonely old spinster who wants to steal their kids because you've none of your own, your biological clock has stopped ticking and your well is dried up. If you're a guy and not dressed up, they think you're a child molestor. They also think that if you dress up as any kind of superhero. If you dress up as Satan, they think you're a devil-worshipper. If you dress up as a vampire, they think you're in a cult. If you dress down or wear something tight, they think you're looking at their kids "like they're meat." Then the kids wouldn't get any candy. The parents would retreat so fast, it'd be like they thought your house was in a gang-zone. You just can't win with these people.

So, I'm thinking of dressing up as a wall or a box. Something flat or square-shaped. But only if/when anyone gets to the door. Last Year was such a disappointment. I waited too late and just put my stereo speakers out the window and played some horror movie themes. I think the only people who heard them were my exceptionally loud neighbors, who were pretty quiet on that night. They certainly couldn't complain about any noise from my house - if they heard any. Their dog is considered by most to be a public nuisance.

18. PBateman

PBateman Guest

Taking my daughter out for her first trick or treat experience, then probably watching a horror movie or two, always feel like watching Halloween around this time of year, for obvious reasons. p.s. Where's the Night of the Creeps review?

19. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Going to a party and drinking my face off.

20. ScottB

ScottB Guest

Taking my son and daughter out for treats. He wanted to go as a sack of potatoes, so my wife cut up a burlap sack, and also made some psuedo-potatoes to go on a hat. He's kind of a funny guy, in case it isn't obvious. Our daughter is a little more conventional, so I think she will dress up as a pumpkin this year. Something about our kids and food, I guess...